Lift dlc buyers cash cap or at least raise it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by fm0987, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dene Devoted Player

And the week before that.. And the week before.. well you get the point lol
    • Like x 3
  2. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Oh gawd.
  3. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Well the population dropping for a reason, and don't say we know why ,cause we don't -_-.
  4. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

As a lifetime premium myself, I do question how legendary people are such in a fence on this. I mean, if we actually do start talking about specifics, let's say, a 500k cap, then I'd understand. To be honest, even a 10k cap I'd be okay with (just to deal with mods attached with the DLCs, specifically purifiers). And if they still oppose on the measly 10k cap, then idk man.

Really don't see Subs complaining in ToR about preferred status' (people who spent 5 dollars) cash cap (correct me if im wrong) 300k, which is very generous of them even if you scale em to DCUO economy.
    • Like x 2
  5. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

It's funny how I see the same people not understanding what the op is asking for.

Op: I want a raise, community: no unlimited, shut up or sub

Me: um what?
    • Like x 1
  6. RealTegan Dedicated Player

This this this this this. All this. This is what it boils down to. Anything I write after this is slush, because Hytch has it right.

I don't mind the cash cap. I find it an interesting challenge to work around. But then, I have all the DLCs, utility belt and base upgrade, so I'm not as limited as someone who hasn't spent as much as I have on the game. I like legendary, and I will sometimes buy my legendary membership subscription when the devs offer something more that I want - but right now the list of perks is not enough to make me want to spend my money on it. So if the devs want me to subscribe, they need to offer more incentives.

However, many people HATE the cash cap, and therefore it has to remain until/unless the devs find some sweet incentive that will make everyone want to subscribe. Period, end of story. It's a negative way to get people to subscribe instead of a positive, but it's the way they've set up the game so that's that. Everything else we say is just beating the dead horse, as many others have noted.
    • Like x 1
  7. lukelucky Devoted Player

With the cash i spent i would no longer need legendary and the profits from players such as myself would plummit

Id much rather buy a dlc a few times a year as opposed to spending $120 a year but the cash is a huge deterent. Time capsules makes the broker important making cash a huge legendary perk so like the ump teen billion other tries this will fall on to deaf ears
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I understand exactly what the OP is saying.

He's premium but wants subscriber perks because he thinks 'buying a DLC' entitles him to such.

Guess what, it doesn't. sub up or shut up is entirely the appropriate statement.

If he wants his cash cap removed then he can subscribe if he wants to stay premium but unlock his money then he can buy a $5 escrow token. This purchasing choice is on him and him alone.

But nope, he'd rather just thrash about and complain about how he doesn't want to actually pay for what he needs but when he 'gets exactly' what he pays for i.e. he pays to unlock the DLC access and that's it he just wants more...

Premium players need to start dealing with their purchasing decisions. Stop complaining and just pony up the money if you want the perks.

There is no justifiable argument to the contrary, you're getting what you pay for as a premium player and only what you pay for. Deal with it.
    • Like x 5
  9. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

I agree with the OP. If you paid for the dlc, you should be able to spend your in-game money. The same people in this thread who complain about the lack of legendary perks and updating them have the audacity to shut down a paying premium player’s request want to spend their in-game money. Hypocrisy at its finest.
  10. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Lol this comment just proved his point
  11. Dene Devoted Player

Noone has said legendary should get more perks and that's it.. what people are saying is, if premium gets upgraded to include more cash then Legendary perks should be upped too, the gap between premium and legendary should always be at a certain distance, there needs to be a reason to sub, if it was up to some premiums there would be no gap or a much smaller one.. and if that happens, how many do you think will stay subbed?
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

There's nothing hypocritical about telling someone they're getting what they pay for.

he bought the DLC, he knows and knows full well that he doesn't get his cash cap removed by buying a DLC.

He is expecting and demanding something he isn't prepared to pay for.

These constant requests by premium players who simply want subscriber perks without paying are asinine, they're all just slightly different twists each time but with exactly the same garbage nonsense request "Give me access to my cash without paying for".

This game has been out 7 years, you know what you have to do to remove the cash cap, escrow token or membership.

And as for this rubbish point, they paid for the DLC, that's for access to the DLC, not access to spend their cash.
    • Like x 4
  13. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

That what he is only interested in sub perks?

The OP said it is a ripoff to sub for a dlc that they feel is not that interesting. What the OP chooses to do is forgo subbing and has a gripe about the money cap.

It is only a ripoff because premium players cannot have what was not included. The mere fact that he hates that they have broken up the perks so that we premium players can choose what we like and pay for that.

What probably should be asked for is another escrow token in the market place for even more time like...1 month, 2 months, 6 months, and 1 year with graduated cost of equal to slightly more than the equivalent cost if one was to sub.
    • Like x 4
  14. majosea Dedicated Player

I like the idea of escrow to have more time .
    but if players would rather have a escrow token then sub
    maybe the sub model need a look at ,
    price
    content
    perks
    ect
    the point is to make players want to sub , not a need
  15. fm0987 Committed Player

I wasn't expecting or demanding anything lol. Pretty much just throwing a few ideas out there and expressing my opinion on the subject. Idk why people are so quick to defend the premium limitations. I guess they'd rather keep paying $15 a month for meager benefits. And why shouldn't you at least get an increased cap for mp purchases?
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

needing something and wanting something can be a blurry line. Premium is made uncomfortable on purpose to entice people to subscribe, it is in the developers interest to do so.
    • Like x 2
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Because it's not included in the premium package.

If you're spending more than $15 a month In MP purchases, there's no reason to not go legendary besides stubbornness
    • Like x 3
  18. Proxystar #Perception

if they're such "meager benefits" why are you trying to get them for nothing?
    • Like x 3
  19. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I don't know if they need to look into the perks...

The reasons for subbing differs from person to person.

While some may run into financial hardship others choose to drop subs when they have no need to sub.

Perhaps there needs to be a good hard look at what is available or attractive with the game and maybe give more reasons to stay subbed with more of a draw towards content.

As the OP pointed out with their undesire to keep a sub, need more when releasing content.
  20. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

I’ve seen some of the people in this thread on previous threads that asked for more legenday perks. No one on those threads said shut up, you get what you paid for.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.