Test Discussion Episode 31: Spindrift Station (8-Player Raid) feedback thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stärnbock Devoted Player

i guess tanks loose the ability to pull, just aswell as trolls do. but: how about weapon stuns?
    wouldn't it be way more easy to stun the deluge warriors with weapon attacks? lets try it out!
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

hold your breath: i guess there is something fishy about that puzzle!
  3. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Black Manta and Morgwar can use more mechanics or adds on their fights, they feel to "easy" and dull on regular (not sayin buff the dmg of the bosses, but give the team more things to do).
    • Like x 2
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I think your correct, but taunting another group of 8 right away doesn't detaunt the first group. Pretty sure every taunt last 12 sec. You can test this yourself in blackest night raid. Did it last night and had almost all the add before super boy fight. There had to be some 50 plus npc out there. Just kept my atomic combos going and pulled in between.
  5. TestReporter Loyal Player

Another thing: The puzzle should have a loot drop, i don't know if you guys want to take the direction of 2 loots in every raid, but thats not really something we like, i believe most of us actually wanted more drops in a raid and not less :p .
    • Like x 8
  6. Millbarge Developer

It's supposed to drop loot - for some reason it isn't. I'll take a look first thing Monday.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 6
  7. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Someone should video it, it was crazy, it was like corum inviting his whole army to kill us lol
    • Like x 2
  8. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Skip to the 24:33 min of this video.... fun times, lol
    • Like x 2
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Here are some notes I did with a "dysfunctional team" today for the Normal version. I find it helpful to join such teams to identify issues that PUG groups may run into on Live.

Black Manta
    • This is an easy boss. We didn't have any problems with him. It seems like an easy tank and spank.
    • For the Mines mechanic, I feel there should be an extra prompt indicating that you can interact with them. The trend for the last couple of episodes has been to "destroy" anything that has a countdown timer on it.

Puzzle
    Oh boy, things fell apart here. This room can really make a group of 8 people hate each other. The team I was on was very uncoordinated. Half the group didn't speak English. Most people weren't in instance chat. As an upside, I got to experience what the mechanics are like for "pipe repair" and in the "main room."

Here are some notes about the mechanics of the room:
    • A tank of Oxygen lasts 60 seconds
    • On my best attempt at pipe repair, it took almost exactly 2 minutes to repair the pipes and open the valve. I ran into issues getting pipe segments to register sometimes.
    • In the main room, waves spawn every 10 to 12 seconds. The number of mobs in a wave increases with the wave number.
    • On the third wave, there is a Deluge Warden that comes out. The Warden can't be CCed and anything inside his bubble can't be CCed.
    • The goal of the mobs is to cross the room and destroy the Oxygen system. Some of them will also try to carry off the spare Oxygen tanks.

By the time you get to the 2 minute mark, the is room completely overflowing with mobs. There is no way you can burn them fast enough. Targeting becomes extremely problematic when there are that many mobs around. If you are trying to target a specific enemy, good luck because you can't do it.

One of the things I disliked about this room was trying to determine the oxygen levels of the players performing the pipe repair. One person told me there is a "red indicator" on the current oxygen tank when it runs low. I never saw it.

Having a "pipe repair progress meter" for the people in the main room wasn't too useful. It pretty much only told you who was screwing up their pipe repair and needed to be kicked from the group. I'd rather have a better indicator of what the Oxygen levels are for the pipe repair people. Relying on voice chat wasn't the best method for communicating Oxygen levels since people were talking over top each other.
    • Like x 1
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

Had a great laugh watching this lol. That puzzle room is awesome, can't wait to experience it for better and worse xD The pipe-repairing looks like a lot of fun
    • Like x 2
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The mechanics def need to be a little more punishing. The Morgwar was a joke. I didn't even get to see everything he did because he melted so fast with little repercussions. Only things I noticed was when he soaks up the puddles he gets bigger, also Mera puts out a healing bubble for whatever reason that's not even needed in normal because there isn't anything seriously life threatening, well except for when he changes to a whirlpool and chases people around the room, but that's a simple dodge and weave. not saying buff the damage of the actual boss, but the mechanics sure as hell need to be kicked up a notch. It's weird going from this awesome engaging puzzle room to a joke of a last boss.
    • Like x 2
  12. TestReporter Loyal Player

There is a Oxygen indicator. When you first put the tank in it has a green indicator, after some time it becomes yellow, when it's ending it becomes red.
    [IMG]: Red indicator.
    • Like x 1
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Thanks.

Looking back on videos of my earlier runs, that particular icon never showed up for me. It always appeared as a yellowish-green even when the guy was complaining about being out of Oxygen.

Maybe it is a bug?

Still, I'd like a more definitive reference for monitoring teammate Oxygen levels. As is, I'm mostly relying on a timer to know when to replenish the Oxygen tank.
    • Like x 2
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Here's a shorter version of the puzzle attempt, for anyone curious :D

• Like x 2
  15. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I agree, a text indicator for the people on the main room would help a lot to pass this room.
  16. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

To me it was the best gameplay experience i got from my day on test server. If only the other boss fights were more engaging...
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

I knew from seeing the bomb mechanic from manta-fight on the stream that it was going to be a straight forward fight, those bombs will probably only cause a problem in elite which is fine... But that last boss should be more intimidating overall. Hopefully it might be bugged, and there's more to him than what was shown in current test videos.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Fingers crossed here to see some changes on the Boss fights, otherwise they are just tank and spank.
    • Like x 1
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They're not even that bad in elite, we tried it earlier. Just stand by the walls and you're fine.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Black Manta has a crew on the comics right? i wonder why he has no henchmen helping him on that first fight tho.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.