Test Discussion Episode 31: Spindrift Station (8-Player Raid) feedback thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for playing the Spindrift Station Event/Raid. Feel free to post any feedback, suggestion, or issues you come across.
    I will check this thread periodically and update this post with any changes.
    -Millbarge
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Why is Spindrift Station classified as a T8 raid while "The Threat Below" is classified at T9? Both of them seem to have the same requirements.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Millbarge Developer

This is a known issue - we were working on this today to get it resolved. It will likely be mid-week next week before there is a final resolution pushed to PCTest.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 2
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Is it intended for adds to spawn that quickly on the puzzle part? It seems you get overran faster then you can complete the puzzle unless there's something we're missing
  5. Millbarge Developer

Did you bring controllers?
    It may be off - but both the underwater players and the ones defending the oxygen tanks should both be under pressure...you take too long to drain the room and something bad is going to happen.

-Millbarge

Edit: what version were you running?
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

We were in normal, and the spawn rate of adds were a little ridiculous, like a group member said it looked like a swarm of ants lol.

We had a troll helping the tank with stuns but the adds still eventually overran us. Does killing adds make them spawn faster? I kind of think we have to keep them stunned as long as possible but not sure.
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Maybe they're trying to push dual controllers again.

Are the adds staying stunned, or do they break out in seconds?
  8. TestReporter Loyal Player

Ran the normal version of the raid, the art team did a really really fantastic job, not many guys can do such a beatiful raid with a outdated engine, well done.
    Black Manta: The fight is kinda of ridiculous, all you do is tank and spank the boss, the things on the ground don't do enough damage to care about them.
    Puzzle: It's well done and the most challenging thing on the normal version, in the first days pugs may have trouble, but once people get used to it,it'll get really easier. I think the troll should be able to stunn the adds more.
    Final Boss: [IMG]
    Really, you don't have to do anything, i don't even know what the mera shields are for, the boss just does a little damage on the tank and becomes water doing almost no damage to the team, 90% of the fight it feels like you are fighting a sparring target.
    It doesn't have to be hard, but could at least have mechanics that make the boss fights feel different from the other.
    • Like x 2
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

There's certain adds that are immune to stuns, and they have a blue bubble around them that renders any other adds in the bubble immune as well, kind of neat but also a pain in the rear. Other then that they're all stunnable.

We ended up passing the puzzle. One troll, one tank, rest dps and heal. Raid is very easy other then the puzzle.
    • Like x 1
  10. Belthazur Dedicated Player

If the Troll Pulls the Adds to him then maybe the tank can bunch em together and burn that way.
    Its a theory i have on that.
    NO i have not run the raid yet
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The adds spawn way too quickly to rely on the troll puling them. The troll can help pull if they get close to the oxygen tanks, but other then that the troll will do more stunning then anything else.
    • Like x 1
  12. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Good to know thx. I mainly Troll for League Runs so thats helpful
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

OK, i made my decission: the raid is AWESOME, hwo cares about the size of it ^^
    just the feat: get over your fears is totally worth the waiting for, it is just hillarious!
    THAT is the kind of fun, the game desperately needs more of, very well done ^^
    noteworthy: there is a new music track in the puzzle room, and it sounds epic!
    • Like x 1
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

the devs were realy creative with this raid and the underwater part is great!
    there will be wipes on the live server though... many, many, many wipes ^^
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yep I noticed the music as well, reminded me how the whole game needs a sound track revamp badly
    • Like x 1
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

the thing is: you can CC only so many times, then they get imune to controll effects... we need realy high DPS here, i suppose ^^
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

We ended up trying to slow the burn down and rely on stuns, didn't exactly work. The adds seem to spawn at the same rate no matter what so this room is definitely a dps check.

I want to try elite this weekend
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Would two tank be better than two trolls?
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It probably would, we didn't try two tanks but I'm not exaggerating when I say there were at least 50 adds in that room after about 3-4 minutes, so two tanks controlling them would probably work better. I'm willing to bet that would be the way to go for elite as well.
    • Like x 2
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

50 seems like a bug, I thought tank taunts could only hold 8 npc’s at a time, or was that before revamp?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.