Please Do Not Remove Stat Caps

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Shark Dental, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Nice reading comprehension, lol. I never asked them to remove sp from the game. That's just stupid. I asked them to include other ways to obtain STATS and slowly reduce the amount of SP available in the FUTURE from episodes and TCs, and I explained why: to make the game more alt friendly. I'm not salty, and even if I was it still doesn't negate sound reasoning, which you continue to skip over. You haven't provided any data or mathematics or dev posts or anything whatsoever. You just keep posting the same thing over and over and over. Lol.

Ask people like Fatal or Penryn whether the opinion of people who have left the game still carries any weight. True, I can't comment on the way things are now in January, nor did I attempt to (do you see me posting about the difficulty of PanE or any of them?) I can comment on what I observed directly up through ZooE, however. I can comment on the state of the villain population, both from direct observation and now continued posts by others who are still in game.

In the end, what I say or don't say doesn't matter anyway. Unlike you, I merely present opinions and suggestions, ideas for the devs to consider and decide whether to act on or not.

You, on the other hand, DEMAND what is supposedly OWED you as birthright, the WAY YOU WANT IT, not the devs. Do you see me on here pouting because things aren't alt-friendly the way I want it? Is this thread titled GET RID OF SKILL POINTS? No.I'm only defending against what would be an incredibly bad idea, backed up with hard math and the devs vision of the game. Take it or leave it, I honestly don't care.
    • Like x 2
  2. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Nah, I think they would just pump 300+ skill points into might/power, realise they still can’t keep up with hybrid (if that’s actually where a nerf left PFTT) then come back here to cry more. You can’t win with people like this.

They want to reap the rewards of their ‘hard work’ to get SP, yet choose the easy way to DPS? Yet more wonderful logic right there. Am I the only one who logged on after the revamp and gleefully ran to the sparring targets to get to work on a hybrid loadout/rotation, completely disregarding PFTT? I thought that’s what we all wanted?
    • Like x 2
  3. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I'm sure many people tried, once they saw two abilities take half their power bar I think they realized it was futile to play or enjoy.
    • Like x 1
  4. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Well, I’m enjoying it a hell of a lot more than face rolling 12345, while still waiting for someone to out DPS my melee loadout and I don’t have power issues, because skill points. PFTT struggles way more than I do for power. You’ve already seen what bow can do for a tanks damage ;) I know that really hurts the PFTT players feels as it is.

If all weapons were brought in line with bow I seriously doubt alot of players would give up on easy mode DPS with all things being equal. As for many? I’m pretty sure the many went straight to youtube to find a PFTT loadout despite seemingly many wanting AMs gone in the first place. We just don’t have a player base that is used to ‘hybrid’ DPSing anymore. The underperforming powers since the revamp prove it. The amount of people crying for a fix to the likes of mental and sorc seemed to be persisting with PFTT when in the meantime, hybrid would have performed better for them.

Regardless, the original point being, those who want the cap removed on the stat points have no logical argument.
    • Like x 2
  5. Punch Drunk Active Player

So wait what do you think phasing out s p really means? if they phase out the importance of SP going forward that means everything everyone playing the game has already achieved is now worthless for all players not just me. It means skill points mean nothing so yes basically they would take them out of the game and wait didn't you say you quit prior to RWC? then how did you observe ZooE ? Keep your story straight man. Hard to take anything today as valid. Done with anything you say. Have a good day and keep posting.
  6. Lodestone Active Player

About the stats cap, its not really an issue for me, i think its fine atm.
    But i want to respond to what you wrote.
    The 'crying' for a fix to mental and sorc was/is because ppl say the powers are underperforming to others so switching to hybrid to do more damage has nothing to do with that.
    It sounds a bit childish to me to call pfft play/ers easy mode and frankly i have never looked at players that way whatever style they use, just play as you like and enjoy the game.
    I quess you dont use a rotation as hybrid?
    As for changing to hybrid/play weapons well i would if i had or make a char like say Deadshot who uses guns but my char is mental who uses mental powers;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm trying to create a hybrid rotation out of movement powers, lol.

No you're not the only one. You're also right in your other post too, if all weapon combos were at the bow/smokebomb standard, it wouldn't break the game and kill PFtT. It would open up hybrid and weapon dps as a competable play style.
    • Like x 1
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

My sub expired halfway through Riddled with Crime. I never finished the gear set for it. But I did run ZooE all the way up until it expired. I don't consider it finishing RWC because I never finished the rewards from it. Sorry if that was confusing. I should've been clearer.
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Why do you understand that? I'm asking for them to reduce the amount of SP going forward that is released. How does that reduce the amount of stats that come from the SP that people have already amassed and that are available in the game? I'm not asking them to remove any SP that's already present, nor remove the system (they never should have invented sp to begin with as a means of progression, but that ship sailed seven years ago, so removing it would obviously be unfair to players).

I guess you're in such a hurry to get upset that you don't sit down to read the post at all. Otherwise you would've noticed the word FUTURE, in CAPS. It's OK, I know that sound reasoning makes the emotions go all haywire. If you're done with me, that's totally fine. We can agree to disagree.
  10. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Of course I have a rotation. One that requires more complex imputs, timing, reactions, positioning, coutering ability and mechanical awareness with ability to survive than any PFTT rotation. Were you really trying to compare the two in such a way by simply calling it a rotation? Like somehow facerolling 12345 while standing at the back of the room is the same thing because ‘rotation’?

I don’t get why the exception to PFTT being called easy mode either. If you’re just someone role playing as a mental player doing mental things then are you not a casual just playing for fun? In which case, what I said doesn’t apply to you, you’re not that concerned about maximum potential or you wouldn’t be playing that way. Either that or I hit a nerve. Why do you care if the way you choose to play just happens to be the simplest way?

I was talking about the kind of player who wants to do the same, if not more (lets face it, it’s usually more), damage as everyone else without having to put in the same work for it. The entitled player. I though that was obvious. If these were actual good players who really cared that much about their damage potential, they would have adapted (like good players do) until a fix came while providing constructive feedback, not complaints. If that meant doing it the harder way, for as long as necessary, then they would have without question. But no, they chose easy street because easy.
    • Like x 2
  11. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Haha I’v heard acros movement powers + bow can actually outperform some powers PFTT rotations. I don’t know how legit that is since I don’t have anything but SS characters but it would be interesting to test.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Probably could, but messing with flight abilities I don't think bow/smokebomb will fit anywhere there. You're better off just using weapon buff and bow since you can't clip powers with it. Would be a waste of time and not net proper damage. Flight powers are better with normal weapon combos. i tried it with HB fist slam to get a proper melee rotation but couldn't get anything over 16k on three targets (I had no troll though and had to rely on clipping colas so of course that screwed it, with troll weapon buff I might have been able to push around 16,500). Melee combos don't hit hard enough. I swapped to range and clipped solar flare instead but was at point blank range so low/high pressure would properly hit and it averaged around 14k, which was only slightly lower then melee, and in a raid scenario would probably net more damage cause you don't need to worry about falling down to blocks.

Rotation was fist slam, clip low pressure with anoint, fist slam clipped with high pressure, fist slam clipped with whirlwind attack (let whirlwind ride out for at least 3 ticks to net the most damage), repeat till anoint is off cooldown.

On single target I got 8k average with HB uppercut, with a troll buff would be maybe 9k, around there, which is only slightly lower then my single target celestial rotation which averages 10-11k at max range.

Rotation for that was almost the same above except swap fist slam with upper cut and swap whirlwind attack with swoop attack.

The parses for melee are garbage when you look into other variables such as the fact you need to be up close and personal with enemies so you're going to deal with counters, more interrupts, survival, and re positioning which all screws with your damage, while my celestial PFtT rotation can hit almost 18k on AoE from midrange. It's unjust and the reason people don't want to use weapons.

Of course there's other varibales to consider in the above tests such as power costs and cooldowns, flight powers are all 200 costs with 3 second cooldowns while I had two 300 powers in my cele rotation and one of them has a 12 second cooldown. That doesn't really change the fact though, that high pressure is point blank range and low pressure is midrange, which should automatically put them higher up on the damage scale then the max range combos I was using in my cele rotation.

Overall, I think they need to buff all melee combos while nerfing bow, then I feel weapons would be in a much better place.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lodestone Active Player

Mwah you didnt nerve me, i just dont agree to naming pftt players facerollers standing back in the room like how am i gonna painblast that Boss from back in the room makes no sense.
    You naming al these 'complex' things you go through well i dont see them as complex, just what every (experienced) player should do regardless what power or movement they play.
    Yes i play for fun and i have otherwise i wasnt still playing DC since 2012 and in dps i want to get the most out of it but the playstyle or rotation must feel good for me.
    After the revamp i tested for weeks and longer even up to now to figure out how to optimize my loadout and increase my damage output and it was hell, i felt my lower alts doing more damage then my main whatever i did. Thats why 'we' asked to look at mental.
    Im always looking for the best loadout/rotation that fits me and give me the most damage, not specifically DO the most damage. Thats why i didnt use invisibility during AM where you had to keep pushing buttons to keep your resonance up even you werent fighting atm or the 'exploit' invisibility with weapon mastery were you basicly burn your practice dummy or any npc down in one hit. Because i didnt like playing that combo, animation, playstyle.
    Guess what, i did hit top most of the time anyway probably because of my playstyle, you know like timing,reactions, positioning etc.;)
    Im doing fine now still not perfect as i felt before but i hold my ground to other powers/players and have no power issues whatsoever.
    And to answer your last sentence, no by far i dont feel i chose the easy street.
  14. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Although i wouldnt know how to fix the gap between the AM days and the days now where content is more difficult to get feats that arent as easy to achieve as they were. But that is soley on the devs. Players didnt find exploits to get through content and feats faster. That was all on the devs. They made the content easy with AMs. How are us players suppose to not run right through Paradox Wave because of the way our powers worked? They werent exploits.
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, Paradox Wave is a great example. And when I said exploits, I was talking about the slew of people who hop on the gorilla/beachball bandwagon, clownbox, etc. actual exploits. Many of my feats I got during the AM days (including paradox wave) so I'm not judging people who didn't use exploits or glitches, I mean, what are you going to do, right? My comments were partly meant to be humorous and partly refering to new people (trying to get the Paradox Wave feat now on alts is a pretty big joke compared to what it was like during AM days, though it;s probably a lot easier than doing it at tier at least, lol.)
  16. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I understand. And dont get me wrong, nothing i said was directed directly at you.

Although, i went into Paradox Wave the other day with my 90 cr alt, and had about three 212 CR players, and we got the speed feat, and the Epic Odyssey feat. It was easy for me. (I died at the very beginning, so i just sat there and enjoyed the loot) lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Oh come on... don't you like watching DPSes go down because they have a low base health? Don't you like being the healer desperately trying to keep their squishy butts alive so they might have a small chance of getting a few hits off that will take down the boss? Oh wait... did all this happen in tier 4 content while your CR marks you as being tier 8 ("end game")?

Yeah... I thought so. ;)

At some point, you have to spend points in stats other than might & power (or precision, if you went weapon mastery) if you expect to survive end-game content. A dead DPS does no damage.
    • Like x 1
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This would make a great rallying cry for this year, actually. Sounds cool.

Last year's was #perception.

This year's can be #deaddpsdoesnodamage.

Of course, some people would think it says, de add ps does nod a mage, and be like, "what?"
    • Like x 1
  19. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I wish I could take credit for it. I think Mepps said it a couple of months ago... or something VERY similar.
    • Like x 1
  20. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

A guy I work with has been with the Company for almost 30 years working his butt off. The rest of us that have been there for for only 10-15 years all now make the same wage as him. Doesn't seem fair but that's life.