How broken is Rage and Electricity

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Estabanbuenojr, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Can't speak for mental but 3 out of 4 of those power sets had consistent feedback in test with its power usage being insane in one role at least; Celestial and Nature healing as well as clip heavy Light DPS. It's like those testers sorta knew the outcome of the issues that was plagued to those powers from the start :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

There's more people going splash than people going fweem.

I'm disappoint.
    • Like x 1
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I just looked at that a different way. The people more likely to switch peers are those closer to end game. So there higher CR, the higher the disparity becomes. Of course your sample size also reduces, since fewer people replay spam. There are currently about 150 characters at or above cr 225. Here's the breakdown for that.

Powerset |Characters |Percent
    Atomic | 7 |4.70 %
    Celestial | 8 |5.37 %
    Earth |11 |7.38 %
    Electricity |44 |29.53 %
    Fire |1 |0.67 %
    Gadgets |12 |8.05 %
    Ice |10 |6.71 %
    Light |6 |4.03 %
    Mental |3 |2.01 %
    Munitions |9 |6.04 %
    Nature | 3 |2.01 %
    Quantum |11 |7.38 %
    Rage |13 |8.72 %
    Sorcery |8 |5.37 %
    Water | 3 |2.01 %

This is full elite gear, and most if not all OP items, I believe. These are the people that are switching powers to maximize dps right away. Most others either sick it out, or try to make something work until they can get a Respec token, because not everyone has money sitting around to switch powers when something changes in game.

This list is quite a bit more telling.

Edit. Sorry for the table, it's hard to get it to show up right from my phone.
    • Like x 5
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

With a sample size of only 150 though, you can't really use that as a gauge. I'd go 223+ cr at least, or full vendor gear. I know players that aren't maxed out that still switch for top damage.

222 cr and above:

Powerset Characters Percent
    Atomic: 139 / 4.58 %
    Celestial: 116 / 3.82 %
    Earth: 254 / 8.37 %
    Electricity 580 / 19.12 %
    Fire: 188 / 6.20 %
    Gadgets: 207 / 6.82 %
    Ice: 268 / 8.84 %
    Light: 122 / 4.02 %
    Mental: 112 / 3.69 %
    Nature: 110 / 3.63 %
    Quantum: / 186 6.13 %
    Rage: 215 / 7.09 %
    Sorcery: 136 / 4.48 %
    Water: 173 / 5.70 %
    Munitions: 227 / 7.48 %
  5. Emoney Dedicated Player

Good job.
    And what I notice right away, one lonely fire guy.
    Im telling ya without iconics its crap, just like mental and sorcery.
    Your numbers I think represent more of the DPS chasers than the previous table of 215+. I agree also the 215+ table showcases more roleminded people, not just DPS. I would love to see numbers of players using only powerset abilities vs those that mix in or use all iconics.
    • Like x 1
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

That gets up to 661 characters total, 22.84% elec.
    But my point still stands, the players that switch powers for to damage are more likely to also spend replays and gear up quickly. So trying to gage power distribution changes based off of data that includes more than the relatively small portion of the player base that actively changes powers for top dps will lead to skewed results. I think most people won't switch powers as long as they can still finish content. They may be upset if their power is under performing, and complain if it is excessively noticable. As seen in threads like this, several people are more likely to seek a change for their power than to change to a different one.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Doesn't take into consideration though, the players with either no mods in their gear or low sp will swap to look for a handout. I know plenty. Yeah the top cr's have quite a bit of chasers but I bet there's more then 150 of them in the areas just a few less cr then that.
  8. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Don't forget Quantum good sir. It wastes alot of power with mediocre damage. Singularity, Gravity Bomb, Tachyon Blast and Distortion Wave need buffs. I would recommend making singularity a burst 300 power cost power increasing it's cc range. Same with Gravity Bomb. It needs to be a 300 power cost but it needs increased range. Both powers have slow speed while activated as well so targets usually hop out of it's range before it hits. Maybe increase it's traveling speed as well. Now troll role I would hope to not be a dollar tree battery that can't get decent CC. Seems like the CC for certain troll powers are stronger than others. HL, Mental and Gadgets have better CC than quantum. Troll role period actually needs a look over.
  9. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

Most powers are good in the right hands. Rage only OP in low content, decent and in line with other powers in elite. Electric is only op on ad dominated high content. It’s really OP in zoo elite. Everywhere else it isn’t op at all. All powers are situational and some are easier to be good with than others. Elextricty and rage along with earth are really easy powers to dps with considering they are simple powers. Elc spam dots, rage spam combos/bezerk, earth spam jackhammer. Anyone can do it easily that’s why everyone THINKS these powers are above the others by lots. All powers aren’t too bad off except sorc... people should test more instead of begging for nerfs and buffs.
    • Like x 5
  10. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Sorcery and quantum are near each other in damage. I tested it on test server multiple times. Quantum is slightly more powerful though but they both need buffs bad.
  11. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I agree, there are more than just the tip top of players that change powers. But anywhere besides the top it's harder to gage what's going on. At the top, you know players are going to do everything they can to maximize damage out, and if that means changing powers many will. Below the top, as you said, someone may change powers to keep up if they have low sp/no mods, someone else may switch away from the best power because it's too boring. Again, it's harder to draw conclusions from a sample that includes people with different motivations. But at the top, they all have the same motivations, more or less, so seeing what they have "determined" is the strongest power is worth noting. And at the end of the day that's what we're after isn't it, either finding out that all powers are balanced or that there are outliers that need to be adjusted. Granted, even if all powers did roughly the same damage, there may be some powers more used than others because they are either easier or more fun to play.
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

please bare in mind that the people here on the threads crying are a super small subset of the game community and that most of the issues seem to be community ones over actual ones. perception is subjective if all you hear are people spewing so in so is too strong then a large part of the community switch to that power you will see more players performing well with it simply because there are more players using it.

all im saying is if there are changes ie nerfs please dont do it over community crying but due to actual math proving that the said power are actually over-performing.. too many changes to this game have come from the forum community that ruin the game for the rest of it.
    • Like x 4
  13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Just because I'm one of the 4%'rs that still plays Mental; it does not mean that I am happy with it's performance.
    I just like Mental; and hope you fix it after so many months.
    • Like x 3
  14. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Drathmor there is something that one powerset has that the other 14 don't, that's powers that don't split damage at all and that powerset doesn't just have 1 it has 2 and their cooldowns are 3 and 6 seconds respectively. [IMG]
    Those were just me messing around last month when I was elec during the zoo dlc, thats at 19k might where now you can have 23-24k base might not including the artifact buffs so those numbers would be even higher. There is no powerset ever that is more effective against multiple npc's as electric is. And if there is anything we know about DCUO is that they equate difficulty in raids with more and mods adds, so the entirety of ZOO, the hallways in pano/no esc are just ripe for elec dps where they just simply hit a button, elec is essentially a AM power you simply hit 1-2-3-4-5 and repeat anyone can play elec and sit in the back and range.

Moja mentioned they don't separate boss and npc damage on the scoreboard but thats a mote point heat vision is the best single target power in the game and its an iconic you can easily incorporate that into a elec boss rotation and it becomes above average especially on boss fights that have npc's spawn during the fights etc.

just saying we are crying about rage and elec just shows that you need to understand more about the topic at hand, it's easier to bring elec and rage in line with the other powers than it is to buff 13 other powers.
    • Like x 6
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Something I’d like to add here is tone down heat vision, I feel that throws things out of wack a bit. For example elec is good on adds but pretty bad on single target but then you use heat vision with elec and heat vision is so good it now makes elec good on single target and great on the adds. If heat vision wasn’t so good then other powers that are good on single target would shine in those situations and catch up to elec and a few other powers.

Since powers vary in what they are good at/how the work you need to have some give and take (good on adds not on single/good on bosses not so good with adds) but with heat vision being so good there’s none of that with powers that do well on aoe cause they can just use heat vision and then do well in every situation making them have nearly no weak points and then over shadowing the powers that are better designed for single target burn in a area they should not.

Heat vision is so good just about everyone is using it no matter what power they are for single target and to me that sets off a red flag and while it does help some lesser powers it throws off the balance for some other powers making already good powers better. Basically what I’m saying is nerf heat vision lol. Heat vision is a crutch for some powers and to good to be used with others. Tone down heat vision and make the appropriate changes to the powers that actually have to use it to compensate for terrible abilities in that power set.

Straighten the heat vision issue out then see where things are without it and make adjustments accordingly.
    • Like x 1
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Ice is the most popular tank class and rage is the least popular. Most of the rage players are dps, because rage tanks are rare. Add thst up and it prove what players saying is right. Most of the dps endgame are Earth/elec/rage
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

I dont understand why not all abilities play after same rule of damage splitting... [/quote]

keep in mind the risk one has here with this ability ... unless ur near max cr u hardly can use it in any elite content, if u reduce dmg potential u should increase its range.

Does this mean we will see a scoreboard revamp in the near future?
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Unfortunately, The Iconics are where Mental shines. Without Iconics it would be in the toilet. So don't weaken the Iconics; fix the other Powers.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tarif Committed Player

For starters, rather than nerf some, and buff others, Id love to see powers that are under performing, be brought up to Rage, Electric, Earth, and Gadgets level right now.

We always end up with a nightmare of horrid catastrophe when they nerf some powers while bringing the others up. How about, we leave the ones in place that people are happy with right now, and we work on the problems and bring those powers up to par?

Our stats and abilities have taken too much of a beating already. We want balance, BUT we actually want to feel like we are playing in a super hero game again about growth and personal development as characters. Nerfs and more clamping is not the way to go to achieve that feeling.

That seems to have been taken from us since the our stats matter very little at all revamp, and has many like myself wondering why I have earned and grinded skill points in game, purchased replay badges and market place items for gear and continuous feats over the years, and paid for membership as a customer.

Where the hell is my growth I earned and the progression I paid for for years? More importantly, why would I continue to financially support something that has taken that grwoth and progression I earned and paid for already?

Moja, Please balance our powers, our roles, and actually make our stats matter as the revamp intended. I paid for the growth of my character, not to feel like Im running in ever present Stat-Clamped content.

We dont need Nerfs to anything. We need to start with the powers being on an equal playing field and those that are under performing being brought up to fair levels. Then we need to focus on better BALANCING our Roles in game and how our SPs are AND ARENT RIGHT NOW related. Period.
    • Like x 3
  20. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

As an avid tester for all powersets...using same gear...same mods...optimal loadouts, There is an unbalance. Granted good players can exceed expectations or stereotypes of damage potential...but certain powers are easier than others. Skilled and knowledgeable players are the minority. So there is a shift all the time for easiest to play and highest damage potential. If we had the same standards of base damage where powers are truly balanced with our skill points accounting for us. This wouldn't even be a discussion. There are bad dps's, alot of them. Most of those are just inexperienced with their respective powersets. We are all on the same ride, just some of us are further along than others. I main and excel with fire versus the majority of fire toons, and I dont have to use heat vision to do well. I have posted on fixes for it, seeing issues with it, I just want a fix, nothing more, as do other people with their powers of choice. My optimal loadout on 3 targets parses around 18 to 20k per 10\sec passes at 28% to 35% crits. That's with 22.1k might. It's not electrics numbers but respectable. If my damage didnt split like electrics, those numbers would jump. But I am stuck with a slow casting very interuptable powerset that misses targets at times and has horrible DOTs I am not asking for anything nerfed or buffed. Just a fix. Even the playing field. Make powers balanced and our stats matter.
    • Like x 3