Artifacts not being P2W Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

It sounds great so far, but it remains to be seen how the actual progress is going to be in higher breakthrough milestones tho.
    I'm cautiously optimistic right now.
  2. OhSicks Well-Known Player

Yes, I agree. Will the higher milestones achieve the same difficulty as the OP collections? Will you have to complete the highest level Elite Raid to reach max, and then have it be a RNG with low probability to get that catalyst?
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

If you have LOTs of Alts like some people I won't name.... you will not need replays to farm for that stuff. ;) ;)
  4. Proxystar #Perception

My position in relation to this feature is reserved until I test it, however I support any feature or system that might enhance gameplay and encourage people to run older content.

it has potential to be positive for sure.
    • Like x 3
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

We at least made it past the "it's going to cost money to use" phase, just need to see if added systems won't abuse our wallets in the future.
    • Like x 2
  6. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

How many alts is too many though? Having to cycle through alts if you only play one or 2 toons? If some items are account bound wont the efforts be fruitless as well?
  7. Isif Committed Player

Time will only tell.
    • Like x 2
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It is never too many. Never. ;) ;)

Even if the items are account bound... that will not stop you from farming the Vault for Nth Metal with ALL your Alts. :confused:

And what of Catalysts?? The Catalysts are loot locked.
    But you will be able to farm for Catalysts with all your characters.

So you could log in with character 01.... play the Vault...... do all the missions where you can get Catalysts.
    Then log in character 02.... play the Vault...... do all the missions where you can get Catalysts.
    Then log in character 03.... play the Vault...... do all the missions where you can get Catalysts.
    Repeat with as many Alts as you have. ;) ;)

Or you could use Replays as was mentioned if you only have ONE character.

YOU decide. ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Meh, im OP without the artifacts anyway. I am an artifact myself actually...
    • Like x 1
  10. Tekwash Level 30

tbh the whole being able to sell catalysts on broker gives me a slight boner...mmm easy money for style feats

then again I wouldn't care if it was p2w as I have no problems dumping some cash on it

but getting people in old raids makes me most happy, now I can gear up my alts faster XD

more time capsules plz devs...im running out of reasons to buy stabilizers now that I finished off gotham styles XD

2k quarks to go for resplendence cache...need about 50 more capsules
    • Like x 1
  11. TestReporter Loyal Player

[IMG]
    I hope they focus a little more on the artifacts improviment than in time capsules, it seems a lot more promising for the game's health.
    • Like x 1
  12. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Actually, in the other thread, Moja confirmed that Catalysts are a 100% drop.

Now, you may only get 1 for the final boss and may need 100 to cap your Artifact ... but at least there's no RNG involved. :)
    • Like x 1
  13. Isif Committed Player

Devil is in the details...or lack thereof. Sorry but don't really trust it.
  14. Surtur Well-Known Player

LOL,

[IMG]
  15. Surtur Well-Known Player

You better grab a flame shield...LOL
    [IMG]
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

What details are you missing? As far as I'm aware everything about them has been explained, except where you get Seals from (but it's possible that was explained somewhere and I missed it).
    • Like x 1
  17. Tekwash Level 30

lolol, I played with dudes who have literally spent 10 -15 grand just to be top of server in other mmos

the 400 or so stablizers I bought are miniscule in comparison
    • Like x 1
  18. Isif Committed Player

We'll go with it. Maybe just instinctual.

..still don't trust it.
  19. SuperBell Loyal Player

There you go. I don't think they did explain where you get Seals from. But in the stream at 18:35, "Seals are optional items that improve the upgrading process. For example, the Seal of Preservation prevents Catalysts from being consumed when failing a Breakthrough." Notice it doesn't guarantee a Breakthrough, just that you keep the Catalysts and get to try again. That's definitely going to be on the MP.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on this new system. I'm going to keep playing like normal.
    • Like x 3
  20. Isif Committed Player

On paper, the idea is pretty significant and (deep down) I may even think it sounds good. One fateful "After Hours" taught me the way of the dark side, so I tend to read between the lines even if there isn't a hitch. Nothing against "you" or "them". I like the game and don't want to see them turn it into microtransaction hell.
    • Like x 1