Artifacts not being P2W Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Oct 20, 2017.

1. FoolsFire Devoted Player

One thing I didn't see an explanation for: When they max leveled and were ready to use the catalyst...another box appeared below the catalyst with what looked like a stone tablet. What is this for?

Also, as for the rarity color someone mentioned...could this just be an indicator of what level of content is needed to find that type of catalyst? Purple could just mean T1 - T4 content. This would be a lot better than rarity.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mary Bliss Committed Player

I was never a big fan of text based window clicking as a substitute for gameplay. It's not 1983 and we are not playing D $ D pen and paper.

Numbers on a page doesn't mean anything... or do anything.
    If it's not something you can do, not a manual ability with animations, it doesn't exist..

Replay old content for +7% to precision... under certain circumstances, lol nah.

I am not even sure why they revmoved marks from old content, I assume to make you buy DLCs but so I can't decide if they want me to play old content or not?
    • Like x 3
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Each tier will have its own marks again. Probably not this year but they have plans for it. They adjusted the monthly content vendors in the update which may be early works in unifying the loot system.
  4. kraptastic Well-Known Player

Artifacts are an excuse to keep you busy doing old content and not noticing the lack of new content. Just my 2 cents.
    • Like x 2
  5. MastaMind Dedicated Player

To the OP. It sounds like it would still be like everything else in the game. If someone wants to pay for an advantage all they have to do is buy the usual resets or just buy vault tickets. That is what it sounded like anyway.
    • Like x 1
  6. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

Getting the Nth is going to be the easy part. No-one will need to replay the Vault for that.
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I wouldn't really call it an excuse for anything. I, personally, like the fact that each catalyst is exclusive to specific instances. More people doing old content means more of the lower players should, in theory, be able to get that stuff done more often. More low players doing older content = more players eventually getting to endgame than if they had a hard time getting into the content.
    • Like x 4
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yeah, I went through and upgraded a couple of Artifacts to Rank 100. The breakthrough success chances were:
    Rank 20 - 100%
    Rank 40 - 95%
    Rank 60 - 90%
    Rank 80 - 80%
    Rank 100 - 60%

For me the only one of those I would worry that it might fail at would be Rank 100, so I don't think I'd use a Seal for anything other than Rank 100. You do get one Seal from Constantine when you finish the mission to get your first Artifact. After that, as far as I'm aware, we don't yet know if we will be able to earn Seals in game or if we'll have to buy them from the MP.
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ok I’m happy with those odds could have been WAY worse.
  10. DCUO Addict Committed Player

That box is for Seals. You get a Seal of Protection from Constantine in the tutorial. We don't currently know how we'll get more Seals or what other Seals might be introduced.
  11. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Increase in value of membership because you get Nth metal from vault runs, check
    • Like x 3
  12. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I do have another question or two.

What kind of drop rate are we seeing for Catalysts in the actual content? One or more per boss? Or per instance?

And how many of each are needed for the highest tiers of advancement?
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Drop rates are 100%, but they don't drop off every raid boss. I only ran the Shadowlands duo and Batcave: Brainiac Sub-Construct. In Shadowlands I got the catalyst off the boss (there's only one since it's a T4 duo) and in BC3 I only got a catalyst off the final boss.
    I can't remember off-hand exactly how many are needed, but I think for Rank 100 I needed 3 of the purple ones (which would come from a raid) alongside a larger number of the lower "tier" ones, but the lower ones come from daily content like duos and alerts, so you can earn those faster than the ones that come from raids.

Sidenote: Do not put yourself through the torture of soloing BC3. I spent a quarter of my time in there hard stunned just waiting for it to wear off. :p
    • Like x 1
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Thank you!

A lot of people have used Neverwinter as a comparison, and I was worried there would be a HUGE grind for those last Catalysts (100 of each for Level 100, for instance). Thanks for assuaging my fears. :)
    • Like x 2
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Now that I think about it...does this mean people will be shouting for Elite Artifact Runs?

Meaning: You don't have the right Artifact, you're not running.
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

i like how they explicitly explained that alts will be a help, collecting stuff and trade it account bound, to help your characters...
    about the monetizing: i asked in the artefacts thread "will xp boosters (MP) work with nth metal?" and they said something "no".
    they could have made it that way (similar to how renown boosters work) if they wanted, and they appearantly desided against.
    wich is great actually! gives me hope that not everything allways has to be bound on more micro transactions, or be an appetizer.

i am baffled, surprised and can't believe yet. it all just sounds to good to be true... do we realy get this without additional costs?
    • Like x 1
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

Looks like the chances are reasonable. Though I am excited for the first threads complaining about not getting to rank 100 after the second attempt :D
  18. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

Hopefully the company will find a way to capitalize on artifacts to compensate developer resources that was surly needed in other areas of the game.