Artifacts not being P2W Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Didn't see the stream yet but I'm hoping that it's as good as yall are making it to be.
    • Like x 1
  2. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Nth Metal drops freely and is account-bound.

Catalysts are loot-locked but are tradable.

-Edited for clarity.
    • Like x 2
  3. Zpred Dedicated Player

I'm sure they said the nth material you can farm from any enemy regardless the content and regardless the loot lock, but I'm sure they said the catalysts will share a loot lock system
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Just for the record, I wasn't referring to you or your post in particular. You've presented a fair viewpoint about the potential issues in the very near future, but you did it without vitriol, hyperbole, accusations or insults. The people I referred to are the ones that will trash it immediately before even touching it on test, and will start a rant rave about everything "wrong" with this game and all of that, while tossing personal insults at anyone who disagrees with them (giving them cute nicknames or making spurious claims of thread derailment).

As for the monetization concerns you mention, maybe (hopefully) it leans more towards what Mr.Migraine said. If there's a decently fair chance to earn everything through gameplay (as a system like this should be), i'll be ok with it. If you're right, and it becomes a marketplace thing that easily trivializes your in-game chances, the reactions will naturally be VERY bad. This is definitely a tread lightly moment in the game right now...let's see how it turn out.
    • Like x 5
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The Catalysts are lootlocked like all other loot. Since those are needed to Break on through to the other side, there's a couple of avenues to monetize them.
    • Like x 1
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I was talking about the Nth mats as it will take more of those then anything to get higher up in ranks

I dnt recall what was said on the catalysts tbh :p

But I'd imagine those would be like any other catalyst in-game atm, you buy them from a vendor
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yea but who will be breaking through that quick anyways?

and I agree there will prob be packs / bundles on MP 10 for $10 ($9 if legendary) and so on, or something to that effect.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Quite possibly. I say let's put the pitchforks down on the table in the meanwhile. Let's see how this starts out.
    • Like x 3
  9. Atomis Maximus Level 30

The catalysts are loot locked. Nth metals aren't
    • Like x 1
  10. Zpred Dedicated Player

I believe, if I remember correctly you will get sent to a mission in a raid/alert/duo (based on your artifacts tier level) to obtain the catalysts which will share a loot lock, so I'm guessing if people wanna do it quick then they will need to spam replays, however they will be tradeable.
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Not impressed but I'm definitely relieved. Guess I might be returning to the game. Can't wait to see how Earth-3 turns out.
    • Like x 1
  12. inferno Loyal Player

At a 100% breakthrough, there won't be a chance of failure but I suppose some players may gamble and try to break through at 80%. That will be up to them.
  13. inferno Loyal Player

As to percentage of breaking through, I believe how it works is that if 5 Catalysts are required if you put in only 1 and try to break through it will show only a %20 chance of success. If you put in 4 out of 5, it gives you an 80% chance success. Put in 5 out 5 and it's guaranteed 100%. The RNG aspect depends on the player's desire to farm for these Catalysts.
    • Like x 1
  14. inferno Loyal Player

It's actually on the video. Right beside the number of Catalysts required. As he was putting in the Catalyst, the percentage of success was going up, up until he got to 100% breakthrough.
    • Like x 1
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

oh Im not getting pitch forks lol, not til it goes live and I get to try it myself ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Oh for sure man, I hear you on the usual suspects(though at least one is on ignore presently cuz I just can't take him anymore).

I'm really hoping its more like you and Migraine are suggesting.

I don't even mind if there are marketplace catalysts or what have you, as long as its those marketplace catalysts don't become the only decent way to achieve a breakthrough.

My main concern here is the idea that rare catalyst drop rates(I'm talking about the purple ones we saw on the livestream) is so abysmal that people won't want to use those when there's a good chance to fail, especially if they can be purchased.

And again, this all ends up coming down to personal choice, unless the bonuses recieved make these items a necessity to get grouped or complete content.

If this becomes a system of progression that becomes necessary, then the more its attached to monetization, the less palatable it will be for people even like me, with a viewpoint that most of the stuff we pay for is a choice that won't really effect our progress within game detrimentally.

that's where my glass half empty view sits at the moment.

I genuinely hope I'm wrong and its more like what you and migraine described.
    • Like x 2
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

There's a distinction between monetisation and P2W.

Take seasonal currency as an example, I have about 1200 Spooky Bites across 8 toons at present. I gain them by running the seasonal. Someone else will have theirs through taking shortcuts and visiting the marketplace. I'm fine with that, as long as I can still obtain what I need through gameplay.
    • Like x 4
  18. recoil Committed Player

well that's a relief. wonder if we'll ever get armor like that? that'd be neat.
  19. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Is too early to say that this new system isn´t going to have a P2W component, like Mohican said above, the failure rate and the possible items in the marketplace to increase the success for breakthrough is the thing to keep an eye to.
  20. OhSicks Well-Known Player

Most likely there will be a MP method of increasing the speed at which you level your artifacts, that's to be expected. But I doubt there will be something in the MP that cannot be gained by just playing the game. Asimov's Gimmicks Three. We'll see how many souls are lost and how many decide to earn the Artifact levels through hard work and determination ;-) Either way, I'm sure we will have people snubbing those that haven't maxed their artifacts out in the first week or two. The Artifacts sounds like a good move, and I like the idea.
    • Like x 1