Underperforming powers - Let's talk

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rubsarb, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I stated very clearly in my first post that I ran with the same few people all old school hard core DPS with on par skill lvl run content were they used different powers multiple times with most of the different powers and all were very close to the same out put every single time.

secondly, i haven't really "argued" with anyone just stated that almost all the powers are about as balanced as they have ever been

third I still don't think nature is really out of whack I do believe after all night of try things that there is something that's is off with it but it not alot the main ability that it has over others is just the ease at which you can get all your dots on large groups very very quickly giving it a adventage any were there are large groups of adds and especially true with bosses with high health that summons adds

any dot power, those are their dream circumstances they will always over perform most other powers thats way they cries for nerfs through out the game have always come when there is content like all of it is now..

the longer the adds live the more damage dot powers can put off and even hallway adds last a min right now as soon as the adds die quicker with better geared other DPS the less damage the dot powers will do.. its why it will always be hard to ballance dots
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you do know that there is no such thing as true balance in a game like this right? with all mechanics will always have an advantage in specific circumstances. all they can do is bring it as close in line as they can and let us at it. and with as much parsing as you have done even you have to admit that most of them are all in close to the same range with a few exceptions.
  3. MC900FTSPODE New Player

Thanks. I have done a fair bit of pvp, but I'll try to get back to it. My biggest problem is that I probably have about 45 - 60 minutes a day to run content. So, I also tend to put pvp last on my list. Before stats I could keep up pretty well. Now I'm just treading water. At any rate, I have been trying to get my skill points up to my CR. Thanks again.
  4. FlreMint Active Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

FireMint flies away
    • Like x 2
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

Didn't see any problems with Roar but if there is so let's fix.
  6. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I mis quoted you, that's why I edited my post. Carry on

• Like x 1
  7. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Well, if you only have an hour, don't run it five times. Unless you really like PVP.

And I might wait and see if they lower the shields in pvp a little bit. Little time intensive right now. So.. yeah.
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

9. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

there are a few things wrong with nature
    roar allows nature to do great on adds and nature is suppose to be a boss burner-roar is broken has been reported and is awaiting a fix
    wolf melee is out of wack hitting far to hard even after buffs expire- been reported awaiting fix

if you run a raid without using either of the broken parts of nature in content it does the same as alot of other powers
    • Like x 2
  10. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

How is rage doing?
  11. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Hey it's better not to argue you are going to be told you are wrong and should learn how to play the game.
  12. Tarif Committed Player

So many of us feel the same way. They need to balance Our Roles quick, and they sure as all hell need to make our stats actually matter if they want long time supporters of this game to continue on as their customers.
  13. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

lol all that shows is a random run and someone who was abusing the heck out of roar and prob playing with people who weren't that great if they got beat like that. Theres no context whatever of players stats, did everyone have full supers when they came in, were some on buff colas and some not, orbitals, supply drops, players skill level, did everyone get to the adds at the same time??? Theres way to many variables to just toss a random run scoreboard up and say this is OP. I can go pug a run with just about any power and be top dps by a mile but that don't mean that power is OP especially with no context or a controlled run/group thats geared toward testing things.

We did some controlled testing with no, buffs, orbitals, supply drops or any stuff like that just power vs power and got much different results. Theres many things that skew random runs i can beat someone just cause i used my supply drops and orbitals at more opportune times then they did so when we test in raid we take out all the variables we can.

First pic is JFA and of course the nature guy won cause that raid more caters to nature. He beat me by about 500k
    [IMG]

Second run In US I beat him by about 400k. It also comes down to situations like ive been saying. Some powers are better in some raids then others. And these 2 screen shots show a perfect example of that.
    [IMG]

Like i said these tests had no buffs or anything we just used power vs power. We both also had vey similar stats, he had about 150 might on me. In both raids the nature guy (King Edd) used the same super charge setup that was shown in the parser vid that everyone keeps making a big deal of and you can see it no where near plays out in game as well as it looks on the parser cause of its actual usability. Also we didn't use roar cause its broke as heck and we were trying to simulate where nature would stack up after roar gets changed.
    • Like x 4
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Roar is the reason people keep crying natures op, but most players are just so lost and don't understand how things work and they point fingers at all kind of other things that are fine but not the one thing that is actually the issue.

I also find it funny that people keep comparing other powers to nature when we know that roar is clearly out of line. Compare your power to one with a broken ability that should get you taken seriously and your power a few buffs lol:p
    • Like x 3
  15. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

Because you are having periods of 0dps. I would say the best way to test this would be fb then gust until fb is off cooldown. So say you are using fb for 10 seconds out of the 30 seconds parser, the other 20 seconds should be equal dps. So if fb gust spam out dpses gust spam you know it's because it does higher dps in that 10 second window.
    • Like x 1
  16. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

i can name off a few powers that can parse over 20k dps when using their supercharge atomic,celestial,electric,rage, earth, hardlight etc..

but your next thing youll say will be oh but nature can keep parsing 20ks even after the time limit of a normal super hey show me adds in a raid that stay at 35% for that long without dying show me someone who is fast enough with the gorilla to keep up with the other dps when running through the hall ways between adds because we all know that gorilla is the slowest thing in the game so the only place this will benefit them is inside a boss fight that spawns adds theres only so many fights in the game

but ads die inside of raids so nature is only going to be parsing 20k's as long as any other power i just mentioned is going to be parsing 20ks. why? because ads die in raids

the parses crappy just posted in that run which you can see my name in, the nature guy(king edd) used his gorilla form crappy was elec they had the same damage difference given different settings one run jfa one run usr . when not abusing roar cheese nature becomes equal to the other powers.
    • Like x 1
  17. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

What powers were the other dps?
  18. FlreMint Active Player

lol that was indeed a random run, do you really need any more explanations? Tarzan express the conclussion just fine...

Look closely, there are 5 DPS in there, the one at the top is a nature gorilla (our friend Tarzan helps us figure that out), he is also clearly 'un-balanced'. Now, what is balance? see the next 3 DPS? see the difference in their damage? Unless they are some professional dancers and rehearsed their moves so that their damage gap will minimize... Id say they were all pushing their powers and rotations, trinkets, everything, they were competing, and what a fun competition it seems, any of them could have finished... 2nd...

As for the last DPS, the 5th guy, he is an important reference, you see, he just switched powers, the damage gap between him and the 2nd DPS, I would say it is an acceptable damage gap due to experience. Now, the damage gap between this guy and the guy at the top? how would you describe it?

FireMint out

Edit: your 'controlled' tests do NOT reflect reality.
    • Like x 1
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The only people that matter were me and edd because others had different stats then us and were ppl who main as other roles not as dps.
    • Like x 1
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

My tests compare power to power leaving as many variables out as we can and also comparing with almost identical stats. All yours show is a random run with someone using roar cheese.

And just to add to that no matter what the nature guy was doing you should never get beat that bad. There was either a serious stat gap or the other players just plain stunk.
    • Like x 1