Underperforming powers - Let's talk

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rubsarb, Aug 14, 2017.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Wow lol I guess people still don't truly understand how things work. Reguardless what this parses it's pretty situational and it's not like you bust this out everywhere and do that, it's a long setup and takes 100% super to do and despite how good it looks you can still beat someone using this in a raid. I just did some tests on this subject and my buddy that was Nature beat me in Jfa by 500k but I beat him in US by 400k.

So like I said just cause it looks one way on the parser doesn't mean it's going to play out like that in content. And I'm not defending it cause I like nature I'm defending it cause it's not as good as some make it out to be and if nature gets a nerf in the wrong areas cause some don't understand how things work I'm gonna be pretty upset.
    • Like x 5
  2. Apolloin Well-Known Player

disagree or agree I'm just letting you know that the you can cast two gusts while you have casted one. I never said it didn't hit hard. It crits really hard but the whind up is really long. Artic gust can critical between 4700-5000 range and gets multiple hits. You might want to test it again
    • Like x 1
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Agreed. And honestly im sick of hearing this is the best update ever. Its not. After 3 revamps in 4 years and things still are messed up i dont think people are looking objectively at all of it. Im gonna mention quantum again because in the last 2 days i spent 7 and a half hours parsing with countless loadouts/rotations. And im seeing some very weird stuff.

For example a 200 cost ability hitting for less then a 100 cost ability. Both abilities do the same amount of hits and both had 0% crit. With this new trade off system of ability cost vs the dmg the ability does then this^ should never happen. The only way i could even come closing to parsing the #s i get on my nature toon is to use time bomb and 3 300 cost abilities. That is 4 300 cost abilities in your loadout. We all know this isnt sustainable. Even with 2 trolls. OP this isnt aimed u at when i say this, but im sick of the excuses. Sick of hearing things were overlooked or there wasnt enough time. Almost a year was spent on this revamp. Nothing should be getting overlooked and the excuse about time should never be said when a year was spent on it.

And the big changes happen in the last 2 weeks before it goes live. Lets be real here. Why would such big changes happen so close to it going live? Im gonna be blunt, anyone who says the powersets are close imo has not even come close to testing all of them. All i see is "i saw this random person do good dmg with this powerset in this instance" and somehow that means something. But there is never any proof. Its always people should just believe my word and thats it :confused: Its gotten old.

And this some powers play better as hybrid or weapons expert is nothing more then an excuse for imbalance. Remember "all 3 play styles will be balanced"? It was said multiple times. That means 1 powerset shouldnt perform much better as weapons expert then pftt. If its said this or that power plays better this way then that is proof of imbalance. This silly dps balance cycle looks like its gonna continue. Round and round we go. Never seems to end.
    • Like x 3
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

By all means please go parse quantum/mental vs nature and show me how those 2 powersets are close.
    • Like x 3
  5. Apolloin Well-Known Player

So I just tested both powers. For the first experiment I used frost blast and frost blast alone on a 30 second parse. It averaged 2641 dps per second. On the second test I used only arctic gust on a 30 second parse. It averaged 4300 dps persons. So tell me again where frost blast does more dps than gust
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This makes me laugh. In a lot of content, the total damage out is like 2 million for one player and 1 million for another. You're thinking, "oh well, 1 million, not much difference." Try 100% difference, literally. Just because the numbers have gone down doesn't change the fact that there's often a gap of 50%-100% between dps in alerts, raids, etc.

Oh, you're right though, in a raid where everyone is electricity or nature, the numbers are pretty close.
    • Like x 2
  7. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

yes because we all know parses are the end all be all of how things do in content
    • Like x 3
  8. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

You can't test things like that cause of the time it takes FB to cool down vs AG's ability to constantly be used. The way you did it of course AG will do better but thats not the correct way to go about it.

You would have better results using FB then filling the gap while it was on cooldown with AG. FB is a fantastic power if used correctly in a pftt loadout.
    • Like x 2
  9. Apolloin Well-Known Player

I've used both in rotations and I've used several different loadout with each. I am seeing better results with gust
  10. Apolloin Well-Known Player

So if you fill in the gaps off its cast time then you are comparing 2 powers to the use of one crappy. So then I would have to use that same power when testing with gust. You have to use the same conditions when conducting a test. It's called the scientific method. You cant create favorable conditions for one test and not do the same for the other. Sorry I disagree with your testing approach
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

And at the same time you cant test FB vs AG like you did.
    • Like x 1
  12. Apolloin Well-Known Player

13. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Because?
  14. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Havent read all pages so bear with me if this was covered.

My main and day one toon is HL. I'm no innovator but have spent some time playing around with different powers and even iconics. Cant seem to crack 8k DPS on 3 test dummies. League mates are much more extensively playing with other powersets especially Nature and getting 11K and up. Hey, now Nature and Electric DPS have needed love for a long time and am no begrudbeatging them their turn with FOTM. Now here's what really chapped my posterior couple days ago...

To start, my HL is currently 205CR, 296 SP, latest OP helmet, waist, back, starro face and UB and ring and the AF3 OP ring. Yes, a 173 or vendor ring is very slightly better stats and IL. My OP items all have SF Might mods. Generator is stacked will all SF mods, all 12 slots. My few purple gear pieces have the 7E mods from the revamp grant. My might is 17,678. Point is, I'm gered and modded up.

Couple days ago, I lost a real will to continue on. I'm playing mostly out of habit and boredom atm. Ran alerts with a 197 Earth. He beat me 1.9 to 1.7 million. Pretty close you say? Whatcha ya griping about??? That Earth toon had NOT ONE color mod. Tacticals only. Gear was a mix of blue, green and purple. Had vendor ring and feet. That's it........

WTF have I spent hours and hours playing daily, had Legendary for nearly 3 years, resetting raids, hussling on the broker to buy and sell, bought more TC's than I can to admit, farmed alerts for collections, salvaged gear for materials, swapped toons to trade off bytes, tested HL during mid range balancing, read forum posts and guides to learn more about my powerset, so I could get beaten by what could be a premium guy that has apparently put no effort into their toon to put a single Beta mod into??

Where and how do my Stats Matter?

Balance..... HA!!!

You know what I did wrong in all this. I didn't buy a respec token, chasing FOTM powers. I have put my heart, soul and to no small degree my wallet into this game. Today, about what a month into Revamp, I actually saw my melee move do near as much damage as attack from the way back. It's probably just an apparition and random proc.

Same old same old on DCUO. Going back to my dailies and whatever League needs help with before I log off in aggravation.
    • Like x 4
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

ok I just ran a lot of content as DPS, I am normally healing on Sticky but I have to say its strong something isnt quite right im betting its impaling thorns in gorrilla thats putting it over the top.

dots powers are always strong against a boss with high health that summons adds simply because of how fast you can spread them. and thats when it really pulls ahead plus higher health and defence from adds always helps dot powers
  16. Rubsarb Level 30

This is exactly the point I was trying to make. I do agree as a whole that the revamp made stats matter more; however, powerset balance across all powersets need to be revisited. It is abundantly clear that certain powers are underperforming compared to others.

There is no reason that certain powers using melee abilities should be doing less than others ranged. If anything, ranged moves should have some sort of damage drop off if that's the case.
    • Like x 3
  17. Xibo Loyal Player

The only one thing that Nature needs it's only adjusted the SC forms to give the damage buff last 15 seconds. Only this. But if the devs adjust or nerf another things will be a serious mistake.
  18. Rubsarb Level 30

I don't think any powers should be nerfed unless the damage or effect was not intended. Example, if the SC form grants the player a permanent buff, that isn't working as intended. Same with damage splitting. If a power should split after "x" amount of targets and it doesn't, it's broken and needs to be fixed.

Also, I'm not advocating for nerfs to powersets at all. I'm talking about fixing powers that are broken, as well as buffing other powers to be in range with others. After this stats revamp, I didn't expect there to be "op powers" anymore, but sadly, there still is.
    • Like x 4
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So you think roar is fine??
  20. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player