Underperforming powers - Let's talk

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rubsarb, Aug 14, 2017.

1. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Not all powers can compete go play sorcery and then tell me what you think
    • Like x 1
  2. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Yes sorcery plays better the less you use the power itself because the power itself is severely lacking, compared to most other powers at max sorc capabilities it's barely at benchmark for equal damage and what you have to use has a fair amount of risk to it
    • Like x 1
  3. Mighty Committed Player

If you have 300+ sp then yes it's an advantage. The playstyles were roughly balanced around that.
    1. Don't see how risk/reward is different.
    2. Powers scaling at range is an AM thing. That's gone. Thankfully.
    3. It's easy to max might with your SP, but that's also a disadvantage because if you're pftt, once you cap on might at like 240, you're done increasing your DPS-relevant stats. For the weapons/hybrid player, each skillpoint past 240 goes to increasing the secondary dps stat. There's no walk there.
    4. As a HL/Celestial player I really don't have a ton of sympathy for someone losing a few thousand total damage on their super because of stat splitting.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mighty Committed Player

This is not true.
    • Like x 1
  5. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea exactly, on my 188 i jumped in a raid with a random loadout i made up after just logging in and did fine.
    • Like x 2
  6. The_fair_1 Committed Player

How so? The moves powers that you use deal damage at the bottom over all other powers and the powers that you need to use to deal those have the possibility to miss.
    • Like x 1
  7. mexmex Dedicated Player

I heve tried several mental pfft rotations, I have invested a ggod amount of time doing so for mental, and I cant come close to my rotations on my earth, atomic, rage, electic or nature toons with way lower skill points or might for that matter, has anyone come with a good rotation? I saw a few you tube vids for mental And I have been able to come accros to some way better rotations than those presented in there, so it is mental in the bottom 2? i am not saying i cant complete the job, but its just dissapointing to finish in the bottom damage wise everytime on aa even field with those powerset, even if they are significantly lower in SP or might and power, I tested against a reliable people.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mighty Committed Player

Sorcery parses near the average at all ranges. The projectiles missing does suck, but many sorcery players act like the moves miss way more than is actually the case. It also ignores the fact that there are many powers with key abilities that have some risk/reward to them and call for a dps to pick his or her spot and pay attention when using said ability.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mighty Committed Player

Not even bottom two. Mental is the worst dps across the board, regardless of playstyle. You may see some sorcery guys trying to co-opt that by being like "yo mental AND sorcery are weak, blah, blah, blah." Lol they don't even compare. Sorcery is right about average at all ranges. Mental is more than a full standard deviation below the mean, all ranges. It's the only power that bears this distinction.
    • Like x 4
  10. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Don't know what sorcery your playing but it's definitely not the one on live rn. And the projectiles do miss a lot, fury can block them a tank can block them a rage melee DPS can block them. If you have a rage melee DPS and a tank in the face of any of them you have to be meleeing to ensure that you hit. So our risk/reward is technically the same as Rage cause we can't stand midrange or else we lose a lot of damage. You also do realize that the projectiles all split in different ways specific to the power used so you need more room than when at midrange cause they're not a beam but are rather spread out which means atleast 1of soul storms will most likely be gone and 2 of soul barrage are gone which cancels damage. How sorcery is setup it's definitely not average
    • Like x 2
  11. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Yes, Sorcery does work better as WE, but not because it's supposed to work that way. It works better because several of their powers are bugged and you can't get competitive and consistent damage with PftT.
  12. appocolyps Committed Player

To answer in short, if your power is underperforming pftt, i can guarantee if you spec fully prec and play WM there are a handfull of weapons that keep up with earth nature rage etc, im fire having zero issues with my prec build!
    • Like x 1
  13. appocolyps Committed Player

This +1000000
    • Like x 2
  14. krytine Loyal Player

I am not convinced about your powers not balanced and as in risk reward i believe it should only be a small percentage increase. Like maybe 10% better over range or you will have every dps on top of you. And with the weapons number it feels like a small increase would be in order.
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

2 things, the risk/reward for most powers and weapons is gone. Neither weapon focused nor PftT benefit from either. Melee combo powers do, but that's about it. Our current meta of spamming 100 powers safely from the back compared to a weapons expert, regardless of the weapon or WM combo, get no bonus for their risk reward. Add to that the lower of immunities in everything. Sorcery and the powers missing, you comment slot on them, but have you tried them post revamp? Melee range they have the highest chance of missing, ranged is lower, but still happens. This limits powers than can be used. On top of limited powers, the balancing of weapons is a joke. Weapon mastery combos and the damage they do make no sense. They have made P ffT viable from distance, why not weapons focused? While all weapons seem balanced from ranged, the balance is just the weak damage they do. These are just combos. The masteries are even worse. There are only a few melee weapons, with short combos, that do good damage. The risk reward is not balanced. The powers are not balanced. Please stop with the parse crap. Dummies are not live moving targets and don't register how often powers miss or take into account positioning, being knocked out of rotations, etc.

I've moved on from caring because of other feed back like this. I've moved on to powers that aren't broken, well maybe they are, since people and the devs seem fine with leaving things as is.
  16. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Why is it selfish to want to survive the encounter? Look, I know each role has a job... but healers cannot heal one-shots... and with this incessant need to do raids in a 5x1 configuration, it makes it much harder on the support role players. When I go down as a tank the rest of the team can suffer because aggro is suddenly transferred to either the healer, troll, or DPS who's done the most damage in the most recent cycle. I'm also not totally against this crowding problem... if I, as a tank, have an innate ability to break out of the box I'm in... whether it means I can just block and roll out without interference or I have some kind of ability that says, "push everything the frak away from me so I can get out of this fatal situation, everyone else be damned."
  17. Xibo Loyal Player

Nature doing 22k on 3 targets

18. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Don't bring that back up, that thread became a shitstorm real quick.

19. CQG New Player

Like what... I'm parsing an average of 11K with Gadgets on the 3 targets (CR 199/SP 173) . How can you even compete with that?
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

Obviously, the SC form aren't working properly on Nature (still give the damage buff on animal form) and for this reason is taking a lot of damage.