Test Discussion Water Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silikyan Well-Known Player

How much weaker is the priority heal on water? Did not know about this, it might be a deal breaker
  2. Elusian Crowd Control

If Solace was your last power used before you used Riptide than everything went correct. The power only resets the last used power not all powers.
    • Like x 2
  3. Elusian Crowd Control

• Like x 1
  4. silikyan Well-Known Player

thk, yeah it might be a deal breaker to me idk yet
  5. Elusian Crowd Control

Riptide Bug:

If you clip a passive power after Riptide use too fast, Riptide will reset that power instead of the previous used power:

Used example is Solace of the Sea used first then Riptide followed by Tempest Guard. Riptide is resetting Tempest Guard instead of Solace of the Sea.

GIF at normal recording speed:

[IMG]

Youtube Upload (50% speed):
    • Like x 3
  6. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

So after testing the healing side of water i really want to echo the request of make Tsunami Strikes work as a healer move, similar to powers like overcharge or Transmutation.

I was messing around trying to "Battle Heal" with Water and i think that Tsunami Strikes could be the key to make Battle Heal happen with Water, the rotation would work around the High Tide + Tsunami Strikes Synergy. It doesnt need have to have an incredible healing base value, but at least give out some heals while trying to lower the cooldown of HT.
    • Like x 3
  7. EpicGrind Active Player

Are you suggesting like a Shard of Life type heal where it heals anything around the target you're attacking? If so thats a nice idea and it would add some nice variation to healing, as long as the damage isn't too much for being in heal role I'm fine with it.
  8. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Yea, something among those lines, deal splash heals near to the target while helping to lower the cooldown of HT.
    It would add another way to play the powerset in healer role IMO.
    • Like x 1
  9. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I don't think adding the ability to reduce High Tides cooldown in Healer Role is a good idea, feels like if they do that they would be reluctant to buff any of the interactions it has with the healing abilities and if they do it would basically force someone to add that to their loadout to benefit from High Tide. If it's anything like Sorcery's Battle Abilities I would never touch it, those abilities are the weakest things in the game.
  10. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

It would add another layer and way to play the role. Some of us like to Battle Heal and others like you want to run in circles and save lives ;)

I mean what is the issue with having more options to play in healer stance?
    • Like x 1
  11. Flipeled Level 30

I love this idea and I'm all for it, would be a really cool and different way to play the role.
    While I was playing with Water, the healing side of it felt it was missing something, and this might be a nice "fix".
    I think half of the healing potential of Celestial's Cursed Benediction would be a nice value to start.
    • Like x 2
  12. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I'm all for more options, power set needs more but reducing the cooldown of High Tide in healer role I'm not that keen about until a dev says that they'll buff those interactions because as they are right now are not worth putting a 30s cooldown ability on my loadout and if my only way to lower that cooldown is to use a crappy battle heal then it limits a loadout even more.

I just don't want another Sorcery situation
    • Like x 2
  13. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I see now, but i think that both things can change (Buff the power interactions + Giving Tsunami Strikes a healing effect on healer role).
    I mean is not like we are going to have HT free in no time, you will need at least 2 whole sets of TS to reset the cooldown timer.
  14. EpicGrind Active Player

I don[t see anything missing from the healing, The numbers could be tweaked a little but beyond that nothing is wrong or missing. But maybe your something differently.
  15. EpicGrind Active Player

Yeah, I was looking at the benefits of High Tide in heal roles and I didn't see much. About the only thing that I saw that it really improved and had a good benefit to is Mending Wave or Soothing Mist...but thats only because they have a low cooldown and it buffs the already present burst heal aspect. Sure it gives a HoT to Blessing of the Sea, but looking at the healing numbers I was seeing, I didn't see much.
    • Like x 1
  16. The3meraldKnight Active Player

A little feedback on Healer role I'd like to see happen:
    1. Tsunami Strikes should give mini burst heals while using combos (similar to Soul Bolt in Sorcery), have its power cost set to 100 and damage accordingly (just for healer role if need be), and make the 4 second cooldown strikes go to 1-2 seconds. (I would want HT to be viable in healer role but not a constant necessity).
    2. Next, I would like to see Aqualance be like Sorcery's Shard of life. Only when in HT though, so when you are in healer role, a hit on the enemies will give a small heal, and if you are in HT, allow it to give a small heal and a HoT. This would make for another option for battle healers so they can either choose Aqualance for BH or Blessing of the Depths for regular heals and keep BotD stronger than Aqualance so it will still be a better option for straight healing, especially if you have to solo heal.
    • Like x 1
  17. EpicGrind Active Player

Not too keen on the Aqualance thing. But as I said earlier it would be a interesting option to make Tsunami Strikes a heal around the targets that are hit. But the power cost should stay where it is.
    • Like x 3
  18. The3meraldKnight Active Player

It was just an idea I had last night trying to come up with another idea for battle healers since there are no moves that do damage without some kind of beneficial heal.
    We all only came up with the same idea with Tsunami Strikes to do damage and cool down HT. I was kind of trying to stay away from HT because (as I read earlier and through some testing) I believe that HT isn't the most important thing to use through gameplay. I think it is intended to be an enhancement when things get into some tight spots and your team needs a bit more of a boost.
    I wanted to put that out there to see what others would think of that. It also doesn't mean that if we talk about it, it is going to be a definite addition to the powerset.
  19. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Is it intended for both riptide and hightide to generate supercharge when activated? Not sure if other beneficial effects like weapon buffs do but it seems odd.
    • Like x 1
  20. KING ZEUS New Player

Well i just had a run in the test server with the water power as a dps and gotta say that the power is mostly a single target dps. I used hightide, drown, tsunami strikes, aqualance, riptide and call of the deep SC. Although tsunami strikes is the power of more prominent attacking I found it to be a single target as in the hades duo I was doing dmg but couldn't hit all the enemies at once bcz of it. I found no bugs as of now. Hopefully ill try a different loadout and get the multiple dmg . But good job on the animations , although the power is almost like celestial and not zip zapping like electric.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.