Test Discussion Water Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I think the damage output for Tsunami Strikes maybe a bit higher than intended. Just using Tsunami Strikes and clipping the last combo part with Tsunami Strikes gives me an easy 5 digit parse. That is without using any other powers.

I can't think of any other ranged ability in any other powerset that gives the same damage output.
    • Like x 1
  2. inferno Loyal Player

I see your trying out Tsunami Strikes repeatedly. Yeah, Spamming that power is pretty good. I tried, High Tide with Riptide into that Trident attack and do a couple of Tsunami Strikes until the Trident cooled off and did another High Tide Trident and it almost matched the Tsunami Strikes spam fest. Lol.
  3. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Is it possible for Solace of the Sea to be useable as a damage role? I also thought it would do damage while in healer role too? Similar to circle of destruction/protection.

Also if possible just a suggestion but should the heals in the center radius of solace of the sea be stronger heals while the outer circle be weaker heals? Just a suggestion because i seen people saying that's the best AOE Healing circle or R.I.P. Sorcery. The animation is beautiful though, but it be cooler if heals in the center were the strongest heals 4 it.
    • Like x 8
  4. TestReporter Loyal Player

Did someone find a use for hydratation? It seems to be pretty useless, because it does a little less damage than the 100% sc and is single target only.
    Also, please, make solace of the sea a dps power too, and just like aqua said, the heals in the center should be stronger, or it'll pretty much make sorcery circle of protection looks dumb.
    So far, water healer is pretty cool and well designed, need to test more in raids etc, but the dps side is kinda of a mess, and will need to be worked more, there are just a few loadout options atm, since tsunami strikes deal more damage than any other power.
    • Like x 2
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Maybe they misspoke. I watched it again on the stream and paused it when they were going through abilities and the description had it as a 50% too. But i swear i heard em say 100% also. Maybe we can get some clarification on it soon.
  6. The3meraldKnight Active Player

So far, water powers look great as well as the new animations feeling pretty great. (Keep in mind I haven't done much testing yet)
    1. I feel like in healer role if you want to get some damage in, you have to use weapons because if you are only using healing powers to maximize your healing capabilities, you are going to run out of power quickly. I used (in a solo instance) Soothing Mist, High Tide, Riptide, Tranquil Pool (SC), Blessing of the Depths, and Solace of the Sea.
    In heal role with my above loadout, I wasn't able to have a shield which would replace Riptide if it weren't for my main issue with the healing side: High Tide being consumed to one power and having to wait that full 30 sec interval before being able to use it again. If you want to cool down High Tide faster, you would have to use Tsunami Strikes which will eat your power, costing your team precious heals.
    What I'd like to see: Make High Tide not be consumed on heal powers, or lower the recharge time to maybe 10 secs in heal role.
    2. Damage role flows pretty smoothly. I like the ability to have a melee and ranged PI applicators. Damage from powers seems on par with the others, with the possible exception of Tsunami Strikes may be hitting a bit harder than it should, unless it's for the animation duration being a little slow.
    Tsunami Strikes feels a little slow and forces your character forward as well as possibly hitting a little too hard.
    What I'd like to see: Make TS a little faster on casting combos, damage a little less, and make it so your character stays in places during the combo or make it a mobile combo like Rage's Frenzy.
    There is no AoE DoT with the exception of Whirlpool. Also, Waterspouts being a single burst damage feels a little bit of a waste for that long animation time.
    What I'd like to see: Make Solace of the Deep into a damage role DoT like Circle of Protection/Destruction and be renamed into something like Vengence of the Deep. Maybe even make it so that when you are in High Tide, using SotD in Damage, it consumes HT to apply DoTs to enemies inside of the area.
    What I'd like to see: Make Waterspouts hit for 3-5 ticks or however many until the animation ends (like Tesla Ball).

Hopefully I get to do more testing if time allows tomorrow.
    • Like x 6
  7. Vindex Active Player

Just wanna commend and congratulate the Devs for a great job done on Water Power as was seen on the latest stream.

Just got one thing/question in mind after watching it:

How are we going to get those White Mods for Water Power upon its release on Live Server?

- Are you going to give us like a Mod Box containing those White Mods for Water Power as a free gift?

or

- Are you going to include those White Mods for Water Power on the next Time Capsule together with the release of Water Power on Live Server?

I prefer the first one :D
  8. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Can you guys made the visual effect of High Tide a little more bigger?
    And i think that the effect of High Tide wears off too fast IMHO.
    • Like x 3
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I feel like you probably want to change the description used in the Waterspouts ability.

"Summon a waterspout at the feet of each nearby opponent, dealing damage and knocking them up."

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Swiftduck Loyal Player

all this talk about water. Would be nice if the stupid launcher would update for a lot of people, so we can actually get on and test the darn power
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I agree that something seems off here. I'm not saying you necessarily have to reduce the damage, because it still seems comparatively low related to other powers, but I will say this: just spamming and clipping Tsunami Strikes appears to do more dps than any loadout i have been able to parse so far.

What I was using to compare was clipping Crashing Wave-High Tide, Shark Frenzy, Depth Charge c/ Riptide c/ Depth Charge and then using Tsunami Strikes until High Tide is off cd. That netted me less than just spamming Tsunami Strikes.

Edit: actually seems better to put Crashing Wave after SF since only Depth Charge benefits from crushing.
    Second Edit: Even better is CW/HT, Aqualance, DC/Rip/DC, TSx3/DC, TSx3/DC repeat
    This does slightly better than a straight TS spam, but not by much. Problem is, it doesn't leave any spaces open for any SC abilities, which I have a feeling are going to be pretty important to this powerset.
    • Like x 1
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

*juggling them upwards :p Maybe? Idk. Knocking them up kinda reminds me of the "push them to you." lol

Id like to echo what others have already said about tsunami strikes. About moving u forward. Please change this. Abilities or weapons that do this are irritating. The same thing always happens. You get too close to the boss and have to stop attacking and jump backwards and start again. It really doesnt make much sense. It is possible to throw something forward w/out taking 2 steps forward every time ya do it ya know. Really hope u guys reconsider and change this.
    • Like x 1
  13. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I SECOND THIS!! While youre at it, when you make this AOE for water DPS, have the electrified enemies take additional damage!
    :):):):)
    • Like x 5
  14. Surtur Well-Known Player

Awesome work on water & I love combos ( needs more combos )

This is what I have seen after about 15-20 minutes looking at waters animations

Aquatic Arsenal
    Visually
    It is missing something. Maybe it's the mace mesh bug.
    Right now it looks like a combination of the electric & ice sword animations from the MP.
    It could use more blue and little bit more splash ( water effects ).
    Combo powers:

1. The combos are using too much power
    2. Ebbs animation starts with the hands moving backwards. I think the animation would look better if the part where the hands move back is removed. It will make the animation look more like a pulling movement.

Wish list if it's not too late.
    It would be awesome to make ranged & melee work for each of these three powers. You can use the same animations and then players can click melee for melee combo or ranged for range combo for each one of the three powers. That would make six usable combo powers instead of three.

1. Aquatic Arsenal
    Tap melee x4 ......... melee combo
    Tap ranged x4 ........ ranged combo

2. Tsunami Strike
    Tap ranged x2 ....... ranged combo
    Tap melee x2 ......... melee combo

3. Ebb
    Tap ranged .............pulls first & pushes away
    Tap melee................pushes first & pulls in
    • Like x 1
  15. Surtur Well-Known Player

Clear your windows history. Temp files, cache, cookies etc....That usually works for me.
  16. Surtur Well-Known Player

Knocking them upo_Oo_Oo_O makes me think of other things. LOL
    • Like x 2
  17. Swiftduck Loyal Player

i'll give that a shot, thanks
  18. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I love the idea that this power has a group 8 person shield as opposed to the standard 4. However, in fairness, all healer powers should do the same. So please make all healer power shields 8 person XD.
    • Like x 5
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Hence Jim Carey terrified and puzzled at the same time. Nvm, lol. Enough derailing, back to work. Lol.
    • Like x 1
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It has a substantially higher cost though, so it might actually be kind of overkill for a lot of situations (well, not GOM, lol). Does anyone remember the formula for calculating shield strength to compare to other healer powersets? It would be good to know if they take as much or reduced damage compared to celestial for example, and the total healing potential too. Maybe they want Water to rely more on shielding than heals. Could be cool, weak burst, weak dot, strong shields.
    Edit: yeah, double checked, water has only 300-cost heals, so they're definitely designed to be less potent. Problem is that when you mix in riptide, you can pretty much get off 600 in heals in a few seconds. All in all, looks like healing in Water has a lot more variety of possible loadouts than other powersets.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.