No where was it announced op items were getting buffed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kosyne, Aug 10, 2017.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

This^ in hoping we hear an explanation on this. I had some OP collections i held onto. Im guessing they have increased in value. Time to make some moneeeeeeeeeyyyyyy :D
    • Like x 4
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

My TOTAL GUESS about the Starro Op Items is because they were introduced in between Episodes in an Event and are still being calculated appropriately. It was the first time OP Items were released outside of Normal Content so they are a bit special. I have no doubt Starro will be getting updated soon and ideally Updating all the OP Items at the same time would be better but for now, this quells some fires.

of course, stuffed missed from the Patch Notes is no bueno but hey, surprise :D
    • Like x 1
  3. piohh Well-Known Player

Ok here are some new values of the Buffs from the OP Items. I don't have the Neck from Brainiac's Bottleship, Hands from Deamon's Plan and the Ring from Kandor Central Tower.

JfA
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

AF3
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Phantom Zone
    [IMG]

Rip in Time
    [IMG]

Darksides War Factory
    [IMG]

Prison Break
    [IMG]

Blackest Night
    [IMG]

The Prime Battleground
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

Combat rating means nothing now.

So what if someone is higher in CR, we are now post revamp and players should be shouting their might and sp when looking for groups now.

The days of chasing CR is over.

Let it go lol.
    • Like x 1
  5. Emoney Dedicated Player

....also, they better buff the Starro OP items too.

I spent more effort on getting those (and way more ingame cash) simply because it was a limited time. It is those items that are already replaceable by vendor gear.
    • Like x 6
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Little tweaks like this happen all the time and always have as far as I can remember. A lot of games do this. This is why I clear my windows cache, cookies, temp files etc on a daily basis. It stops conflicting old & new files from causing bugs.
    • Like x 1
  7. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I'm fine with the buff to the stats, the buff to the item level I am slightly annoyed with though. I was purposely avoiding leveling passed 198, as it was not really needed before or especially after the revamp. With the buff to item levels, when the Starro gear gets theirs it will force me passed the relevancy window for AF3 content. Which gives me less reason to run that content..

It's not a huge deal, but it bothers me a bit. :(

But at least with the buff the items feel more worth the time and effort put into getting them. :D
  8. BumblingB I got better.

*sigh* I never got to use these for that long. :(

It's T8, why can't it be relevant to T8 content?!
    • Like x 1
  9. Emoney Dedicated Player

Honestly though B, getting those was complete luck on your part. They were just a drop, no extra effort on your part (unless you were one of those people that spent outrageous replays trying to get that drop.)
    Im more concerned that they update every piece we had to craft, or collect collections. On all the Starro and collection reward OP gear I have spent around 900 million..... only to see it get replaced by this newest vendor gear. 900 million (estimate) is quite the effort, they should be good for at least the next dlc.
    • Like x 2
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

11. BumblingB I got better.

That's not the problem, the problem lays with the inability to actually enjoy something that is supposed to be Omnipotent for very long. The CR Differential made it obsolete the moment the next set of hands came out with a higher IL eventhough it had higher stats than any of the vendor gear out prevamp. Now it is higher IL, but still lower than the same tier level gear. It's just wrong.
    I'm hoping that they would address this, because the mask alone was the same item level as the AF3 content. It should have been raised the same. Especially the allure of the mask, which is the socket on it.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I have no idea why they weren't buffed. Makes no sense to me.
  13. The Anxient Loyal Player

Was told via the official Twitter that they were already at their intended level which is complete garbage.
    • Like x 2
  14. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Why not buff the Starro OP??? to make use need to grind for them again next year???
    • Like x 1
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

Well I've crafted my last piece from it.
    • Like x 2
  17. Deathmike Devoted Player

But.. but.. I only have a Starro one..:(

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

An explanation I believe is in order or there will be ZERO reason to do the September event. I'm not grinding for crap that won't stay relevant more than a few months.
    • Like x 6
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

To clarify, the Starro OP items are set dynamically (they scale) and are more complicated/not possible to change in this manner. They also more closely reflect their intended level and longevity already.
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Longevity? :)
    • Like x 2