"Our primary focus atm is the revamp"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

If the OP title is true (quoted from dev responses to various questions in recent weeks) then I haven't seen that many hot fixes, or much communication from the devs regarding various issues.

Is there a GU coming up soon to aid with at least some of the general bugs in said thread that have yet to be fixed? Will there be any adjustments to powers on live, seeming as there are various issues that continue to be posted.

I just feel after such a big update there needs to be a considerable amount more communication between the devs and the DCUO community, and some actual hot fixes to go out aside from general fixes that could have happened pre-revamp. Additionally if it is taking more time to fix certain issues with revamp on live then tell us as well.

Additionally if some bugs have been fixed but not stated in a hotfix patch note state as well. For example some of the armoury issues seem to be better or resolved recently.
    • Like x 6
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I hope there is a GU incoming, but right now I don't see it as their primary focus.

It's August 7th, meaning it won't be too long before we see a Wave hit test server.
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

And this is exactly what my concern was. Revamp drops, there are issues despite what some will have ya believe and then all the focus is on water because it hits test. Here is to hoping water actually goes live somewhat balanced but i know i wont be testing it. I have also noticed the armory issue being better yet no hotfix and no notes, hmmm.

And to the OP i was saying for a week hotfixes and adjustments are coming. I too have barely seen the devs say anything regarding the revamp other then " we are reviewing." I was trying to give it a chance, the revamp, but at this point idc anymore and kinda find all of it comical if im being honest. Not going into the reasons why. Its also very interesting that 3 census sites are down. Hmm i wonder why that could be.

And because psn approval is needed my guess is its going to be quite a while before we see some hotfixes. Interesting tho how that gorilla thing was fixed after 2 days. If it takes a week or more for psn approval then how could that have happened? One can only wonder. Yea its only been 2 weeks. But with this big of a change to the game i would think some fixes would be happening quicker and some issues would be acknowledged.
    • Like x 11
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

I know a lot of people are calling for nerfs lately.

I just got to playing on my electricity alt, from being on my fire main or my HL alt.

All of them are above 250 sp.

There are huge differences. My HL guy seems to hit like a wet noodle except for chainsaw. My fire main, does alright, but no where near the numbers I see others posting. And all the best powers are 300 cost. In fact I think that is the biggest difference between fire and electricity, power costs. The electrify PI can be ran with all 100 and 200 powers. It had like 2 more 100 cost moves compared to fire.

And then theres my earth toon who dominates all my other toons, with less gear and less sp.

The devs have a lot of work to do, thats for sure.
  5. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Server hotfixes don't require PSN approval. Client hotfixes do. That is the answer to that question. I just wanted to clarify that point.

The silence about progress with the revamp bothers me, as well, so don't take the above to say I disagree with anything else you might have said. Maybe developers are on their summer vacations?
    • Like x 1
  6. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Last I heard before the revampy was that we were suppose to see a live stream of it but many of the devs and guys fell sick so they couldn't so I'm thinking they still are sick with colds but also it seems they are a small team working on stuff but I'm just guessing that's what it is.
  7. Ringz Dedicated Player

Agreed
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Now that the revamp is out of the way they are probably redirecting resources to promised locations. Like water, new content, etc. Style unlocking as well. Which I hope the gear aspect of it won't cost an arm and a leg.
    • Like x 1
  9. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

I definately hoped for better follow up/through than what we have gotten.

They should be methodical in follow ups.
    #1 They set the stats on player gear, they have to start there. Minimum CR player stats should dictate enemy offense.(ASAP)
    #2 Minimum CR offense gear wise should determiney defense/HP(ASAP)
    #3 Go through and tweak powers based of feedback. Animations, PI's, AoE, function in general (when time is available unless something is broken)
    #4 Adjust damage on various powers to make more options. Some powers will never be used. (very long term)

The devs not saying jack after Revamp is unacceptible. The can see the various sides on forum. What do they think about what is being said? Whose side do they align with and why? What is the plan to solve the problems
    • Like x 4
  10. ChillCat Loyal Player

The insistence that we'll see one or more significant GU's coming quickly makes a really big assumption that a GU is actually necessary. It's entirely possible that a significant chunk of the reported issues are either not reproducible or turned out to be exaggeration. Or it could be simply taking a long time sifting through anecdotal reports such as "Sorcery is broken" to find actual specifics since most players seem to be unwilling/unable to provide them at the time of the report.

Tl;Dr - too early to assume a GU is coming until Devs sift through a LOT of hysteria, rumor and noise.
    • Like x 5
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Water is most likely going to come in an update a long with with revamp changes. Let's not raise the pitchforks just yet.
    • Like x 1
  12. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Okay, I honestly get what you're saying or suggesting... but some of the feedback that has been given was addressed on test servers (only now "more" are concerned) because they existed on test... and their was no feedback given about them while they were on test nor since they hit live... you're telling me folks shouldn't think it's "unacceptable behavior" to not have any real feedback at all from the devs on subjects that they should know our legit?

There have been 73 posts from devs since the revamp hit. If you break it down into posts per day it's around 7 posts a day (I also took account for their weekends off otherwise it would be even less). I also didn't actually account for how many posts were just talking about the patch notes or starting the initial threads for healers, tanks, etc... which after such a major update... seems a little bit too low in my book.

I also get the stream didn't happen because everyone got sick, however energy should have been taken at some point to re focus and redo it when folks were well (unless heaven forbid their still sick right now, which I honestly hope they aren't... that would be reaaly bad) to at least help put minds at ease. I mean after all some of the folks involved seen how the community reacts as a whole to any change... transparency for such a huge update should be happening but it's not... actions like that do make some folks wonder.

But ya know other that... everything's SUPER GREAT!!!, right!!!

(okay I apologize the last part was uncalled for, I just have never used your catch phrase before, and now I have, I'm really sorry but at least I can say I used it once :p)
    • Like x 4
  13. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Fatal my pitchfork is nice and sharp and it wants to be used, okay... don't take this from me it will make me sad.

It's also not like I currently own Friday the 13th to use it in that game either (hmmm maybe that's what I should do)
    • Like x 2
  14. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

well said.
  15. ChillCat Loyal Player

Quantity of posts =/= quality of posts

I can name several individual who are personally responsible for multiple posts per day spewing inactionable phrases such as "I paid to feel super". More communication is better but give the Devs something to work with instead of "but muh scoreboard!!!"

PS - you get a 'like' for using SUPER GREAT!!!
    • Like x 2
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Ok, since you've decided to pick on sorcery. Why would they make three powers that have a chance at equaling ZERO damage? This made it by testers, haha, and there are other powers with similar issues. Mental terror trendals, I believe quantum has an issue with their numbers not registering or equaling any damage what so ever.

If you want a game full of nothing but earth, atomic, electric, and nature players fine. I'd like to see all powers get this thing our testers/devs promised for 9 months called balance.

Those who have the devs ear and feeding them the crap that nothing is wrong is BS. Where is the options for healers and trollers to run as battle roles? This revamp has almost killed what celestial players loved about their power.

But you keep liking the revamp.
    • Like x 6
  17. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

And let's not forget that an earth tank can pump out more damage than mental or sorcery dps. I can see the meta changing for hard content. 1 heal 1 troll 6 earth/atomic tank. **** go 8 atomic tanks and no need for other support roles period

• Like x 4
  18. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

*puts down pitchfork*

Ok fatal... ok...
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

That's all I'm doing. My alt is getting more playtime than my main. Although playing alts just makes sorcery look that much worse. Seeing his well some powers work and flow together.

I'll be using my free power change if no hot fixes by Thursday, or just wait and try water.
    • Like x 1
  20. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I was absolutely as anti-revamp as they come, but my addiction for the game kept in the "I will survive this" crowd. However, I was in the exact same boat as many others here. For the first few days it was hotfix, hotfix, hotfix, all of which are things that can be updated without us having to download anything. I kept checking and what do you know. The last hotfix was basically a whole bunch of nothing. How does "A lower level mission daily loot lock not showing" take priority over "We ****ed the stats on the hardest to obtain items in the game in an update codenamed stats matter"?

I feel like Daybreak is currently looking like this:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.