NOW AVAILABLE: The Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

1. FromOne New Player

Hi all. I've often tried reading these message boards, a lot more since the revamp, for information and guidance.

I've decided to do a post, my thoughts for what its worth; which might mean little to you ...yet I write...

A bit about me: I've been playing DCUO for almost two years. I have the maximum amount of characters, all powers. with each having at least three bases. I write this...post... using an account I created for, but rarely use for the com, to see how the game would play - I'm no good on the keyboard. My actual account is with the PS4 (Arew Lore_24of7). I divided 22 of my characters between the 6 mentors, with the heroes having more number of 'toons'. I would play each mentor's character a little each day. I enjoyed the variation between the powers and weapons; because of this I believe that my opinion warrants at least a read - perhaps my experience with DCUO and my many characters will be considered by you as a mistake of a then 'noob', perhaps not.

I think the revamp is a good thing, that the game is better in many ways, and will only get better. I also find it nearly impossible to play this game as I have been. It is now the norm to spent more time completing a mission - which is the intent, I know. The amount of time I am now spending on one character to complete a single mission I would spend on a few missions between several characters.

I realize that their are quite a few OG players, whom the game is undoubled better for, but for someone like me, I find that the revamp makes having numerous characters...foolish. I can see that the game is intended to be played at a higher level to get maximum benefit. Something that will take me a lot longer to achieve...something I'm now considering if is worth doing anymore, which is truly sad for me say/type. I have spent years and countless hours with characters that I created, personalize and actually liked. I have gladly spent money on respect tokes for names, weapons and abilities to craft a character that I wanted. After the revamp I often find it hard to complete missions and have been reduced to a one shot target to raid mission bosses.

I'm a legendary member, have been since day one. My membership is set to expire in November. Though I do not plan on leaving the game anytime soon I also do not plan on renewing my membership. I will play the game in its limited capacity for a while. I will play and note the differences, I'll let that experience determine if I continue on at all. I realize, through my reading of the various threads, that the game was not designed for someone like me, that I've been playing it all wrong and that I should have been reading how to play instead of actually playing. Please understand that I am truly thrilled about the revamp but find playing for hours in a group mission only to be one shot killed by an OP boss or the instance abandoned to frustrating and intolerable.

I don't know if their are any plans on further updates or corrections to the current game play, that is things are in the works to be corrected or not. As I type this, I am under the impression that how the game is now is how the game is intended to be; if the latter is true I do not plan on continuing at all.

Reply if you like or don't. I don't think their is really anything to more I'd like to say, other than if it wasn't apparent while reading, this is an obituary to some 17 to 19 truly cool DCUO characters. My characters. Ladies and gentlemen, boy and girls, hero and villain it was fun.
    • Like x 4
  2. JEK New Player

Just pugged War Crimes in a run that encapsulated everything I think is wrong with this Update. I was Earth tanking -- 197 CR, 193 SP, completely spec'd for tanking, with around 10.9k might, expired white mods -- with three DPS that I Wavedoxed, all at 200 CR, two with over 300 SP, and one nearly 300. I almost matched one of them, even though he had over 6,000 more might than my toon. They all looked like they knew what they were doing, and we got through with no problem, but that's just downright absurd. That takes away any incentive to grind for the vendor gear, the OP pieces, the SP, etc.

I completely recognize that a lot of effort went into the Revamp, but I *really* think that issue desperately needs to be addressed, or have it expressed in some way that it will be addressed.
    • Like x 3
  3. JEK New Player

I don't want to quit, that's why I'm complaining, to see if anything will be changed. I assume that's why most of the others here are, too. A lot the people I used to see regularly have already left before this, and nowadays it's even worse, but I would still like to continue playing. Especially for Water; I was really looking forward to that. But if it's not going to be fun to play, if there's no point to coming back regularly and doing content over and over again for gear and SP, then I don't feel there's an alternative.
    • Like x 6
  4. samlokanmin New Player

I totally agree with you, those who love this are just 5% of those who hate it, the likers are the BIG guys on this forum.
    • Like x 2
  5. Duzzit Active Player

it says 'New Player' there under my name...i just haven't posted much over the years on the forums, but have played ever since it went 'free to play' (2011?) and have been an on/off member ever since

the same will be true for many 'New Players'
    • Like x 4
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

True this - many "new players" have simply not posted in this forum much, even thought they have played the game for a long time. It could simply be that this is the first time that they've felt strongly enough about something to post here.

Something to remember before dismissing their opinions out of hand.
    • Like x 3
  7. Vanessa33335 Level 30

Well i play the game for around 2 years and i do not intend quiting now but like i said i ain't speding my cash for high cr anymore cause do not worth it. The changes are still fresh and most people are still 'relearning' about their powers because the changes pratically modified the whole game.

But something is clear for me just by reading the comments from people here and inside game..thet change did not pleased most players. Lets see how the things goes from now on and meanwhile i'll stay very far away from raids, i'm not a very old player but if you guys like to spend whole night running one or 2 raids be my guest lol.

Being able to use all powers is awesome now we can see more diversification.
    • Like x 4
  8. GADGET GUY New Player

This game has become sooooo TEDIOUS now! I have three accounts (1-PS4, 2-PC) 91 toons and have spent tons of money on this game because it was FUN!!

IT IS NOT FUN ANYMORE! Seriously considering cancelling all my accounts. What's the point of it now? I have no interest in playing content where failure is the norm.

What's fun about going on alerts or raids even with players almost twice as strong as you and watching everyone get knocked out over and over again? NOTHING!!

What's fun about spending the vast majority of your time "grinding" for skill points and mods instead of actually playing and succeeding at solos, duos, alerts, raids and new content? NOTHING!!

Many of the players of this game are not full time "gamers". Many don't have time to spend hours and hours a day "grinding" out their characters at a pathetic pace. This stat revamp has just made it impossible for the many casual player to actually enjoy playing this game. You've basically told all the casual players (like me, who have spent a ton of money on this game) GO PLAY ANOTHER GAME!

Seriously considering it!
    • Like x 6
  9. BurntMind Active Player

lovely, well said ma brutha. we still got op powers that doesnt need any sp to beat those who farmed lol. beautiful aint it?