GU73: The Stats Revamp - July 21, 2017

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light FX Steadfast Player

Is that going to be possible with the way things will be after the revamp goes live? From what ive seen using betas could have a significant affect on performance. For example if u troll/dps but have betas in as a troll and try to troll an end game raid im not sure thats gonna fly. Especially in the pug community. Guess we will find out.
    • Like x 1
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

A lot of Pressure to go Legendary. Membership Matters.
  3. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

My alts will eventually die off. Synth Mods were their life blood.
    • Like x 5
  4. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

OMG this is horrible! No one on these forums has asked for this in any way. Why would you do this to the player base when the point of stats revamp for us was something completely besides this. How can this tie into making stats matter more than they do now? I'm going to be very critical here because this to me is another way to increase grind for the sake of pushing people to spend more money in game than they are now. CR relevancy means no rewards for older content and it will force players to spend real money on unlocks to farm MoV. Synth mods were always used by casual players to save time, the trade off being that they were getting less of a stats boost as the hardcore players who create mods at every tier. Now there are mods being release at every episode and the amount of grind to make one mod is insanely more than a T8 mod ever was.

[/insert monkey paw picture here]
    • Like x 6
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

If you want People to sub, Give more benefits; make it more appealing.

There's been so many Awful Changes that have just outright made being a Premium Player bad; but this one has to be the worst of them All.

To Demonstrate:
    • I can't Repair my gear without needing to sell things.
    • I can't buy multiple pieces of gear at once without needing to sell things.
    • I can't buy Legends or Additional powersets anymore without paying extra because they aren't no longer included in a DLC.
    • And now I can't even mod anymore because Synthetics are gone and the stuff you need to make Proper Mods are above the 2,000 Premium cap.
    Are they trying to get rid of Premium players from the game or what? The Gaps are starting to seriously take their toll on my enjoyment and I'm not liking where it's headed.
    Hopefully Mepps or a dev can chime in on the modding thing, otherwise I just won't mod; and probably won't play the game because they enticed mods to help you with certain playstyles.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We felt synth mods were not in a good place, and kept ending up either good enough (and disincentivizing people from getting real mods) or not good enough (and frustrating to those looking to use them). Mods are important, R&D is important, and overall both will return much more in terms of benefit and reward now. In short, they are worth the effort to acquire them now, and this will require a change in expectations.

We will revisit the subject post-revamp.
    • Like x 3
  7. SilkyPawz Bunny

This will kill of Alts an the casual players an premium players with the 2k limit. The grind at higher teir is bad trying to mod 1 character let alone now this?
    • Like x 3
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Well how are Premiums going to mod if we can't afford the Materials required to do so? That's my biggest issue/concern with this. Literally some of the Materials are above the 2,000 cash cap.

Please look into this when yall revisit the subject.
    • Like x 2
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

Considering how long this has been going on I think its intentional.
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Calm down people there's still prefabs. Time to PvP. xD
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Well there goes all my alts :confused: Smh Guess im playing only 1 toon now since i have to craft mods/gen mods for both sides of my main toon and not to mention mods for pvp gear too. Devs u guys realize lots of people have alts and have real lives right? All the money i spent on sp and armories for alts? :mad::mad: :mad: Some days it feels like daybreak wants me to move on from this game.
    • Like x 4
  12. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

They are more than likely gone as well, and way more expensive than Special forces mods in terms of grind.
  13. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Lots of good choices have been made in taking in player feedback lately.

Use this opportunity to take in a little more and not only keep synth mods but expand their availability and make it happen by Wednesday's launch.
    • Like x 6
  14. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

Stop it! Lazy play shouldn't be made easy. Content coming every 3 months dude. I'm sick of the complaining. U can easily mod your toons. Broker and time capsules make it so easy to mod. To hell with synthetic mods, bytes are relatively cheap now. Cut it!

If you trying to manage 8 toons.... YOUR FAULT!
    • Like x 2
  15. SilkyPawz Bunny

Then why not have Special Forces & Olympian Mods at the Vendor for purchase for like 30 MOV. Why not change how we get essence 1 for green, 2 for blue, 3 for purple. Those R&D items should also be account bound.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Please calm down.
    • Like x 3
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

They could be gone true, but the ones that cost 500 aren't much of a grind.
  18. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

The most upsetting thing about these types of changes that increase grinds for characters is that I have spent a ton of money on secondary characters in this game. It now feels like wasted money on my part and really leaves me in a very bad disposition for having 6 active characters. After revamp I won't have time to run more than half of them and that really makes me angry feeling like I have wasted money on this game. It makes me less agreeable to anything else and even adamant about spending as little time & money on this game going forward. When a person is feeling like I do now, how can they in good conscience invite a friend to play this game?
    • Like x 11
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

You're sick of complaining? Im sick of hearing this silliness that makes no sense. Its out fault for having alts when the devs make content like the anniversary event where u NEEDED alts to finish all the rewards? Just stop. This game goes from hardcore to super casual and maybe back to hardcore. Doesnt seem like a decision can be made on what this game wants to be. But its the players fault? :rolleyes:

Syn mods went live jan 8th 2014 with gu33. So syn mods have been a problem for 3.5 years? Sorry but i dont see how that makes sense. And this revamp was announced as 1 thing and in many players opinions its turned into something completely different. I am not trying to overreact here either. I know w/out a doubt i wont have the time to mod/play all of my toons at end game. I feel like the money i dumped into those toons is now wasted. Not a great feeling. But i guess we shall see what happens when this goes live and the rest of the community gets ahold of everything.
    • Like x 14
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Congratulations on embodying everything wrong with the forums, I guess.
    • Like x 11
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.