Stats Revamp 1.7 - Light

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mighty Committed Player

1. I was acro, on the floor, originally I was at about mid-range (12ish meters), but then moved up to point blank because I thought maybe I just wasn't close enough. Test server can be laggy in spots though, not sure if that had anything to do with it. I'll try and reproduce it next time I'm on.
    2 and 3. Ahhhhhh ok. See I had been told (I don't want to name names but it rhymes with Snappy Feals) that things were splitting after three on test, and so I just wondered if those had been missed.

Also just thought of another point to bring up, as a full might mod, power mastery guy, my rifle grenade taps hit for about the same (we're talking +/- a hundred or fewer) damage as construct fan and impact. I know fan was hitting really hard earlier (apparently twice as hard as intended), but at 100 power shouldn't they be a little better than a rifle tap? By no means am I hating on rifle grenades, I love that they're solid again, just wondering if those constructs' damage/power could get another look in light of that.

Ok, back to work now, thanks again Spord.
  2. Maxwill Committed Player

In dps role we should not do crowd control, that's a job for the troller role, for the trollers.So remove crowd controll in dps role and increase the damage.I was playing the other day with entrap and I was encasing adds like a was a troller...Let's keep things clear and simple, dps do damage, trollers stun/crowd control.
    Also the fact that light doesnt have good dots like rage and other powersets, only thing that has is combos/burst , those should do abit more damage than other powersets to make up for the lack of damage because it's missing dots.Light will loose so much damage when it will come to blocking ,moving, activating stuff,reviving, etc .Compared to other powersets which will have dots running.
  3. Maxwill Committed Player

Oh the same goes for atomic .
    Btw when i say dot I mean a dot which is lasts for 12 seconds and can be applied from being full ranged.
  4. Maxwill Committed Player

Sure there are some other dots which last for 3 seconds or 5 or 6 , but those are almost useless because the damage they do is the damage I can do in 1 second with a burst aoe which increases the general Damage per second.

Combos should do more damage( or you can make them faster) than rage combos because rage has 4 dots which help alot with the damage ,especially when we have to block, lunge, activate stuff, carry, revive,(interact with stuff) etc, light doesn't have that ,nor atomic and that causes imbalance.

I've sent you a pm with the videos Spord where I prove that rage is doing more damage than light, atomic .
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

And so what happens when u run a duo or a solo as a dps and have 0 CC ability? Im gonna say im against the idea of no CC ability at all for dps.
  6. Maxwill Committed Player

In duos and solos adds die in 3 seconds... + it's more important to kill the enemy as fast as possible instead of delaying the fight, by stunning the enemy you just delay the fight and give him/them a chance to kill you when he's not controlled.Plus you can use supply,sidekick, colas for staying alive.Let the cc for the controllers.
  7. Mighty Committed Player

I'm wondering though, if the construct damage could be increased by removing CC on the construct end, but leaving CC on the tray power. Right now I'm sweating trying to do the same dps with hard light that I can do with other powers at a fraction of the power cost. I get the importance of having some CC in dps stance, but almost everything hard light does has CC, and maybe that's part of the problem.
    • Like x 3
  8. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

You switch to troll stance with the exact same loadout, lose 10% damage and cc things. It's not like you're scorecard chasing in a solo or duo where 10% damage is going to break you..
    • Like x 3
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree removing it on the construct end, leaving it on the initial tray power is fine. What i dont agree with is the post below yours thats saying switch to troll role. If you're playing HL sure u can do that. But not every powerset is a troll power. Its interesting how scoreboard chasing was brought up. Ofc no one should be doing that in a solo/duo. But i dont feel we should have to switch to support to CC stuff in a solo/duo. There should be some initial CC for some abilities when in dps stance. Ya know, like its been for the entire life span of the game ;)
    • Like x 2
  10. Realsaiyin Active Player

I think that is better.
    • Like x 1
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree but the reality is that will never happen. Honestly i wish they would release some content that discouraged chasing it. Like a boss with an aura that has a wide range and if ya get too close its an instant 1 shot. Maybe it would deter these ppl from standing with their hand in the boss's pocket :p Discussion for another thread, dont wanna derail this HL testing one.
  12. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

I'm all for more damage from constructs but without some kind of CC from DPS side the enemies would seemingly ignore your attacks, sure their life ticks away but your combos are all gunna be interrupted. For Hard Light this is a real problem. the poweset has been crippled because of the infinite combos, because you can attack from a distance continuously if you stay away with a decrease in damage, huge melee numbers but when can you safely get that close to do damage and survive causing it to be just okay for damage. Haven't been on test for a week but I'm hearing infinite combos are Gone????? If so did the attacks get a bump? And the okay damage comment is my experience with the power, I'm by no means a expert no need to attack lol.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I don't even understand why this guidelines exists. All solos and duos are piss poor easy, why does it matter if a dps can cc in them or not?? CC shouldn't even be in the equation and damage shouldn't be cut in neither dps or support role because the power has hybrid tendencies. That's ridiculous and further limits how people play as well as makes balancing a harder chore then necessary. Ditch that stupid rule and let powers do maximum damage regardless of CC and problem solved, for every power.
    • Like x 6
  14. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

Mostly I agree but for entry level content that is just introduced you are gunna come in under cr or level and build up to in being super easy but its a progression,with out the CC effects I would think that would make that alot harder considering that the revamp is geared to slow the speeding through content they will probably change this.we all know the drop rate for gear can be iffy at best so grinding. For Raids or alerts sure CC for trolls, aggro for tanks,healers heal, and dps damage. Kinda feeling like it may not be as simple as just taking the CC effects away, should be in theory though. With the balancing stage of the revamp I hope they take this into account.
  15. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

If you guys can't stray away from the cc and damage formula then remove the cc on most of the powers, or even better yet, disable the ability to perform cc in dps role and only enable it for controller roll while bumping up the damage while in dps role to compensate for the loss of cc. I mean honestly, as a dps you can only cc in duos and solos which isn't even that helpful since everything dies in 3 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  16. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

The majority of your damage as HL is from the tray given the combos have reduced power cost and you're always clipping. Buffing the lower portion of your damage isn't going to change the situation significantly. Controllers have crowd control as a means for survival. Removal of cc in dps stance for healers would idk, make them go healer role and heal?? Or tanks go tank stance to tank more damage?? People used to rank up in support roles for the benefits of that role and that was back when they had damage penalties, which are gone, along with the fact that damage modifers are gone outside of the 10% for dps stance. And since you want to talk about the history of the game, I've never heard developers nerfing powers based on cc and power cost. If that was the case, HL would've been straight garbage for its entire history relative to the other powers because it strings together nothing but cc moves as combos especially during AM era.

P.S. - Weapon crowd control works perfectly fine still.
    • Like x 1
  17. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Actually now they nerf\buff abilities based on cc, power cost, range and number of targets. Proof:
    Now you heard. Your welcome.
  18. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

History. As in before now. You're welcome.

P.S. - Currently, Inflicting pi also reduces damage. Cooldown affects damage. Supercharge generators affect damage. Animation time affects damage.
    • Like x 1
  19. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

The original statement used the phrase "nerfing powers based on cc and power cost". That counts as abilities. You responded with "nerf\buff abilities based on cc, power cost, range and number of targets" . I responded with "Currently, Inflicting pi also reduces damage." Also implies adding onto a previous list. There is no previous list of things referring to overall DPS, only one ability compared to another. And in terms of overall DPS, supercharge generators do affect overall DPS in that instance as well because they build supercharge faster. The speed in which you can use a supercharge is going to change the amount of damage you get from supercharges in a set time. This increase in supercharge generation was supposed to be offset by the consistent damage loss you would have in your loadout from it. Say I have a rotation that does 30k/s w/o a supercharge generator. If I include one, it may drop down to 27-28k/s. Me getting my supercharge faster may let me get an additional supercharge use compared to previously every 5-6 minutes maybe. Having an extra 200k+ from an extra supercharge usage is supposed to make up for the 2-3k damage dip I saw before I got my extra supercharge. Depending on how much the damage dip is and how much the supercharge does damage wise decides whether its an increase or decrease in general DPS. Supercharge generators affect your total DPS as well being another factor that can increase or decrease an ability's damage.

To quote Moja: "If you have time, we'd also like to also see some testing with Supercharges. In real gameplay situations (which is what we're trying to balance for, not just Target Dummy parses), most players will bring a Supercharge, so they won't be using 6-button rotations without a SC.

Obviously, for a SC loadout, you're going to need a longer parse to get meaningful numbers."
    • Like x 3
  20. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

Why does hard light have all 200 300 cost abilities and a damage nerf I thought it was give and take, either high damage and high power cost low damage spammable powers. It seems like the damage was nerfed and power cost went up this update chainsaw is best but really not viable. And really what is the point of a shield that last 7secs. How does this nerf even up powersets. I was fine with the power before this update. Hope the realize this mistake is just like they did ligh on live. Don't understand this move at all. So we have one power that is 100 power cost lol and it is chompers. Bad move Devs isn't one of you guys a latern player (Tlatern ?) Please rethink this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.