What needs to happen after revamp hits live

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, May 3, 2017.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I think that after the revamp hits live that a few things should happen and I'll list in order of immediate importance from my perspective.

1. We should get power respec tokens for free. 1 per account unless you're legendary, if you are then make it 2 or 3.

2. Update the marketplace. Many people think that the marketplace has lost its value and it has.

3. Update the 'perks.' By that I mean specifically mean update the vault and lockboxes.

4. At least ATTEMPT to resolve the bugs and glitches in PvP. I'm not concerned about a new PVP season at the moment (although it's long overdue) and fixing the combat and experience is a priority for PvP.

5. Go back to quarterly content.
    • Like x 3
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

1. There's already a thread for that: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/1-free-power-respec-token.286397/

I personally think members should get 1 per account and that's it.

2. I'd love to see that happen and so would many others, but I doubt it'll ever really happen. TCs are sadly the way forward now.

3. I'd rather have them use that development time and resources somewhere else.

4. PvP needs a lot of changes. It'll be a tough one to tackle and won't happen straight away afterwards. Water is next. I do hope we see PvP be tackled down the road though.

5. I don't think that'll be happening. They've moved back to big DLCs but want major events between them. It looks like we'll be getting 2 real DLCs a year now around June and November with major events between those releases.
    • Like x 1
  3. Vampirebit Well-Known Player

• New Powers
    • New Weapon
    • New Weapons Styles
    • New Legends Characters
    • Fix Open World Pvp
    • Like x 3
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Personally I think what needs to happen after the revamp hits live is for everyone to relax, take a deep breath and not go into "Chicken Little" mode over the changes. It's a vain hope, I know, but I can dream. :D

As for other stuff? I can understand folks wanting to help set priorities and make their voices heard, but that's not really my style.
    • Like x 3
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Is this so everyone can change to the new fotm power?

As sympathetic as I am towards the sentiment expressed here I'm not in support of this for that reason.

Stats revamp is supposed to bring balance the very fact you want a power respec token expresses exactly how afraid you are of your power ending up broken and your desire tojump to whichever one isn't.
    • Like x 14
  6. Here2Help Devoted Player

For some people, yes. Not for all people though. Personally I've been my powers for so long and I'm seeing this as a great opportunity to freshen things up. I might just stick with my current powers, I might not. I'm still not sure, but it's nothing to do with how they perform.

They've been trying to push in more member benefits here and there. A good example are the free seasonal stuff we're now getting. This would be the perfect time to give out a free power respec token with a massive update changing powers.
    • Like x 2
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Well let's hope that there isn't a FOTM power. The reason I suggested a free power respec token (or at least make it at a discount) is because what they were so used to before may be completely different and it's unfair to them since they didn't make the decision to put in AMs. Thus, I believe that offering this is fair. Just imagine. Let's say I really liked mental AM and now it's completely different and I'm not satisfied.
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

That might be a convenient alterior motive but I think if you're honest with yourself its also because you're afraid your power won't function well and this might impact your enjoyment.
    • Like x 1
  9. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Not sure what other powers they could add besides a couple and we're already getting water.

New weapon would be cool but idk

Weapon styles to me aren't important but I'd like to see more

I'd love to see more legend characters but they are probably closer to the bottom of the priorities list.

PvP deserves to be fixed as a whole and I definitely agree with fixing open world pvp. If arenas are a mess it would be great to at least enjoy open world.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I'll assume the power you chose you chose because you like more about the power than its AM.

You should be advocating for your power to ensure it doesn't get broken rather than advocating for a free power token so you can be the first to jump ship.
    • Like x 5
  11. Here2Help Devoted Player

Nope. Not because I'm afraid my power won't function well, but afraid that my power and role may not be as enjoyable. I'm personally not enjoying Tanking as much with the changes they received to push Battle Tanking. It's nothing to do with Earth being a bad Tank, but Tanking potentially not being for me anymore. Anyway, I'll probably keep my main as Earth, but I still think it's a good idea to give out some free respecs.
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I respect your points and obviously agree with 2 and 4 but could you elaborate on points 3 and 5?

For number 3 I just think that making membership more valuable would help in the long run and does it take much to just adjust those things? I mean already making ancient coins drop in the vault and making lockboxes drop every hour as opposed to six would already improve them by a lot.

For 5 I agree that it may not happen but I think that quarterly is better than either monthly or whatever it is we have now. It's also the best compromise from my point of view.
    • Like x 1
  13. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Oh yes I definitely chose the power because I like the power but my point was not about that the power got weaker but instead less enjoyable. For one I think the powers will be balanced but we know for a fact that they won't be the same as before. There are also people who had to switch powers from electricity and nature to compete in DPS and now that it will be competitive again I think they should be given the option to switch back for free or a better price. That said, I see where you're coming from.
    • Like x 1
  14. IamINC Dedicated Player

#inb4BLUELANTERNS
    • Like x 2
  15. Here2Help Devoted Player

If they're going to be updating the Vault and Lockboxes, they'll need things to put inside them. Those things would most likely need to be created. That would require time and would use up some resources. They've made it very clear recently that they want to generate money out of things that use up time and resources. The vault and lockboxes no longer generate money. I'd rather them use that time on things such as Marketplace styles (so your point 2), as it's something we all really want and it would tick that box for generating them that precious money they want so much.

I do agree. I'd rather have 4 DLCs than 2 and some Major Events, but they work in the future and they'll already have ideas for Major Events to be put in between DLCs. All I was saying is that it's very unlikely we'll see another change to content releases so soon since our last change.
    • Like x 1
  16. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

1-2 months after it goes live I would be ok with letting people respec everything about each toon once for free. Power, name, personality, movement. Just long enough to force people to try to learn new LO's.

They can already do it if they want to its just a matter of whether or not the devs will let us do it for free. And the answer is abso-freaking-lutely. You completely overhaul the game, the players should not be required to pay to adapt to it.

I love my toons/powers. I cant imagine wanting to switch, im extremely excited to play revamp, but I also dont want to be trapped on powers I hate.

What powers everyone else uses doesnt bother me.
    • Like x 1
  17. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Thanks for clearing up the last point. About your comment on adding things to the lockbox I disagree. Im not necessarily thinking of creating things but just making them more useful and appealing. For example changing the 6 hours to one hour. Adding ancient coins, stabilizer fragments, marks of Valor etc. Same goes for vault for me minus the stabilizer fragment part. I would personally like to see the enhanced version of items from capsules in lockboxes too so members have a better chance of getting them but that's just me.
    • Like x 1
  18. BƖack Dedicated Player

Most of all in my first place is:
    • Stop with limits like: Booster Bundles and Time Capsules. (I hate it so much, get rid of it)
    • Fixing most of the bugs,glitches etc. (To improve gameplay quality)
    • PvP Update. (New DLC,Legends,Maps)
    • Marketplace Update. (Once again, no limits. Everyone should have the chance to get what they want!)
    • Like x 3
  19. xD25x Dedicated Player

See here is the issue. Suppose I created a fire character because I wanted to turtle tank. Or created a light dps because I wanted to chain an infinite combo together. Now they certainly don't have to oblige me and accommodate me it would be a good business decision for them to let me change to a power that I'm interested in playing.
    • Like x 3
  20. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I believe it will be a wise decision. Put the Power in the hands of the player; let the player decide.
    Make the Respec Tokens expire after 1-2 months; but allow the players a choice.
    • Like x 2