DCUO and pets.....

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Mista E, Feb 22, 2013.

1. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

yeah, i apologize as well, but ya know i'm just "SMH" at the entire picture of pvp in 2013.

honestly, i don't even know what's really worth changing anymore.
    i lost hope a long time ago that things could possibly go back to where it was @ launch and now i just try to adapt to whatever they add, and i try to enjoy it for what it's worth.
    when Last Laugh dropped i literally posted daily for about 3 months straight begging them to take back the counter mechanic changes to no avail.
    no lie, about 90% of the people i PvPed with for the first year flat out quit after those updates.

to me, things like mainframe additions arent really a problem, they are more just 'changes'.
    personally i worry more about things like the 'no damage bug', or the fact that today i tried to take out a 'Turtle-Blocker' and even though i anticipated his blocks and threw a BB before he even was blocking... he had time to tap block and unblock before my BB even hit!! ...c'mon.
    • Like x 3
  2. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

yeah, i apologize as well, but ya know sometimes i just "SMH" at the entire picture of pvp in 2013.

honestly, i don't even know what's really worth changing anymore.
    i lost hope a long time ago that things could possibly go back to where it was @ launch and now i just try to adapt to whatever they add, and i try to enjoy it for what it's worth.
    when Last Laugh dropped i literally posted daily for about 3 months straight begging them to take back the counter mechanic changes to no avail.
    no lie, about 90% of the people i PvPed with for the first year flat out quit after those updates.

These days i see things like mainframe additions less like problems, but moreso just as 'changes'.
    personally i worry more about issues like the 'no damage bug', or the fact that today i tried to take out a 'Turtle-Blocker' and even though i anticipated his block and threw a BB before he even was blocking... he had time to tap block and unblock before my BB even hit!! ...c'mon.:rolleyes:
  3. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

funny

but we will probably be able to download this same DCUO client from playstation store on ps4 and have access to all our toons from ps3. that is the beauty of the persistent mmorpg. just like i can buy a new pc and download dcuo and have acces to my old toons when i log in with my old account
  4. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

5. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

nothing personal against u, madholm, but ideas like this is exactly y i am aganst this thread.

posts asking for limitations to be placed on belts or total exclusions of trink pets r basicly like saying "i dont like it! so everybody else should b stripped of thier ability to use it."

what about the many people who enjoy the options the belt gives them in pvp? just screw them, huh?

i read where people on this thread said stuff like "all the PVPers i know say <this> and agree with <that>"

so the pvp guys u know r every pvp guy in the game? or just some folks who agree with u?

lol here is a bit of wisdom for those people. there are many people in this world who dont think like u and ur buddies! ":eek:" yea i know, shocker right? but its tru.

also this thread is different from most QQ threads that i've read in that its not talking about nerfing something. its talking about taking away or restricting content that is accessible to everybody. some of u guys r sounding very selfish

if lag and targeting are the real issues here (which they are) then ask devs to FIX those issues, and move away from asking devs to SCREW OVER everyone who likes to use belts and pets in arena.
    • Like x 1
  6. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

:cool: lol thx for that. great to know my skills r being noticed by some players lol. unfortunately now i will b focused by every hero pvp guy who reads this lol
  7. Giggles Loyal Player

Or they can just add a classic arena where immunity does not exist, everyone is given the same sodas, the same PVP Trinket, and finally set stats for all roles determined by the devs. This means, mods, utility belts, gear, etc is not a factor. Basically legends with our characters, power sets, load outs, and our weapon. This way the people who enjoy PvP as is get to continue to do so, and those of us who were here when PvP was amazing can go enjoy it our way.

Would I like PvP before immunity and mods back? Yes. Do I mind PvP as it is now? No. Do I want less overall choices on how I can enjoy the PvP part of the game because of a few people who cry constantly? No. Who cares if it splits the ques, at least everyone is happy. If one que becomes slower than other at least you know what is and is not popular and can always que for the other Arena. Not a big deal. Yes, I know, we have legends already, but it isn't the same as getting to learn your power set and role on an even playing field.
    • Like x 1
  8. Madholm New Player

Not taken personally.

Everyone has an opinion, but I won't keep giving them money for the horrendous pvp state they have let pvp slip into. The only reason I've ever played this game was for pvp. In almost 2 years they crated enough content to keep me busy for less than 2 months and now I'm full t4 pve with no reason to play except pvp. Only pvp sucks and its not just a targeting issue; ps3 flat out cannot handle rendering all the pets. That alone should be a queue to the devs that pets are insanely out of hand.

At this point they can add a gazillion more pets for all I care. I hate rentals and I hate pet spam. Those 2 things make pvp suck and they clearly don't care so they won't get anymore of my money. Ill go back to logging in every blue moon for a few legends matches.
  9. Madholm New Player

I would love to see the numbers for which is more popular. I know which I'd queue for and I'd bet it would be the more popular choice for pvpers.
    • Like x 1
  10. blacklyger121 New Player

OMG about time I was like this is cool with the pets but its ridicules now. I was in a 8on8 FoS and their whole team was popping pets like crazy it messed up my aim, I'm in full T3 and was getting murder by some ppl who are hign in PvE gear but like T1 in gear or T2. there no point to PvP that way its might as well be a PvE match. I would fix it like this have it like how Troller powers work to where if you PoT then your other troller in your group (if running with a full 8 group) PoT their PoT is canceled or it would cancel out the other. this would make it that one person at a time can pop out like 4 Pets at a time. Its stupid now to fight like 20 pets that means I have to get a group that has pets and use that against ppl and not learn any skill to fight.
  11. blacklyger121 New Player

you see things like that 8 pets WTF devs common did you really not see that, I bet if I post some youtube videos of my sorcery using 8 pets (which I do have one but never really PvP) and then post my Fire tank and Gadget Troller fighting like 100 pets at one time then maybe that will change
  12. Zypher New Player

I doubt the pet situation will get fixed. That would require someone to man up, take responsibility and actually admit its a stupid direction to take the game. That's probably not gonna happen.

Sad thing is.. that's the person I'd have the most respect for.

Weren't the Boo, Jack and Tides of War trinkets enough?
  13. Giggles Loyal Player

No they weren't, those are all trinkets available at only certain times of the year, with some being completely luck based. Now everyone is on equal footing should they choose to put in the time to get the marks, these new trinkets are way better than the seasonal ones. I personal don't have any issue in PvP. If they remove pets or don't, so be it. I just feel if they do remove pets they create a new variant of Arena because some people actually enjoy PvP the way it is now. Even though I don't particularly care for Pokemon Arena, that does not mean I want to force others to play my way. So what if it splits the ques, at least everyone is happy.
    • Like x 2
  14. Horrorshow New Player

You come in an explain this to me Devs. You have a noob wearing PVP avatar bomb gear who is able to kill me in about one shot. He is constantly summoning a watcher that is impossible to kill. He is summoning henchmen that are impossible to kill. He is summoning sentry bots that are impossible to kill. What person on your team thought this was a good idea? Try not to point fingers now.
  15. Mista E New Player

add a lobby system with customizable options...

everyones happy then. you could play pokemon , or have a bare bones pvp, and everything inbetween.

everyone wins with that...

add a lobby system, and leave the option to que in arenas as well...
    • Like x 1
  16. renzhe New Player

Repeating what I've posted in other threads. No pets for you! :p

1) Transmute being able to blow up pets/henchmen/sidekick/backup (does not apply to powerset pets). Animation time has Pikachu appearing with confused face "Pikachu?" then laugh 3 times, then Boom! :)

or

2) Transmute being able to possess pets/henchmen/sidekick/backup (does not apply to powerset pets). Animation time has Pikachu appearing with confused face "Pikachu?" then make evil face "Pikachu!", then Boom!, all pets/henchmen/sidekick/backup (does not apply to powerset pets) appear as giant nightmare versions and proceed to bash the opposition while making troll faces :D

Or have a new consumable which when used, will instead of blowing up all these extra pets from seasonal trinkets or /henchmen/sidekick/backup, turn them over to your side and aid you in battle and proceed to bash up their former master.
  17. FroztbyteNML New Player

You can disable the Suicide Squad. Check in your settings.
  18. Horrorshow New Player

I decided to try this out. I summoned a bloom pet and three henchmen to fight for me. It is really unfair. I felt so bad when I used it on the guy I did. Sorry random guy I pugged with and got killed by my 4 pets. :(
  19. Volaron New Player

Let's go back even further (game update 13) When another huge chunk left. Referring to immunity.
  20. FroztbyteNML New Player

I just read every post on here from page 1. I am a hardcore PvPer. (Whatever that means.) I have been around since Beta. I have been apart of some of the most respectable and deadly PvP Leagues on the USPS3 game. However, I disagree with a majority of what many of you are saying. I have seen this game progress, as well as take a step or two back, in some pvp related things. Although I may agree or disagree with some of the devs choices, I have to make the conscience decision of whether I am going to use my skills to adapt to the situations at hand, or cut my losses and move on to another game. I see no problem with stating ones opinion, but to look down on others skill because they see things different than you or referring to them as not "hardcore" cuzz they don't run that stupid and boring 5v5 arena is more detrimental to the community than any pet will ever be. This is an MMO afterall. (My first one, too.) Customization is a good thing. Right?
    • Like x 2