Stats Revamp 1.3 - Mental Feedback!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Hello. I've been playing with Mental on Test here and there for a few weeks, but decided to really sit down this morning and go through everything I think is right and wrong.

Mental Specific Feedback

I found the PftT style absolutely doable. Now I have no idea what the best loadout could possibly be right now, but for group content I was using Mass Terror (DoT and Terror PI Setup), Psychic Shock (DoT and benefits from Terror), Cryokinesis (Sometimes x 2 for Ice Blocks), Pyrokinesis (DoT and Ice Exploder), Psychic Prison (another DoT) and Mass Hysteria (Supercharge). For solo stuff I replaced Prison with Grandeur for survivability. I was never using my weapon, like on the Live servers.

Positive:
    - Lots of DoTs ! The DoTs for Mental are short but sweet, and because they are so short you can keep doing your rotation without worrying about refreshing losing damage or having to do weapon combos in between (ala Nature on Live)
    - Psychic Shock now Debuffs Defense ! This is great and something I've wanted for a long time. Now Cryo, Pyro and Shock will be great Debuffs, CC, PIs and DoTs for Controllers !
    - Being able to retain Flight while in the Mass Hysteria form ! Finally, thank you ! (Note: My Test toon is Flight, I do not know if it changes you to Flight, or if you just retain your Movement Mode).
    - The addition of Psychic Prison (a great animation) and TK Pull. I've always wanted Mental to have a Pull (I think every power should, for utility purposes) since FoS 2. Thank you for this.

Negative:
    - Mass Hysteria lasts WAY too short now. Especially for a (ridiculously priced) 100% Supercharge. Many of us Mental players on the forums tried so hard for years to get this down to a 50%, you finally gave it to us, and now you're reverting it.
    - The removal of Thought Bubble. I've already discussed the Encasement problem with a Developer in another post, and know that you are looking into what to do with those. But to remove this power completely is not cool in my book. Which leads me to ...
    - TK Push and TK Bolt are still WAY too similar. They are practically the same power, animation and PI benefitter. TK Push is just a small version whereas TK Bolt hits wide. It's not enough to warrant two different powers. In fact, TK Push is just so terrible that you should remove it, and re-add Thought Bubble.

Mental Wishlist

I know this is probably beyond the scope, but I would kick myself for not asking. Mass Hysteria's Form is gross. It was repurposed years ago for Sorcery's Fury, and it looks great there. Get rid of it for us. Use Atomic's Mass Density technology and make us a pinkishpurplish Astral form of our own toons, similar to Grodd's Projections. Super please. :) Feel free to change the name and the pets as well.

General Feedback

White Mods (from our Bases):
    - Weapon Mods now only affect weapons. While that makes sense, doesn't that put PftT players at a disadvantage ? How will that be balanced when you've essentially taken away an entire Mod's purpose. Are there plans to add other Weapon Mods that affect powers ?
    - Visual thing: The Mods still say "V", but we haven't had 5 columns in our Generators for a long time. They should all say "III". Same goes for the actual Icons.
    - With all of the changes, I still can't tell what is better or what the difference is between Penetrating Strikes and Core Strength. Since we cannot see what the enemy's stats are, it seems confusing. You should get rid of one of them and make a definitive choice for Damage players' Chest Mod.
    - Reserve Tank: Has this finally been looked at and made functional ?
    - Relentless Precision: This Mod needs to work like Escalating Might. The combo requirement is just TOO high. Any weapon player will be using Buffs every 12 seconds, so this needs to be changed.

Those are my thoughts for now. Thanks for reading.
    • Like x 4
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I meant for them to have Psychic Prison casted at the enemy/NPC's feet.
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I know, I'm saying that I believe they are intended to be at ours. I wouldn't be be against it on target, but that also defeats the changes they were going with on safety of melee and range. I am curious though, what is the difference with Psychic Prison and say Circle of Destruction? Is it just the DoT interval? Or is damage total comparable?
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Total damage comparable. one applies a PI and one is a just a dot with no PI benefit or application. Also Psychic Prison is medium cost. Circle is High cost.
  5. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

^^^This 100%^^^ DEVS................... Please take a good look here.

The red 1000% LOL yeah but..... seriously, I could not have explained this any better.
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Then that would also change the cost of Psychic Prison. I feel like I would prefer it as it is now. It is nice to cast it on target, but the better it becomes the more restrictions it gets. (Higher cost and/or cooldown.)
  7. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

After testing this update to mental I have to agree. I was about o give up TBH.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I have got to say Mental is dumb strong right now lol.
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Well said, but I would hate to lose TK Push, right now it is a great utilitarian power. I would like to see Thought Bubble though.
    What if they combine Reflect Pain with TK Shield, we only need 1 shield have it do both, and get Thought Bubble back.
  10. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

I'm really fracking agitated you guys removed thought bubble!!!
    • Like x 2
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Reflect pain is a waste. It needs to do 5-10x the damage it does.
    If you're not going to fix that, remove it and bring back out Thought Bubble.
    • Like x 1
  12. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

I'm loving the visual effects now, phantom flames and psychic shock animations = awesomeness. I can get behind this version of debuff assignments.
  13. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

why is mass terror still interruptable?
    The interrupt is highly pointless and toxic to the game play.
    • Like x 1
  14. Karasawa Loyal Player

Bug Report: Terror Tendrils is only firing one projectile that arcs to the left away from your target. Most of the time you can't even hit what you're targeting.
    • Like x 2
  15. Karasawa Loyal Player

Bug Report: Psychic Shock does the same amount of damage every time with no damage range. Also, if cast once it inflicts 10 ticks of damage. If cast twice in a row, it should inflict 20 ticks of damage but only inflicts 13.
  16. tioalbert Well-Known Player

Hello everyone my character is just mental control.
    I think I've noticed some benefits in powers, but I still feel weak.
    Previously had all the pieces of armor in dps, then I thought that after the recent changes there would be some benefit with everything in armor control.
    I was proving to stop using sp in both crit. of power. And only put both crit of damages (there was improvement), Then probe the surplus of sp in force (without clear results of some change), then change soso points of force to pressure (without clear results of some change). There is another detail the control effects (exepto decrements) last little time in enemies.
    Now I tell you what share dps armor piece and controll 8825 defense.
    The controll if they give sp to dominion instead of force or presicion, increases dominance of 6,000 to 8,000 (something with which it hardly makes a stun, a disorientation or crush only a little more durable (at least more perceptible than with the 6,000 that gives Domain armor.).
    Finally the final change that I have as mental control all the pieces of armor controll and mods v6 syntactic, sp in both crit. Of damage 7 sp in controllable, 7 sp in sliding movement and the rest in defense (with which the 8825 raised to 10,000), Hardly acceptable since it would lack to raise those 6,000 of domain to 8,000 To be a controll.

Conclusion increase defense or dominance near these figures 10,000defensa or 8,000 dominion. Only in the total of pieces armor type controll (exclusive for controll).
  17. tioalbert Well-Known Player

I think i did not say my character is cr 166
  18. Maxwill Committed Player

Are you guys thinking about increasing P.O.T's base power healing? Now seems too low considering we have double vita than live server and about half of pot...Also we might have some power problems with solo troll + solo heal.
  19. L T Devoted Player

So far in my testing, Mass Hysteria is a very strong supercharge and well worth its cost. Nobody likes the 100% cost but given the choice between a watered down 50% version and what's currently on test I'd definitely keep the ability just the way it is.
  20. L T Devoted Player

I'd actually prefer a decreased POT that can stack. The idea isn't to encourage 5111, only that 5111 should be possible with very skilled groups.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.