Name Reclaim?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ereez, Feb 1, 2017.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Naw I can make up all kinds of names when Im making a character, sure some times theres dry spells due to it being morning and not being fully awake or w/e the reason may be. But normally I can create names that roll off the tongue, or names that ppl will remember easily and/or like, you know catchy names :p.
  2. Ereez Well-Known Player

To clarify before any other kids make passive aggressive comments, I'm not tryna b*tch and moan, but anybody who goes through a lot of alts understands what i'm talking about.. My point is there's tons of toons that probably haven't been active for several months. Why not reclaim the names for active players to use?
    • Like x 1
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Because we dont have right to those names would be my guess lol, theres also RL issues/vacation ect that pulls ppl away for long long periods so thats not fair to those people who got those names legitimately.
  4. Ereez Well-Known Player

Yeah I suppose man, I'm just really picky and if the name isn't perfect I end up not playing the toon properly haha f it though there's other stuff i'd rather they fix first but stiiiiiilllllllll there's lots of names going to waste
  5. Ereez Well-Known Player

That's the catch 22 I guess, Maybe they could see how long someone has been inactive for and message them to warn them they may lose their name if they don't log in within x amount of time? This would at least help to clear names from people who have stopped playing dcuo altogether, I don't know the perfect solution I just wanted to hear what people thought about this
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

who's to say you get to keep those names though? say you get the name you want then RL stuff pulls you away before you're able to get on to save the name from being tossed up in the air for anyone to get like these other people, how would you feel after being away so long only to see you lost your mains name or 2nd alts name or w/e? You'd hate it, and wouldnt much care for the system.
  7. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

I did create about 5 on old PC accounts to "grab" the free skip to 100 about 3 days ago on those accounts. Prolly never gonna play any of those toons, but - well, one never knows.

Remember: The last "name reclaims" renamed just any inactive toons with adding "_[WORLD NUMBER]" to the name. Those were a couple of millions. I think using the dcuolive app with search parameters "contains _I" should show them all, but the app just lists the first 1000 hits.

It really freed up lots of names. I occasionally still grab names for "reserving" or trading. Far less than I did before Jackster took over though, didn't enter the game at all from September to early January or late December, can't remember.

And they felt.... pissed, because Daybreak didn't explain upfront that the names won't be available again if taken on the other platform server for the same region. But it's no use of them to come haunt the forums again and again because they are still sitting on those tokens: the name is unavailable, it was unavailable before and it will be unavailable until servers get merged again (technical necessary) - but in that case, the name may be taken on the other server again - or Daybreak needs money so desperate they do another name reclaim for pushing rename token sales. The latter? Will for sure not happen as long as stabilizers sell as well as they do.

I lost 4 names over name reclaims. Sounds much? Nope, a nuisance, and three of those names were on me: 1 case where I had the same name on the other server as well (so I had to lose it on one server LOL) and 2 toons on an account I forgot to log in at the time of the name reclaim, so names may actually be still there, didn't check, just came accross those toons when grabbing the free skip to 100. Nuisance? I have roughly 300 toons over various accounts, with about 50 of them just for squatting names. At the time, every name reclaim was getting more resources into my hands :D

The point is: most of the kids yelling are really just uncreative or hellbound on getting one of the top iconic names in a very acceptable spelling. Also, most of them are from the US. The better solution here: allow the same character char set on US servers that the EU server utilizes. That way a number of variations for a, e, i, o, u are unlocked (from languages like French, Spanish, German, Danish etc), also the slashed L from the Polish language etc. Daybreak would just need to copy a server script/configuration, no player gets pissed over maybe losing one of their names again, Daybreak will have an increase in rename token sales, and the number of "acceptable" variations of every "high profile" name actually increases - it's win-win-win in total. But: these kids are as limited in their imagination in finding solutions as finding new names. Not creative enough to find another solution than taking it from the people who currently have it - you may laugh about the lack of creativity aspect, but it really is the core issue.
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

All I can say is wait for the next reclaim and grab all the names you want then, even if you have to buy extra character slots lol
  9. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Just did. Read above and learn how to package a "suggestion" in a creative and constructive way, kid.
  10. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Accounts actually do fine :D
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

as in make extra accounts?

Naw to much effort lmao, to me its easier buying more slots or deleting old alts I wasnt using for s*** and make some new 1s I have some pretty good names under my belt I think anyways lol
  12. Ereez Well-Known Player

I hear you man I feel where your coming from but there's gotta be some solution no? I think after a certain length of inactivity there needs to be a reminder maybe an email or forum message or somethin? Like I said idk but I feel there could be a way around it
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

awesomeby nature
    official punchingbag
    community standard
    average DPS
    CRlNGE
    material handler

few others I wanna try 2 names but wanna have a friend switch his name to F2P or Free2Play, and I go to Pay2Win or P2W, with a league called Daybreak GamingCo
  14. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Not on PC side. Took a look at my older accounts from SWG times and found you seemingly still don't an extra email address per account. Lots of them are still linked to the same email address. Gonna have to sort them out one day lol.
  15. Ereez Well-Known Player

I'm really not tryna get into it with someone over the internet but you need to curve that passive aggressive stuff man.. you come across as a **** lol chill
  16. Ereez Well-Known Player

Some good answers guys, appreciated
  17. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

I grabbed "Nuclear Assplosion" for laughs and trades just two weeks ago. On the US server, I might add. After the first name reclaim, I grabbed some of minor DC characters in correct spelling. Names are there.
  18. Ereez Well-Known Player

I can't be the only one struggling with all the xxxxxbatmanxxxs running about haha
    • Like x 1
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

eh I dont really rush to grab names after the reclaims b/c idc really lol. Did you get anything for that name?
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

No I dislike those type of names too but those names are just people who like batman but couldnt get Batman straight up so they tossed in a x on each side til it went through.

It shows a lack of creativity when you have to put X' in your name that way.
  21. Ereez Well-Known Player

Yeah there's something that really bugs me about those xxx names and I don't even know what haha