MAKE SKILL POINTS A REQUIREMENT FOR ELITE ALERTS/RAIDS

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by DeadInAMinuteYT, Jan 19, 2017.

1. DeadInAMinuteYT Level 30

You know how we have a Normal version of a raid and a Elite version of a raid, Maybe make it so the Elite version has a Skill Points requirement to play It. For example the new Tier 8 raid Olympus has a requirement of 166CR to enter the raid (correct me If I'm wrong) and Elite version has a requirement of 178CR maybe we add a "Skill Point Requirement" to the Elite Raids/Alerts.
    This will give another reason for everyone in DCUO to farm Skill Points and make players like me that have been playing for 5+ years another reason to continue farming Skill Points.

EXAMPLE
    Olympus Elite Skill Point Requirement: 200 Skill Points
    God Of Monsters Elite Skill point Requirement: 200 Skill Points

:)
  2. krytine Loyal Player

Wow you must be so proud of those skill points of yours. You do realize that most of these feats have nothing to do with skill. I mean crafting and salvage styles. So just becuase you have your high and mighty 200 skill points doesn't mean your a great player or that some one that has less the you isnt as good as you. I have seen players with half my skillpoints that are better then me and those that have more that cant do anything in the game
    • Like x 10
  3. Roocck Committed Player

WOW.... NOOOOO WAAAYYY!!!!! THAT'S A NO NO!!!
    • Like x 1
  4. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I've trolled elite raids and SM 1-10 repeatedly with 44sp just for fun since Lab came out xD Tbh, even though the idea is offensive to skill based gameplay, I'd be fine with it just to see the reactions when elite raids still fail. Maybe 200sp people will realize that the majority of people who fall in that category are barely average players skill wise.
    • Like x 1
  5. DeadInAMinuteYT Level 30

Maybe i went to high on the Skill Points but It's still a good idea.
  6. DeadInAMinuteYT Level 30

I am proud :)
  7. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

People aren't going to grind for 50 to 100sp just to get in elite content. I'd have more stats just upgrading from t8 to olympian reg/base mods than I would from elite socket bonuses.
    • Like x 2
  8. DeadInAMinuteYT Level 30

Then make reasons for them to grind
  9. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Why do you even care if other people grind?
  10. DeadInAMinuteYT Level 30

I don't to be honest. I went high on the SP i agree with that, But I still think its a good idea.
  11. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

If you don't care if people grind, then why recommend a system that promotes grinding? I'm lost.
    • Like x 3
  12. DeadInAMinuteYT Level 30

It does not promote grinding for the players that have been playing for years and spent tons of money on this game just to get pissed and chucked around. People that been playing since launch need reasons to stay and i think implementing this and making the ELITE nearly impossible to complete will make the game 10x better.
  13. Kontakt Active Player

Sounds like a good idea on paper but it's not, it may happen in the future seeing how this game is selling skill points now, if such requirements were implemented the player base would be divided for sure.
  14. krytine Loyal Player

Its clear you are but again your points dont dictate if you have skill or not they will make a good player better and so on. But to say people have to have x amount of sp is absurd. So let me get this right you want to hold other players down for not having sp so somethat has more then you can say you cant run something.

Now i know how much and how important sp is but at 120 for any role under the current system can kick well you get the point
  15. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Maybe they should make the requirement 10 or 20 sp higher than whatever the OP has and see if he still thinks it is a good idea. I suspect his view on the matter would change substantially.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

This is a common misconception. Skill points are points that unlock skills, not a rating of skill.

As someone who has done many Elite raids and SM's on toons with 30-50sp, I can assure you that SP has nothing to do with skill. This includes solo tanking/healing/trolling, and topping dps scoreboards (again all with less than 50sp). The majoritiy of your stats always have and always will come from gear.

Excluding paying customers from content they are paying for is a TERRIBLE idea. Not to mention there would only be like 90 Xbox players (per faction) that would even be eligible for the content (and who knows how many of them are the same person iwth alts) Realistically the number is probably closer to 50 players).

Skill points should remain what they are, a trophy and something to brag about. They do help but in NO way are they or should they ever be required to complete content.
    • Like x 5
  17. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Although I even agree with your idea, unfortunately we do not have enough players for this!
    If such a move were taken, we would not have had raid players! Because few players have these skill points! And I can guarantee that few will be the ones who will want to have only to enter an elite raid!
    It is easier for the player to leave the game and go to another game than to go to the skill point just to enter a raid.
    And look what I'm talking about this is not because I do not have points, Even though I have more than the suficinte ... Within what you propose ...:p
  18. eanur Well-Known Player

I do not agree at all that skill points should be a requirement for any raids or alerts. Even though will be in the stat revamp much more useful for your character they are mainly an optional extra to improve your character not a requirement.

However, this thread would be a lot more interesting if the talk was about cr rather then sp. One problem I has with the latest dlc wasn't the content it self or the grind it was that you could complete the all the content within the first day but then have to spend the next 4-5 months grinding for marks when you have already completed all the content. You was grinding for marks and gear to get stronger but with no real incentive to do so.

I think more attention in the next dlc (and I have read somewhere they plan to look at this during the revamp) to content and their cr requirements. In my opinion solo's, duos' and regular alerts should be able to play on the first day but you should need a higher cr to play regular raids and then again a higher cr to play elite alerts and elite raids. Actually create a grind so that there is a better purpose to grind.

P.s. What has this got to do with the test server and testing stuff? A dev should really move this into the right discussion channel
  19. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

20. Swiftduck Loyal Player

So you just want to alienate the newer players? I see
    • Like x 1