Stats Revamp: Electricity 1.2

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Ionic drain is no longer a heal.

However it would be nice if Ionic drain acted the same way IOR, but honestly I would love for Voltaic bolt in healer role to give a nice burst heal like celestial divine light.
  2. krytine Loyal Player

I didn't notice ionic drain didnt ha e a heal side very upset checking that out soon
    A few other things . We dont have a 4 man heal like other heals now and bio surge should be a hugh heal for us no matter the cool down being short and low power cost
    Maybe make electro gen cover 3 toons and do the wash out heals
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

Is it possible to reduce the cool down on Voltaic Bolt ? Phantom Flames in Mental has the same power cost and damage yet has a 2-3 second cool down whereas Voltaic Bolt is 12 seconds.
    • Like x 4
  4. AESROD New Player

I like electric dps at the moment. It's not dot based how it used to be but I'm fine with what I've made out of it. Using both electrified and polarized PI's in my rotation I feel I do amazing damage. ( from running raids with good other good dps) the cooldowns fit in my rotation so cooldowns isn't the problem for me. It's just the power cost of almost every ability seems like a lot.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kuno Loyal Player

Im curious why the healing side was messed with so much with the main problem of Electricity is DPS side. Powers don't hit hard enough (I'm being very diplomatic here) consume too much power and DOTs are useless.
    Healing was just fine.
  6. Kuno Loyal Player

I think we should be able to have an entire loadout from one tree alone and have competitive damage.
    Amperage tree feels like a different power from Voltage we should get advantage from having different trees that feels like 2 powers in one.
    • Like x 1
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So we make electric worse on both dps and healing side....like what gives here???
    • Like x 2
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

I will follow up with a video when its ready but for now some written words on how it felt to heal with Electricity in God of Monsters at 173 cr and around 16k Restoration, 25k Power and a full Restoration focused modding/SP spec with Restoration & Power mods.

For the first two bosses I ran with Electrogenesis. Totally regretting it cause this power is and was useless since Electricity came out. I will keep saying this until it happens but it has to be applied on the person with the current lowest health and yourself. A skilled healer can apply this HoT on the tank as he feels needed. What do I have from a HoT in the group and another HoT on me ... in the group? Right, nothing. So I totally regret I didnt ditched it earlier but see why that is the case a bit lower.

Healing was okayish, I'm still just a DPS with supportish aspect cause too often my cooldowns came into play and I watched the tanks struggling with health as they feel paper-like (see both Tank feedback threads). Our short cooldown single-target instant heal doesnt cut it for such situation. The healthbar barely went up and only made meaningful difference if the heal crit. Now since Crits have less of impact in the game this heal feels kind of useless. It could be solved by increasing its base healing number by a good chunk. AoE based heals have longer cooldown but broken down deliver on an even field of cooldowns a much more meaningful heal impact on the group. On top those stuff cost power anyway so we would be able to spam but only for a few times until we run out of power. There isnt any need to force the base number on the single target heal that low. 20 to 25% increase wouldnt hurt. As said the heal cap is mostly limited due to our power pool anyway since trolls power out has less of an effect on the group and if the heal doesnt weapon regen in between he is going dry at one point.

Shields. The double nerf I'm probably being unable to ever understand. First the nerf of the damage absorption that turned from 125% restoration to 100% Resto and 100% Dominance which is an overall lower number (even with a spec into Dominance in the SP trees). Then the nerf to the uptime. 6 seconds is worthless. These shields break on tanks in 2 seconds anyway and the group uses them for strategical pickup situations but since too many mechanics require an uptime of more than 6 seconds it got made worthless. Also remember picking up takes usually a bit longer than 6 seconds. Coordinated teamplay destroyed, tactical and meaningful in-depth gameplay non-existent. I don't understand why gameplay has to be cut further. It's still possbile to do the pickups but only more of a lucky gamble than coordinated intentional picking up. I'm quite dissappointed with what you have done to the shields. A double nerf is totally unjustified :(

Remember "meaningful choices"? They don't exist for an Electricity healer. Most melee heals are worthless cause they do not justify the risk vs reward concept. I look at the options as Sorc and I do actually have them. Sorcs concept outplays Electricity on test with no effort involved in all areas cause the majority of heals are working on range. Elec needs an additional range heal option. Electroburst could be scrapped, no good healer would even realize it was there in the first place as its range is too limited and the heal isnt worth to go close to the tank to pull that of just to risk dying from it. I ended up using Galvanize which has a nice heal out but its dependent on situation so I wouldnt count on it in all cases.

I call shots at the fact that GOM isnt being able to solo heal with any of the 2 current powersets but I'm certain either nature or celestial will make that cut when they coming up.

Checklist:

SIngle-Target Heal needs to be buffed up.
    One of the Shield Nerfs has to be undone (preferable the uptime as it would open up strategical teamplay use again)
    Electricity needs another range heal option.
    Melee Heals have to be rewarding for going that close to a tank or others in dangerous places like damage dealers get a high risk vs reward concept on melee powers.
    Cooldowns still do not make me feel like a support role.

Video will follow until end of week.
    • Like x 13
  9. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I tested for two days both healing powers; I soloed Olympus regular with both powersets but you need to focus more as an Electric healer than Sorcery, and to add, Electric is way more power hungry than Sorcery. Overall Sorcery has the upper hand if you compare everything they can bring to the table (Good Sustained healing, The best Supercharge in the game, better power management, even more aggregated dmg because of Grand Summoning...)

In order to reduced the gap of efficiency between these 2 powersets Healing wise i think these changes need to happen:

- Reduce the power cost of: Bio Capacitator and Arc Lightning.

- Buff the healing effect of Arc Lightning.

- Electrogenesis need to cover At least 4 team players to be appeiling in a loadout, right now is not worth having it. I would be ideal if the whole raid team get protected by the effects of the healing aura tho.

- Group Transducer can give more heals and power back to be a Supercharge in the range of Grand Summoning, especially in this revamp, when power management is still an issue in the 1.2 version.

As you can see these are minor tweks that can benefit the healing side of Electricity, is still pretty fun to play, at least IMHO, but you need to work 4 times and be more mobile than a Sorcery healer. Balance Devs, never forget...
    • Like x 3
  10. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I think Arc Lightning has the potential of being that range healing power if the ray jumps to all the group members after hitting the first enemy if you are on Healer role. The power of the heals need to be buffed up a bit aswell.
    • Like x 1
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I thought Sage cranked out the base healing values of the powers but I can't find it. I haven't raid healed, only alert healed so I can't comment to its effectiveness in a raid.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Electroburst: 24-36 (retested with the change)
    Galvanize: 35-46
    Bio Capacitor: 86-126 (safety nets) 68-83 on initial burst heal.
    Bio Electric Surge: 48-59
    Electrogenesis: 9-12 (yikes) 2 man hot.
    Electrified PI: 1-3
    Invigorate: 126-142(retested)
    Ionic Drain: 9-12 (straight up channeled h.o.t.)
    Group Transducer: 103-120
    Flux: push back, damage cap of 7528, 6 second duration, breaks with 3 taps.
    • Like x 5
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

My thoughts on this:

1. The purpose of Electrogenesis
    This seems to have no kind of purpose at all. Being a 2 man hot it serves no purpose in alert or raid runs. The healing is so weak from Egen first off. The crit range is awful being something that crits 22% of the time as an hot. Let that sink in.
    It needs to become a 4 man heal at the least. Make it have a multiplier for each teammate to increase its strength in healing. That way you don't have to touch the base numbers.

2. Shielding Nerf.
    This destroys their practical use lol. 6 seconds?
    That kills Survival Mode Tactics and Elite Content tactics.
    Doing pick ups now requires a Sorc Healer using Guardian or a Gadgets controller using Holographic Decoy.
    Shields are something for Healers to do three things:
    Coordinated shielding with Controllers helps runs go much smoother and helps with preventing group wipes. It's a tactic of survival and player longevity in difficult content. A shielding nerf nullifies that tactic completely. Case in Point GoME second and third boss.
    Shields also need to provide sufficient protection, which they currently do not. When an alert or raid group is under duress and there is a big hit coming from an enrage timer on a boss, us healers pop those shields to mitigate the impact of those hits. Shields right now do not do that...
    Shields also give a healer breathing room. This doesn't happen on test. They give us anxiety and depression now :p

3. Lack of Available Burst Healing
    This is quite ironic because Electricity is THE burst healer.
    Sure you have Arc Lightning, but that Bio Electric Surge is important when healing. It needs to be 68-83 base strength once again because it hits that one person that is always gonna be low or is farther in distance from the group and may not have received other healing because they were out of the range for the other heals.
    Cooldowns also play into this..
    We have Galvanize as a wave heal which is potent.
    We have Bio Capacitor which is potent.
    We have Supercharge heals which is fine cause they can be up quite often.
    We have no available burst under duress and no sustainable hot that's worth using. Electroburst is pathetic and Electrogenesis may as well not even exist. If you think Ionic drain is something, it may as well not even exist either cause all of them blow chunks. They just do.
    No healer in their right mind would ever use these abilities! They are that bad! Case in Point, I could sit there and clip EBurst and Arc and it wouldn't be enough to save a group even in melee range. Oh and I'm talking GOME, OLYE, OLY, GOM, HH, TOTD, TOTDE, DWF, DWFE.
    when those adds spawn out, you'd expect to go in there and get a few Electrobursts off and the group would be fine.
    Well that's just a wet dream lol. Risk and Reward doesn't exist for Electroburst as a healer. You'd get yourself and your team massacred and that's the truth.
    Buff it up to Galvanize's base numbers and it will be just fine.

4. Channel heal bias
    Ionic Drain ain't gonna get the same love Invocation of Renewal is gonna get?
    I know you guys can do cooldowns independent of roles (rage is indicative of that) so why not have Ionic Drain as a jump cancel-able buffed up hot that gains strength with allies, that has a fair cooldown? That's essentially what IoR is getting and I see no reason why Ionic Drain can't receive the same treatment in healer role.
    Ionic Drain being stuck in an animation needs to give large hot.
    I don't care about a cooldown slapped on it, just do it.

I sent this in a pm to you spord, but I'm posting it here in case you didn't read it.
    ^.^

I will have more feedback on Electric soon, but it will be for DPS side.
    • Like x 7
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Arc Lightning: 68-83 sorry. Forgot that one
    • Like x 2
  15. Elusian Crowd Control

It's already par of the build. I was clearly stating additional "options" not whats already in the build.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Well since the cooldown of Arc Lightning isn´t bad at all i think it could do the job very well for range healing (at least it did it for me on my runs) that´s why i suggest that the heals of it can be buffed and the power cost reduced, but i guess that "more options" doesn´t hurt.
  17. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Egen, Eburst and Ionic Drain are in no way shape or form viable right now.
    I´m running BioCapacitator, BSurge, Arc Lightning, Galvanize, Flux & Group Transducer.
    What´s your healing loadout? i don´t see any other appeling options to be honest :(
    • Like x 2
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Same lol.
  19. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

Ionic Drain is the best part of electric healing. Without it, electric is boring.
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

My feedback for Electric DPS:

1: Electrogenesis
    Much like the healer side this power only affect 2 targets in dps. This makes absolutely no sense to me and limits the potential of this ability too much. I would rather this become a field dot of 12.5m that splits at 2 to mirror how psychic prison, and Circle of destruction work.
    That alone would help out tremendously

2. Overcharge
    This ability pretty much stomps Tesla Blast in terms of single target damage. Only thing I would ask if the explosion could do splash damage on the AoE and if the explosion could electrify nearby enemies.

3. Supercharges: Megavolt
    I honestly do not understand why this supercharge doesn't hit as hard as Supercharges like Asphyxiation Gas and Bolt Barrage.
    It certainly could use a bump up in damage considering it's a stationary dot (makes no sense to me, would like insight as to why), and lasts 12 seconds. On average it isn't bad since it is kind of Spammy with how fast Supercharges are generated. I'd ask for a small buff to close gaps in boss fights and make a dot type build more rewarding.

3b. Supercharges: Circuit Breaker
    This is a 100% supercharge but it doesn't feel justified of that cost. I really gain more out of Megavolt than this SC.. it doesn't feel awesome. I think Circuit Breaker and I'm like.. holy sh*t I'm boutta wreck sh*t out dis b*tch.. only to be disappointed and it be like... yeah I'm only tickling a boss.
    If this could become a 50% inclusive buff to power and weapon damage... it would make me feel so much more super and I'd be sayin... get rekt ***** to bosses and opponents.

4. Self Buff
    Please consider making the weapon buff last the entire cooldown and make it a 25% precision buff.

That's all for now. ^.^
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.