Stats Revamp: Electricity 1.2

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inferno Loyal Player

Electric Dps; specced into 10 sp on each criticals and the rest 147 into power points. Using arc lightning, wired, electrocute and tesla ball for my base damage and then Electroburst for the big damage. . Hand blaster is the weapon. Maintaining my cr at 173 using the vendor gear.

I was testing this on the Artemis mission and the duo in AF3 and I have to say that compared to my experience with my Lightning dps on live at 173, the combat is much better and stronger. I had more power at my disposal and the damage was hitting better and faster than it had been for my Live toon. Basically, I just dump all 4 powers initially, go through a weapon rotation to get regen of power until tesla ball is cooled down. On boss fights, I hit Electroburst when available. I think right now this build is comparable to any fight my Elec dps at 184 on Live can tackle.

I tried different builds: speccing 147 sp in might or precision and although the might based was slightly faster in damage, I always ended up with very little power, almost gasping for it. I think this build would be better off with alerts or raids.

Later if I have the time I want to try out the other lightning powers also the heals.
  2. L T Devoted Player

I agree. It's not really useful as-is. My (alternate) suggestions to fix/improve it:
    • Make it like arc lightning, so that it heals and damages in both roles. In DPS stance, put the aura on yourself and the targeted enemy. Maybe make it work that way in Healer Stance also.
    • Add back the electro-charge pi, and make it refreshed (but not increased) by electroburst. So for long fights you could keep the DOT/HOT going cheaply.
    I didn't like it because the extra damage didn't seem to process to often. Love the idea of making it electrify nearby targets.
    • Like x 1
  3. L T Devoted Player

Since my original post I've done a lot more testing. I haven't messed with the Gadgets supercharges yet, but Megavolt is at least in-line with Atomic's. When I initially looked at it it seemed to hit 8 times, but now when I test it consistently hits 12 times (Did things die in my earlier test and I didn't notice it or is this a stealth buff?).
    It does about double the damage of Voltaic Bolt over its duration, and all its ticks get buffed by a trinket or if you use a supply drop before you cast it. It's not as miserable as I'd originally thought... but it's still not great. Unlike Gadgets and mental, you can't hide it in stealth and get a super damage boost in doing so.
    Circuit Breaker is only a 50% supercharge, but other than that you're spot on. As is, it should be a 15-25% supercharge. If Power Damage gets affected by it, it should be a 25-35% supercharge. As is, or even if you add in extra power damage, it's not nearly as good as form changes like Ice Elemental.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yeah. Typo on that one! Sorry ^.^
    That's interesting so Megavolt is at least comparable to Atomic's SC. Yay we're not total losers! ^.^

And I pretty much agree with the post above too.
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

just giving some angel food for thought yo Spord and u had a general comment. Right now, it feels like power back in bugged in higher tiers. I decided to test some T2 and T3 solos last night because I only got to T1 in the initial revamp. Playing those lower tiers was much more fun. Some of the boss fights had a bit of challenge, but do to the healing barrels, they were not undoable. I remember back in the day Power Girl would kick my butt.

Playing the lower content was not unenjoyable. It is nice I don't have to use four abilities to set up my maximum damage DoT. I understand what this revamp is trying to accomplish. Electricity had a very restrictive loadout and scheme for spending your Power Point for the AM. So some of the changes are positive. However, many testers are agreeing that power back seems to be bugged at higher tiers.

As others have stated, part of the reason why Electricity and other powers suffer is due to the secondary loadouts/form changes that have added benefit. This is why we feel Electricity should yield top damage.

So while I am currently not in love with Electricity right now, I hope that the power return is looked at to make sure it is working as intended. Once there is confirmation, then I can better make up my mind.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.