Advance to CR100! Happy 6th Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This new "gift " doesn't seem to help the issue with people who have no sp unless it also boosts SP. Just imagine running with 100 CR player with 15 SP. I think that a better gift could've been like 15 million in game, 3 stabilizers or something like that.
    • Like x 1
  2. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

All the hard work i put in to get 88lvl gear by grinding hella for Marks of Triumph, and 100cr / 60sp.... can now be purchased.... thanks.
    • Like x 3
  3. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

well. the good. old school players will like this. new players will like it also. and new players will be even worse players, then they are now...woohoo...
    • Like x 2
  4. Cozminot Level 30

I understand with "stats matter" is on the horizon so this update is to catch newer players up. The CR push I can understand but why give them free SP's? Many of those that were given for free were done by veteran players that spent hours, days and months to get them by grinding. Some of this feels like a slap in the face to those older players who spent the time to play the game. I'm disappointed by this update. In my opinion the devs have never broken the game for me I am loyal to the end.
    • Like x 3
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

Certainly you may have ground out the marks to progress as I typically do with my alts but let's be honest here anyone with one friend to carry them can get to CR100 with little to no effort in a matter of hours so this is hardly a new concern. If this provides a decent revenue stream for DB that in turn means that they feel less inclined to leverage boxes and such then I'm all for it.
  6. Sooner Well-Known Player

Gotta say, this is actually a gift that I can use. 100 gets two of my 16 alts past that stinking Gotham Wasteland dlc that I hate. :) It sure beats a style, trinket, etc. that's basically useless in game.

I knew there was a reason i don't play STO anymore. Guess you now have to go buy some extra ship slots now. :)
  7. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

Thanks!! That helped.
  8. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

So, I only had one person I would advance, my Elec Heal that I am waiting for Stats Matter to try again. I decided to make a Munitions Controller just to see the 100 CR advance from 0.

DON'T open the Supplies box! It is all the enhancer junk you just delete anyway and 24 soders. A waste of space.

Gear box: Role selectable Traces in Time gear.

Feats
    Legends PVE: None
    Bases: None
    General: All the General non-category. 1 token of merit. No races or collections.
    Solo: No contacts, no Trigon Event, 172 missions completed (no 250), but get everything else.
    R&D: 100 salvaged, 5000 gathered, Soder Machine
    Styles: 73 collected (Some is the starting gear), Traces in Time (Starting Gear), and I got biker for free because I took it all in creation. =P
    PvP: Level 5 Initiate
    Duos: EVERYTHING!
    Alerts: EVERYTHING!
    Raids: EVERYTHING!
    Renown: None.... seriously. You can't even buy from your own faction vendors. /sigh, this was an issue in buy 25 too. They need to drop at least 50 of each on you so you can buy at safe houses!
    Seasonal: None? (Was not in a season, so not 100% sure if this is fixed. Buy 25 got you NOTHING from Halloween and Fall even though it says it does.)
    Episodes: The Last Laugh, Pest Control, 100 goons in the Assault HQ PvP arenas.
    Nothing else.

With Biker and Traces in Time I am at 85/100 of the 61 SP. If I do the Instructional missions to get my base I should get that and have 61 SP for nothing. So still, yo are SP shy for being CR100, but for a noob I think I had about 85-90 by then. So not terrible. If you have replay tokens you can really boost things up.

Sadly, I think this finished 3 or 4 can now reply on my 188 main!

Looking deeper, I also go a ton of styles and titles added from other parts of this. Probably all the feats.

I got 3230 cash, so... limited lair choices. Oh, and NO MoV. So... all those missions that give MoV that you have marked as completed, you do NOT get the MoV. That blows out any chance of actually doing something with the toon until you do a bunch more to get the MoV you missed. By now, you really should have gotten a couple hundred MoV. Sure, some of it would be burned on items you would have discarded, but seriously? A pack of random MoV styes would have at least made up for that. Then give the person like 50 to 75 MoV so they can get their base up and running.

A raid rolled league member will have a ton more MoV than that. So will anyone that works up.
    • Like x 1
  9. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Nah, don`t think so. I think some players should try other mmos though. People think that a mmo is define by dcuo.
    • Like x 1
  10. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I actually tried to answer your questions, you didn't like my answers.

The devs have a product that they want to unveil and we can guess the timing of the release of said item (because it could have been done earlier, in theory) based off of events that are happening in the game. You don't like the answers because my name is not enveloped in green (although you're probably not going to get one of them to directly answer you either) and/or you just disagree with them.

Regardless of the why you dislike the answers I have, I doubt you will get the answers you seek and therefore all i can do is wish you well., which is what I tried to do.
  11. Ringz Dedicated Player

Not the threads fault that the devs made the game easy and created the players we have now. But if we gonna get rid of tutorial levels, might as well get rid of learning the game right :p.
  12. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Um, I had no clue what I was doing. CR went up like mad. Heck, I never got to the room most times or died once I got in and was locked out of the bos fight.... but still got the drops thanks to the people that were 50 to 100 CR over the instance crushing EVERYTHING!

Heck, one time I went to Prime Battlegound to get one (?) clicked. Did not get that because nobody would help me drop the shield... but the party wiped in 30 seconds, so I soloed the thing when people said they would help me after to get it. Nope. No help. They took their loot and left. And I still don't know the game or what I am doing a lot of the time... but I have 188 CR!

I "got" gear but did little to nothing. High CR people did all the work and, even if you don't equip the gear, your CR shoots up from the instant you get the drops.
  13. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Can I ask when you started playing FF XIV? Did you start playing before or after Heavensward.

The reason why I bring it up is FFXIV actually has done this. After all the game only works if they entice you to sub (granted they have a cash shop, and some of the items in their are nifty but everything is single use, which makers parts of dcuo's marketplace slightly better). When you get one of the realm reborn jobs to 45 and fifty they give you 90 gear which you use to grind for. Also once you're done with the initial game and continue onto the main scenario that leads to heavensward they give you gear as you go so that you can progress to the next level.

Granted you have to work for it and invest time but time factors different in a game like ffxiv but they do at the end of the day allow you to "skip" things. Granted that are huge "incentives" if you don't but that's another story.
  14. Kayla El Committed Player

Well at this point it's pretty much over for me and maybe i'll come back if they remove these time capsules and release cosmetic items as direct purchases without feats attached to them on the marketplace but it's more likely that they will shut down the servers before doing that so i guess me coming back is not gonna happen. Love the game but hate what it is becoming and it's really sad because it had a lot of potential but got ruined very quickly by a very bad business model.
    • Like x 4
  15. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Yes, I think Stats Matter will help a lot of issues. As for my SP, I have been working on that. 115 last I checked. Still, pushing out CR on people is not nessisarily going to help keep the game alive. I think it will burn some people out faster, which means less $$$ for Daybreak, not more. People whine abut CR but this sort of CR booster should have come after SM, not before. Or they could have done a fix to Buy 25 to make it add more SP, MoV, and Faction. Again, fix what they have rather than toss out some new bit of junk.
  16. Ringz Dedicated Player

Soooo, are you saying we should make a skip to cr token 150 ? :confused:
  17. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

How can you even question the skill point gains? With stats matter coming you need to take in account (especially if you have new members using this feature) that folks need to have a "stick to stand on" in order to "survive" when that comes out.

Also, from my understanding it just unlocks skill points that you naturally would have earned "anyways" on the way to cr 100 so what are they truly taking away.
  18. darkscarletx Loyal Player

They also created a progression and story that is meaningless from beginning to last tier.
    This game push me away even more because this ''gift'' just show how the game is so unbalanced.
    Getting gears in this game is like picking peanuts on the ground. I don`t find myself participating in the game but just following without any enjoyement.
    Dcuo is really apart from all mmos in the world as others wouldn`t have to gift a skip to 100cr so people have fun. The fun should be from when you start. It is in these moments i am glad we have other mmos like ffxiv and Teso. I play dcuo time to time just for the reason it is a superhero game and my family and wife. But actually play is boring. My fun is gone from this game until they make it more balanced.
  19. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

I don't know why this is so hard for DBG to understand...people don't like what they are doing. so, that stop playing, or just don't ever start. word of mouth. so this is what they come up with to get more people to play...??? I don't get it.
    • Like x 1
  20. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

I opened my Ice character last week or earlier this week and I had 2 PP and 1 SP, I think or something like that...when I skipped him to 100 just now...I only had 59 SP. So if some of you got 61...yay for you. I just think that if people were going to be skipped to 100, the great thing (and subconsciously instilling the importance of SP) would've been if we got 100 SP, IMO. Cause people would've thought "oh my SP should be at around my CR". I mean to see people with 188 CR and 64 SP is hilarious and usually they blame the healer, tanks, and trolls for not doing their jobs. LMFAO
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.