An Unstable Guide to Atomic

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Snix, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Besides the clipping, you might be getting smashed in the trash add fights and when the other players use a supercharge. On adds, the powers that can beat you are Mental/Gadgets, Sorcery/Earth, and Ice. Supercharges, if the powers are Munitions, Ice, or Earth/Sorcery....then you will get smashed. Aside from that i can't think of any other reason.

At least you can parse similarly to Mental/Gadgets against bosses with the perfect clips. At the moment I'm trying to figure out a way of competing against something like adds.
  2. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Alright here are the parses generated after my tests. Mind you, this is just tests to compare damage potential. Potential doesn't always translate to real time success. There are more factors than just parses. But nevertheless this is the best way to compare controlled damage potential. At the end of the day it seems that Snix, Roomba, and Dogico all were correct with combos being better for sustained DPS.

Live Test:

Power = Atomic
    CR = 126
    Might = 10426 (with Escalating Might)
    Enemies = the 3 Sparring Dummies (League Hall)
    Time = 300 seconds (30 samples of 10 second parses)
    Damage goals = 35500 / 30000 / 25500 : melee / mid-range / long-range

Melee

Rotation 1 (Geiger Blast 1234)
    Loadout: Thermochemical Explosion, Beta Surge, Nuclear Burst, Geiger Blast, Atom-Powered Assault
    Melee average: 37,913.6 LINK

Rotation 2 (Full Combo, Tap x2 and clip)
    Loadout: Thermochemical Explosion, Atom Splitter, Atom-Powered Assault
    Melee average: 37,572.5 LINK

Rotation 3 (Roomba Combo, Tap x1 and clip Tapx2)
    Loadout: Thermochemical Explosion, Beta Surge, Atom-Powered Assault
    Melee average: 38,522.4 LINK

Rotation 4 (Snix Combo, Tap x1 and clip each of the taps)
    Loadout: Thermochemical Explosion, Beta Surge, Nuclear Burst, Atom-Powered Assault
    Melee average: 39,160 LINK

Mid-range

Rotation 1 (Geiger Blast 1234)
    Loadout: Thermochemical Explosion, Beta Surge, Nuclear Burst, Geiger Blast, Atom-Powered Assault
    Mid-range average: 30,438.2 LINK

Loadout: Thermochemical Explosion, Atom Splitter, Atom-Powered Assault
    Mid-range average: 31,254.5 LINK

Loadout: Thermochemical Explosion, Beta Surge, Atom-Powered Assault
    Mid-range average: 34,846.4 LINK

Rotation 4 (Snix Combo, Tap x1 and clip each of the taps)
    Loadout: Thermochemical Explosion, Beta Surge, Nuclear Burst, Atom-Powered Assault
    Mid-range average: 34,766.7 LINK

Range

Rotation 1 (Geiger Beam 1234)
    Loadout: Neutron Bomb, Beta Surge, Nuclear Burst, Geiger Beam, Atom-Powered Assault
    Range average: 26,718.2 LINK

Loadout: Beta Surge, Nuclear Burst, Atom-Powered Assault
    Range average: 26,655 LINK

Loadout: Beta Surge, Nuclear Burst, Atom-Powered Assault
    Range average: 27,289.8 LINK

Here are Mental parses for comparison. Testing parameters for anyone looking to replicate the tests as well.
  3. Rokyn Dedicated Player

So ummm yeah. We can throw out everything I just said. The first page will have to be updated. Wow.

I think Snix might also come back with this so I might have to give the reins back to him. I'm also curious what they do with Earth, since that was my original power. And Rage might look fun again :p
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I hope he comes back

I'm curious with earth too as you know I'm a big earth fan and if jack hammer dpsing is viable I'd really debate going back ...however I really like atomic and will like it more if (let's hope to god if) the damage on all powers are balanced pretty even... I won't feel as useless in raids and alerts when I'm getting smashed in damage also...

I really really really hope that they return this game to be more of a balanced group effort rather then a dps fest... I had more fun back in the day when there were at least two trolls and healers and only 3 dps or even 2.. And 2 tanks it was just a way better group environment more people helping each other out... The one dps not doing anything but damage was called out on it.. And I dunno just I guess I'm nostalgic for the old days haha
  5. Snix Dedicated Player

I'll probably come back and play some time in the distant future. Currently busy working 7 days a week for 12 hours. Literally no time for gaming.
    • Like x 1
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

I can't wait to see atomic after the changes. I wonder if there will be any reason at all for activating the aura in dps stance with no am bonus
  7. xD25x Dedicated Player

Snix!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'm on the fence on those although I'd love to not have to worry about the aura at the same time I like that it could act as a pi rather then having to spread the pi making it a self pi means you don't have to worry about spreading it around ... That said atomic has virtually no dot I think two powers do dot the self dot (similar to bitter winds) and the single target one....

Using that self dot tho will be awesome to use there will be lots of atomic powers I can't wait to start using actually
  9. The Anxient Loyal Player

Yeah it's too bad they only gave atomic the dazed pi.I know we can share it with several other powers but it would be cool to have something unique
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

I'm assuming the Might buff and crit buffs will probably stay, so that would probably make it worth using.
  11. The Anxient Loyal Player

Will also depend on how exactly they change power regen. Might be too much of a tax on trolls to constantly combos.
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I sure hope not that's part of the fun of atomic...

Last night I was checking out some of the other powers I've never used on atomic..som look pretty cool and some just seem really generic haha

Like the dot aura it looks so cool that will be fun to use in a melee situation...

Fracture hits the targets around your target .. It's the move similar to quantums teleport only it does damage and looks real cool while doin it ..that would be fun to use if the damage is good enough would be fun to lunge in with that doing damage to the targets around them...

They have a move that looks like the gadgets I think it's their fear gas move?... It hits all 8 of the sparring targets and spreads the dazed pi... If this applied a 3 or 4 tick dot that would be nice since again .. We don't really have anything that puts down dot.. Other then the single target pi move which 3 ticks... And the dot aura....

The "burst move" I don't know the name of any of these moves but this looks like it's intended for a wm combo as it is now... Is a nice aoe burst attack.. It hits pretty hard right now but no where near as hard as the combos and 1234 obviously...

The two damage super charages are alright... The best is the big aoe dot pi spreader... Again can't remember the name of any of these abilities you guys could figure them out though I'm sure...

However with all this said..I think I'll have more fun with atomic as a tank after this update... As I'll be keeping up with the dps pretty good hopefully as I am now... And maybe not have to have both tank and dps gear for duos as I'll keep up with the he damage and hopefully the power regen is enough that makes it not as difficult to tank and manage power in take.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I hope with all of the changes the hybrid tanking does not suffer. Been working hard on him, and modded. That's a lot for me. :) I am working to see how much damage I can do, while not letting the tanking side suffer.
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

Seems like from the development discussion that it will be even more viable since the damage gap between dps and support will be much smaller. Sure that there will be a new learning curve and some adjustments to be made though
  15. Snix Dedicated Player

Yeah, I can see Atomic Battle Tanks becoming more popular in statics.
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

17. The Anxient Loyal Player

Apparently atomic isn't all that popular with new/learning players
  18. Nemesir Well-Known Player

I totally agree and thank god for it ;)
  19. Seethra Well-Known Player

And here I am as a newbee looking at and considering Atomic since it looks flashy and seems like an interesting power!
  20. Pults Loyal Player

It's not for everyone. I got bored of it in a week.
    Best choice would be to test it out on test server and then make a decision. Seems like the better option instead of paying $10 to test it and another $10 if you decide that it isn't for you.