And the lag spikes are back....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by light FX, Dec 6, 2016.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

...same as from the weekend. Me and multiple people experiencing it all at the same time in the last hour or so. Wish we could get an answer to whats going on. Cause it seems to be server wide.
    • Like x 3
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

*starts handing out EU recruitment flyers* :p

Hope it gets fixed for you guys over there. Playing the game with server lag is just awful.
    • Like x 2
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

4. light FX Steadfast Player

So posting again to confirm its still going on an hour later :( And again some explanation on this sure would be great.
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

Took me about 3 months of complaining about the server lag spikes and frame rate drops us PS4 users were getting on EU servers till they actually tried fixing the problem. Hope it gets fixed soon for you guys ;)
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What instances/regions are you seeing this in, specifically?
  7. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

The game is having terrible lag spikes and causing disconnects that cause tanks being unable obtain agro on bosses this is happening to many players not just mine and it just seems like nothing is being done about it as it clearly continues to happen over and over days on end.

Mission and or Zones that seem to replicate this lag ( DWF, Blackest Night, Brainiacs Bottle Ship , PVP Belle Reve ) and sure many other not listed that other players can post below and as well give any extra details that was overlooked or missed.

Connection Type: 100MB 4MS Ping Jitter Zero tested using Playstation 4
    Also tested on 1 GB Private internet connection running windows 10 using a i7 Cpu with 16 GB Ram 2GB Video
  8. G-PRYME Active Player

I Was Having Lag In Both Oly And Gom And Ut And Just Running Around Watchtower
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Can you also clarify exactly what you are seeing?
    • Rubberbanding (players/npcs move, stop moving or coast, then bounce back into position)
    • FPS drops (poor framerate, constant or intermittent)
    • Something else?
  10. G-PRYME Active Player

Had Rubberbanding In Gom And UT FPS Drops In Watchtower
  11. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I had a team experience it in UT. It didn't last long, but we were all saying, "Whoa, did you just lag?" and it was everyone on the team.

Edit: Everything stopped except our own toon, then when it finished everyone jumped to a new spot. So I saw my own toon move while everything else stopped completely, then all the other toons jumped when it ended. My teammates each saw their own toon move, but everyone else freeze.
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm getting brief moments where everything freezes and then catches up again real fast.

mostly in af3 stuff, the alert and the open world areas.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thank you for the reports and the specifics. We will continue to investigate.
  14. Morsy808 Committed Player

I've had it for the last 2 days in various instances. Has happened in seasonal, inner sanctum, watchtower duo, olympus, underworld trials and open world.

NPC's stop dead, I can still run around, or if in middle of power, sound effects carry on and on and then everything catches up in one second. Loads of hit markers all at once.

Does not happen on any other game I play online either. Only DC.
  15. VV Dedicated Player

RUBBER BANDING. A lot of it.
  16. Korvyne Committed Player

Had this "rubberbanding" happen in kct just before 2nd boss fight last night and ut entering medusa fight almost every time I've ran it.
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

For me it was outdoors in Gotham around 12 Midnight Eastern time. I had just come from doing some bounty hunting in Metropolis and everything was fine. Got to Gotham and was hunting Capt. Boomerang near Amusement Mile and at times it was like watching a movie one frame at a time. Eventually cleared up but even doing something as simple as flying around was super slow.. Like trying to fly through MUD.
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

I have seen it literally everywhere. It started on friday and continued through the weekend. Seem to be gone on monday but came back today. There was a thread about it on saturday. And ive had multiple people from multiple leagues in our voice chat all seeing it too. I ran both olympus and gods&monsters and both groups saw it through the entire raid. Was 2 different groups of people too. Ive seen it in the solo, duo, alert, open world and raids. All AF3 content. Also saw it inside and outside of the seasonal. I havent been running any old content. But every person i know ingame experienced it in the last week and quite a few people on here. I will try and find the other thread and link it in this post.

Here is the other thread mepps. There was a 2nd one too titled holy lagg batman or something like that.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/disappointing-service.281864/ Id say rubberbanding is the best way to describe it. Enemies would freeze and so would everyone else and take no dmg for 4-5 seconds then bounce back and catch up really fast. I didnt have powers staying red until today. In the solo and alert a few times today the rubberbanding happened and powers stayed red. Over the weekend just rubberbanding.
  19. Craven Green Loyal Player

Ran OLY and GOM last night around 10pm EST and characters freezing every 30 seconds when come into contact with any adds or in boss fight. Everyone would freeze for approx. 3-5 seconds then everything would speed back up.
  20. Gimpy Loyal Player