Work In Progress Development Update: Episode 27 Gear and Progression

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

LOL, IKR......................we are where we started before GU 47. o_O

The least DCUO could do then is to totally drop marks relevancy.

Maybe the players need this #RemoveMarksRelevancyNOW :)
    • Like x 1
  2. eanur Well-Known Player

Ok so simple question:

We do all the content and get the Legendary gear from the vendor so we have enough gear to do the elite raids. We then get renown from completing those elite raids which we can use to buy elite gear but the elite raids don't need the elite gear because we have already done them with legendary vendor gear. So is the incentive of buying the elite gear worth it when no content that requires it?
    • Like x 1
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Sooo, what is the drop rate for coins going to be vs vendor cost per set.

Will it be designed similarly to the crafting system we have with few coins gained needing a lot to purchase the gear.

Do like the idea either way, just curious.
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Hoping the OP collections are a direct reward to your inventory. That would be so much better. Idky they didnt explain how that works. Only reason i can is why they wouldnt explain it is because its how collection work already and there isnt a need to explain because we all know how collections work ingame already.
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea i picked up on this too. It really doesnt make any sense imo. Like ya said if people can complete the elite content w/out elite gear then what do we need elite gear for.
  6. Eddevil Well-Known Player

I think its all pointing towards Stats Matters update. Vendor Elite gear being the strongest in game means you will be able to beat Elite Raid more easily as compared to when you did it with Normal Vendor gear or purple dropped gear. Thats what I think this is all about. Also people will have something to target for even after completing Normal Vendor gear or Normal raids.
    • Like x 1
  7. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Incredible DEV'S. Thank You....Thank You,......Thank You.....#DCUOTOTHEGRAVE
    • Like x 2
  8. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Yes, yes, yes I am acknowledged!:D I'm like totally excited about the new direction of DCUO! Thank you Dev's and to all who made this possible:cool:
    Main Avatar: Future Kal 175 CR 223 SP Power Ice DPS/TANK. USPC Meta Hero.League: USPC :Justice League 3001, Future DC Legends, Leader.
    USPS: Superboyistic 152 CR 146 SP Ice DPS/TANK.
    Alts Include: Guardian El, Guardian Kal, Future Blurr, Kid Superboyistic, Lantern Kal, Kal Starchild, Future Superboyistic,, Clarky Kent, and Super Spaceboy, Quantum Kal, and Superboyistic.
  9. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

I am absolutely amazed by this Episode. I have been retired for over a year, maybe 2. And I am definetly coming back in November. I already bought two $50 PSN cards ready for membership and Replay Badges. DCUO here I come
    • Like x 2
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

Omnipotence Gear through ingame money? Devs, I really like the Idea of getting a tiny bit rid of the randomness of OP gear but this is kinda weird. First thing I'm gonna do is purchase all the stuff needed for OP gear...not cool.

My suggestion: Put a limitation like with the renown vendors on the OP gear. Only people with maximum renown with the "AF III faction" can wear it.
    That way you at least make sure that the ones wearing it have actually achieved it.

Just my 2 cents.
    • Like x 1
  11. Supreme Magnus New Player

12. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Stats are going to determine how strong your toon is after CR Relevance is trashed. So just like how now you see ppl replay content to get OP items, you'll see them do it for a stronger toon and then OP items too. If it were staying as it is now you'd be correct, there'd be no point really. Another reason why the stats change update is important.
  13. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

You have to purchase a full set of gear before you have access to the collection pieces for op gear. You can't use the renown for people to be able to wear it because op gear is supposed to be available to everyone. If you attach renown to it than it will only be for those who can complete elite content, which some will argue that's how it should be, but that's not what it was designed for.
  14. Caroline Dedicated Player

I can't wait !
    • Like x 1
  15. Ichiro Loyal Player

Questions

does renown get loot locked?

Do you earn renown by completing the elite episode or just by beating a boss? i.e can players just farm first boss for the renown

How much renown is earned per a run or per a boss? How much does it take to get the vendor to open? Does renown reset after purchase or is the vendor open forever for that episodes elite gear?

Omnipotent items - maybe the wording is confusing but do we need to complete 2 collections to get one item or is it one collection per an item meaning we can get 2? is it the same item in each collection?
  16. iClip Committed Player

It's sounds super exciting, operative word: SOUNDS. I'll make my full judgement when it hits live
    • Like x 1
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, it is available for currency on the vendor.
    • Like x 2
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well you have my idea, you have the pure-luck-for-best-gear-idea and you have their idea. But none of them are real good ones. And yes, you need to have a full set of gear to drop the collections but you don't need it to purchase them on the broker. And didn't they say this will be a thing?
    And this is my problem. "Purchasing the best gear with ingame cash". Doesn't this sound wrong to you?
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All content, but each content/boss drops different pieces.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Scraps are not a thing in this episode. Numbers are still being determined.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.