Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

What else would they do besides that though? Just spam random powers until the red thing dies? I think clipping DPS will make a comeback.
  2. Streven Dedicated Player

RIP alts. Welcome the new era of elitist snobbery.
    • Like x 2
  3. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

I had mentioned earlier, as well as other people regarding the ability to add and remove skill points without having to reset the whole thing. Will this be looked at?
    • Like x 3
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's what gear and style unlocking will be for :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It's not worth speculating until it's on test to play. You will have different stats, and NPCs will have different stats. Focusing on what is being changed on the one side of that equation without focusing on what is changed on the other doesn't make a ton of sense.
    • Like x 10
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Certainly not in this update.
    • Like x 1
  7. Roocck Committed Player

This cant be right. So what you are saying is Example:
    Top 1 rows have a max of 20 Skill Points per option.
    2nd row is 40 SP per option
    Bottom has a max of 170 skill points per option
    So would the total be 170 or 230 skill points to max out one weapon tree?
  8. Pults Loyal Player

It's beyond dull.
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

[quote="Mepps, post: 3810463, member: 6".[/quote]

Couple questions

1.) modding is there any talk in reducing the amount of bits needed to make a mod to something s little less daunting and standardize it so that it's the same tier after tier ? Like going back to the t4 or t5 era and the amount of bits and materials it takes to make a mod as those were still rather high but less daunting then what we have today

2.) if I remember correctly in the stream you guys specifically stated old school clipping and jump canceling will not be viable again am I correct will this be and is it intended to be a damage loss of people try to sneak in clips ?

3.)when yoj say raids are going to be longer is it not just because adds have more health but also they hit harder making it harder to complete a raid or alert with out a fully balanced group and any deviation from that makes the instance harder or more challenging ?

4.) is making every power set mobile an option at some point in the future obviously not for this update but in an update in the not so distant future ? Mobility helps all
    Roles and would be a great addition to this game

5.) not a question but more of a piggy back on yo the thread I made last night please please please consolidate the damage stat into one stat that way it's easier on you guys to balance crystal, combos, and damage tray powers along with weapon attacks
    • Like x 1
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

And waiting for a loading bar play out is better?
  11. Streven Dedicated Player

You are not understanding what's actually going on here. They are changing every number in the game. All previous Power Balance issues are being thrown out the window. They are literally throwing the baby out with the bathwater. There's no telling what powers will be good what powers will be bad after this update. Their goal of course would be to keep everything balanced but knowing this community nothing is going to make anybody happy.
    • Like x 1
  12. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

I have a question on jump cancel:
    Will you guys consider enabling JC gain? Please!

And a question about Mental:
    Will you guys change Mental back to how it was before it got its Advanced Mechanic?
  13. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

idk about that but you need to fix that sign of yours js ;)
  14. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

How do you figure 400?
  15. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

You mad, peasant lol.

Joking, but seriously how is playing the game "all the way" elitist?

Do you buy games, play them halfway and stop?
  16. Pults Loyal Player

It's risky, and the player needs to either take the gamble or use flame cascade. You need a lot more situational awareness with fire than you'll ever need with ice. Same thing applies to tanking, one just keeps rotating shields and the other needs to play with counters and taking advantage of situations where your target is countered.
    • Like x 3
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

230 actually, 60 for crits, 170 for the stat your seeking (might, prec ect)
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Couple questions

1.) modding is there any talk in reducing the amount of bits needed to make a mod to something s little less daunting and standardize it so that it's the same tier after tier ? Like going back to the t4 or t5 era and the amount of bits and materials it takes to make a mod as those were still rather high but less daunting then what we have today

2.) if I remember correctly in the stream you guys specifically stated old school clipping and jump canceling will not be viable again am I correct will this be and is it intended to be a damage loss of people try to sneak in clips ?

3.)when yoj say raids are going to be longer is it not just because adds have more health but also they hit harder making it harder to complete a raid or alert with out a fully balanced group and any deviation from that makes the instance harder or more challenging ?

4.) is making every power set mobile an option at some point in the future obviously not for this update but in an update in the not so distant future ? Mobility helps all
    Roles and would be a great addition to this game

5.) not a question but more of a piggy back on yo the thread I made last night please please please consolidate the damage stat into one stat that way it's easier on you guys to balance crystal, combos, and damage tray powers along with weapon attacks[/quote
    Sorry for the double post but my
    Post didn't quite correctly above
  19. CyrusXavier9584 Level 30

if you listened to all of it and read the dev discussion notes you would see that supports roles will be doing more damage also no more will dps be doing 4-10 times more damage then support roles. dps may be doing less damage but everyone will be doing more
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Support will only seem like they're doing more damage because DPS will have their AM and Midrange cut from them, making the gap between DPS and support damage a lot smaller. I don't recall them saying support roles will be getting a buff in damage necessarily.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.