Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

That's what I'd like to know. I really don't want to go back to oldschool clipping. I liked the from the tray design. I think a lot of comes down to how they handle the power regen changes.
    • Like x 4
  2. TheAnticipated Well-Known Player

How does this affect the current abilities that were created specifically for the AMs within the powersets? Such as Munitions as an example - what happens with Killer Instincts and Survival if the damage modifiers are being removed? Does that mean I will no longer be forced to have a glowing "rambo inspired" headband on me at all times?
  3. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

Buffs will likely act the same way, only without the modifier. Killer Instinct will still be viable for max damage potential.
  4. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Is there any way we can get all the powers to be mobile? One of the things I love about Fire, and Munitions is that I am constantly working on my positioning WHILE doing my attacks. I know that it is part of their AM but if those are going away is there any chance that all powers can get the mobility aspect added to them?

If the answer is No then that is fine I would appreciate a reason behind it.
    If the answer is a Maybe that would be great and I would be curious to know how much work it would entail.
    If the answer is Yes.....great :)
  5. Heal up 96 Level 30

pretty sure they're removing natures a.m. because that just made up4 not being able to use weapon mastery to get reduced power from using a move but now that is gone so it will have no am along with all the rest of the powers.
  6. VariableFire Loyal Player

But there's nothing that can be touched on. The problem is in how the game treats the four roles in the first place. Nothing in the livestream indicated that would change. If anything, a step backwards was intimated with the emphasis on trollers and their "blue bar" healing. This is not a new problem. It existed before WM. The increased damage may have brought it to the forefront but it was always there.

Along with the kicking for more burn, despite what timer whiners claim.
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

some powers you cant do that with as their combo based powers only way to be mobile with them is jumping around while doing combo's. Its the same for non-combo powers as that dont have the mobility AMs currently.
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

My bad, I thought "compound" and wrote "combo." They share the first 3 letters and all.
  9. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I know how it is currently but I do not think any of the powers combo or not require you to use the direction pad to pull off the combo or power. So letting us use it to walk should be doable without effecting any of the powers. However I do know that some of the weapon attacks use the directional pad for a move...dual pistols is one.
  10. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Sorry if this has been addressed already:

Are the dovetails going to be looked at for powers again or will we still be unable to clip certain powers?

Is there a possibility we can see a few of the old animations that were taken out to accommodate this?

Will channeled powers gain a boost in damage being as they take longer?

Are we back to the times where damage modifiers matter again, or should we still pick the Max Damage mod?
  11. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

You are complaining about hindsight. Yes we can all see the wrongs of what was done now but when any of the changes were new, we couldn't known how things would go.

At the time changes were made those changes were thought to be advancing the game and many of the changes were things that were taken from player suggestions.

I was not a fan of many changes over the years (many of the things you mentioned actually), so I'm not defending anything. All I said was at the time nothing was wasted because that's the path they were on. We can now look back and think things were a waste but that's an after the fact look at it.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll have more information about any ability-specific changes closer to the launch on test.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

1. No.
    2. No.
    3. Damage and animation time should be consistent across abilities.
    4. Damage modifiers on abilities will be removed entirely, and max damage will be changed to add a small percentage buff to your damage. We talked about this a bit in the livestream, and will share more once we're closer to test.
    • Like x 3
  14. Ichiro Loyal Player

Just a few contradictory items from the live stream

They are removing Am and WM damage because with that much damage NPC's died too fast. Then they are going to increase the health of NPC's. Why, you just nerfed everyone's damage potential. This just sounds like the large health pools low damage potential we dealt with in HOP 1 that no one liked when it was released.

They are opening every power up so there is more variety and you can play your way with your own play style. Except if your play style was using your AM or WM with power regen then you need to conform to the new system. So how is this play my way with my own play style?

skills will matter but if you are doing things perfectly versus the guy not doing things perfectly the gap between the 2 of you will be closer than it was before to make things more fair for the lesser skill players. Well then how do skills matter. Is the guy doing one hand flip slash with power clipped in going to do the same amount of damage or close to the same damage as the player that just hits tap triangle

No very many people are using AM's and it is not clear how these work so they are just removing them. AM was introduced as the easy way to do damage because weapon power combos were too hard to figure out a few years ago. Now we are removing the easy method for the method that was harder to figure out years ago. And they are taking away the percent modifier on powers and max damage mod to make it even more complicated.
    • Like x 4
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lol at you thinking a grind is slave mentality and that it requires you give all your time to this game to gain an ample amount of sp you can achieve200sp with out slaving away on this game ... Or even giving all your time to this game ... Especially right now when its even easier.

Buts it's the lazy players who didn't want to bother with mods or skill points that made the game in the state it's in .. So if you're partner that crowd congrats you're part of the reason the games population left l.

With that said I do feel like they need to make a standard for how many bits it takes to make bytes and how many bytes it takes to make a mod... Right now if someone doesn't have a loop or is too lazy they will never go farm for the amount of bits it takes to fully mod they need to reduce that to make it not brush a daunting task for the lazy .. I for one have a route it takes me no time to make a single mod but I can see why some don't want to do it
  16. High Troller Loyal Player

There should be a benefit to wearing tank gear if in tank role as well as having vital stats. Having 3600 dom and 11.5k might (saw that just now) at 175 was not a definition of a tank going back a few months.
  17. Streven Dedicated Player

There are no trees anymore. Every single power ability in the game is getting looked at and rebalanced. ALL the numbers are changing. We're gonna have to wait and see what this actually does to power balance.
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

They said in the video that instances should take longer.
    In effect we will be weaker. I believe much weaker; with the lack of AM, WM, and lack of damage modifiers it'll be like a noob fest.
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

In the vid they addressed old school clipping and how it won't be viable in the vid in pretty sherif I remember correctly but you could ask mepps to make certain
  20. Streven Dedicated Player

There are no trees anymore. Every single power ability in the game is getting looked at and rebalanced. ALL the numbers are changing. We're gonna have to wait and see what this actually does to power balance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.