Battle Tanking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nebraxis, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

it would be a mixture of both and yes its viable if you know the environment I have safely battle tanked every raid in the game. but for someone learning I would say that the newest two raids at any given time should be ran with full tank gear on for the team not for your own sake. but for anything lower even brand new alerts dont require full tank gear and can easily be done by your self. put on just enough tank gear to meet the dom requirement then the rest DPS gear. with atomic I run almost everything like that and i do mean almost everything..
    • Like x 2
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

what DPS thats might based is 10k?

Im running without league perks for DPS' and Im at 14,078 :p
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

and people wonder why I dont like battle support roles, because half of em if not 99% of em dont even understand their powers lmao
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

this guy is arguing he knows battle tank :rolleyes:

5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You have SP and probably mods. If you lack SP, have no mods and are leagueless you would be around 11K might or less. So 10K for a tank is closing in on DPS terriority.
    • Like x 1
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

fair enough :)

The days when you were about to hit 10k might or 3k / 4k prec made you feel OP lol

Miss those days tbh :(

I'd trade our current game for our old game even if it meant me going back down to 87sp as long as the current game never saw day light.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I think what he meant was to heal effectively with atomic you have to do damage, spamming combos. So I don't see why battle speccing would hurt if they have to already do damage to be effective. Might as well build on that damage.
  8. Gimpy Loyal Player

Did You mean to quote someone else? I'm not in the conversation about how many or which pieces should be mixed since I'm of the belief the 2 roles would have to be ACTIVE at the same time for both sets of gear to work. You can't be in both roles at the same time.

I don't care what Power Your doing a "battle/role" with.

When You equip gear meant for another Role (unless the Devs have made a huge ninja change in "Tuning") You do not gain any stats from that gear, it equates to not wearing those pieces of gear at all since those pieces "REQUIRE" You to be in a "SPECIFIC" Role to activate Them.

When You have both Role's gear on when in Damage Role the other side is grayed out meaning it isn't active, the same for the other Role, while in that role Damage gear is grayed out meaning it isn't active.

If gear isn't active it is the same as not wearing any gear in those slots.

Would be nice to see a Green Name clarify.
  9. Gimpy Loyal Player

Unless the Devs made a ninja change gear that requires a specific role will not give stats while that Role is not active.

Would be nice to see a Green Name Clarify.
    • Like x 1
  10. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

This is where Black was getting at.

Quark Gluon Aura - Performing any attack (including Power Combo attacks) heals an additional 2% of your max Health. Using Proton Recovery while this aura is active does not affect the burst but doubles the heal over time ticks. The heal from damage done is effectively 340 health/second at CR 105.

So yes, the more damage you do the more heals you will receieve. If you are a pure dom built atomic tank, you are limiting your heals.
  11. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

There's no room for hybrid roles, unless your roleplaying, because you will get kicked.
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yeah I clicked on the wrong name. But your still wrong. ;) check your stats. Example, the other day one of the pieces that fall from the time capsule had no stats, literally none. The CR was there, but no stats. Dps gear when worn by a healer, tank, or troll will benefit you. I don't need a green name to tell me what my eyes see. Log into the game switch to off role. Then put all your Dps gear on. The only thing you'll be missing is the stat that role needs, resto, dom, vit. Now, to play as hybrid you wouldnt want to wear all Dps gear, but enough to have the minimum to do the instance.

Your the one who didn't understand how damage helps atomic healing, so I'm not sure you'll understand this. If you go to Snix's guide and read maybe it will help you.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Last I checked you do get the stats from any gear you can actually wear it doesn't matter whether it's support our dps. Hence why op gear is worn in both roles not just dps.

It isn't that you don't get the stats its that you don't get the desirable stats.

So if you're a tank and wearing dps gear you're not going to get the higher defense and health the tank gear has but you'll get increased might and precision.

That's the whole point about hybriding is finding that balance between dps and tank without derping.

It is the capability of the masses to find that balance that I'm pessimistic about hence why I have a dim view towards it in general and I don't just trust randoms to do it correctly.
    • Like x 1
  14. Streven Dedicated Player

So I'm curious. People say so many things, often just parroting a thought or an idea they've heard from someone else, often not understanding what they're talking about. Also, people are notoriously bad communicators. We say things a certain way that makes sense to us, but then the listeners hear something completely different and take different meanings from what was said. We then leave the conversation thinking we're all on the same page when in fact we have very different ideas in our heads about what was spoken. This results in things like people still thinking dominance affects aggro in some way or people thinking #statsmatter is going to have certain effects on stats based off of assumptions and conjecture when virtually zero information has been given on how that particular update will actually be implemented. Then people come on these forums parroting misinformation and get into arguments often because we simply don't understand each other.

Having said all that, what do you guys actually mean when you say "battle tanking"? I suspect it means very different things to different people.
  15. VV Dedicated Player

Here's something non-controversial,

Go battle tank if:
    1. You can tank properly.
    2. You can keep up with the DPS, thus contributing.
    3. You don't sacrifice ANY tank's obligations.
    4. You don't stress the healer /troll /group.
    5. Have multiple armories for different set ups.

Atomic is the only power that can do this. Only if you have best gear, mods and a lot of sp.

Compromising will waste people's time.
  16. Captain Neos Committed Player

P
    Not necessarily. It's already been said how health and the QGA interact. The amount of damage you do will not modify the strength of your healing, only your max health will determine that.

In short, what matters is actually attacking rather than how hard you will hit.
  17. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Well yes essentially. Still if you're gonna attack, make it count lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. Delta796th Loyal Player

You are both correct, as the big heals you get in Atomic are purely based on DOM (I believe it's 48% of DOM is healed)
    Each attack you do with the combo gives you the small heal. That's why you see 2 green numbers small then BIG
    • Like x 1
  19. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

The smaller one should be from Proton Remedy and that is based on Resto. :)
  20. Delta796th Loyal Player

Proton is a HOT
    Regenerate your damaged tissue by focusing on your own subatomic structure,healing yourself over time.

Most of the big heals come from combos like ThermoChem:
    Tank Role : Molecular Charges reconstitute a portion of your tissue when applied, healing you an amount equal to 48% of your max Dominance.

Tank Role : In the Tank role, your Dominance is increased by 100%. Using super powers increases yourDefense and Toughness by 90% and will attract the attention of enemies causing them to attack you, rather than allies. Also, you gain +3Perception, improving your chances of detecting Stealth using enemies.

Activating your Quark-Gluon Aura provides immunity to control effects for a short time for you and up to 7 group members. While it is active, you gain +15%Control Resistance, +20%Damage Absorption while not Blocking and your attacks heal you for an amount equal to 2% of your max Health.
    • Like x 1