Battle Tanking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nebraxis, Aug 28, 2016.

1. krytine Loyal Player

I think it's we find Sooooo many ppl trying by switching gear and then those players loose focus on there responsibilities. Like I have said before all roles need to be complete roles and need to help do damage
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

ugh! yes.
  3. krytine Loyal Player

And just saying I run with a ton of dps my Atomic does plenty of damage in full tank gear 50 to 70% of the damage of a quality dps I did the same almost the same as a rage tank others did more then me so yes supports can do the damage to help make the raid go easier so they should
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I haven't seen a single good Battle Tank/Healer/Troll.

They usually barely do any DPS.... and do a piss poor job playing their role.

So usually you end up with a weak DPS who barely heals..... or who barely gives power.... or who is very squishy.
    • Like x 4
  5. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Good point, Atomic is officially the 1st pure battle tank though. It literally can beat the controller and healer at damage, and tail the last dps. With its constant damage chaining and crits to stay alive.
    • Like x 2
  6. VV Dedicated Player

Trust me on this one proxy. Atomic battle tanking is like a God tier DPS.

There are multiple occasions on which I had to thank my battle tank buddies for carrying pugs through DWF and KCT.

Oh and HH SM till R4.

You know something is wrong with the group when the highest DPS are 2 tanks - who don't even fumble at tanking.

It's just beautiful.

( Just in case someone says that the DPS are whack - No! All of them have well above 210 SP and fully modded gear, Ice - Gadgets and sorc)
    • Like x 1
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

My Atomic has three armories . TANK .. DPS and .. DPANK lol Okay so its a battle tank of sorts. And yeah what you do is mix X amount of Tank gear with X amount of DPS gear and you wind up with, in my case a DPS that deals les damage BUT lasts a lot longer in combat without dying. Now personally I would NEVER try to TANK anything in that role .. when I have a boss pounding on me I want the best defense and most health I can get. But it can come in handy in some places.. I've used soloing bounties with pretty good effects.. Doc Lite pounded and pounded on me in the Metropolis Battle Zone but couldn't kill me and thanks to the added fire power from the DPS armor I was able to kick his butt a lot faster.

Now as I said on raids and most alerts if I am in tank mode I am in FULL TANK Armor. Nothing frustrated General Zod in the Phantom Zone more than me laughing at him as he tried to hurt me along with Nod and pretty much all the Kryptonian Troops that were supposed to be skipping supplies off.

IF you decide to build one what I did was broke down the armor by CR rating

Chest was Tank .. then legs were DPS
    Head was Tank .. then Shoulders were DPS
    Gloves and boot were tank.. Waist and back were DPS
    mask Tank.. necklace DPS
    and then split the rings one each

After that I'd suggest basing which utility belt and weapon on what you want to do most with your Battle TANK.. you want better damage.. Then go DPS with the weapon and belt. you want more defense .. use the TANK gear in those slots .. or split them. the weapon yields the most toward upping CR so if that's DPS even if the Utility belt is Tank you still have an edge in damage.

NOW . if you'd like a TANK that does a little more damage. The use more TANK gear and only a little DPS. You'll have more defense and health but still have a little more damage out. Once again .. do not attempt to TANK bosses in this mode chances are you will die and you may not be able to hold agro as well so your team mates may as well.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I don't know if you can call skrubs, ppl ;)
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Sorry but **** DPS, if they're getting out DPS'd by a battle tank they're a **** DPS that's just the cold hard reality.

There are some people playing this game that sometimes should do this instead of continuing to play.

[IMG]

Let's face it if you're getting beaten by a "tank" when all you need to do is press 1 2 3 4 5 then you need to start questioning things...

seriously, you do...
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Learn to multi-task LOL. how about the DPS learn to press 1 2 3 4 5 so I don't have to carry them in support role.
  11. metalfenix Committed Player

On that I agree with proxy, if I am out dpsed by a battle-X I would question myself seriously my loadout, rotation or modding. Unless, of course, it's not a case where the battle-x have +20 CR over the dps. Yeah, CR differential could be a real pain.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

yea exactly if you're of an equivelent CR you really shouldn't be getting out DPS'd by any form of battle anything...

Unless you're nature or electricity then, well, LOL.
    • Like x 1
  13. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

Battle tank aye? Lolol what a joke and this is coming from someone who always tanked in this game. Just go Atomic and spam Thermo Explosion and Atom Splitter.

Or just hit switch role and dps.
  14. VV Dedicated Player

Well, the tanks had 260+ SP; Fully modded DPS gear on. With all buffs activated. Which means they have as much might and crit chances as the dps.

Not only that but they're in contact with the target 100% of the time while dps have to pause on certain occasions.

I out dps them only by 5-8 millions when we run together as battle tank + dps setup.

Atomic battle tanking is different.

Any other power is whack.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Those skill points could still be spent better in tank role, they're also not getting the 60% damage buff from max damage only 10% and no doubt sacrificing the healing chest mod for the likes of penetrating strikes, therefore transferring that healing bonus they'd have received back on to the healer.

A true DPS player should not be getting beaten by a battle anything as long as they're of the equivalent CR and have enough SP to get the basics.

The truth of the matter is, these hybrids came about because some DPS have sucked so hard they've needed a carry, which is truly horrible given how basic AM DPS is.

I mean I'm all for letting you do what you want in regular alerts etc. but keep it out of elite content, survival modes and the like... in the long run all you're really doing is compromising the group.
    • Like x 3
  16. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

for those not using steam.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. VV Dedicated Player

Sacrificing doesn't hurt them. If they fail - yes. They're not. They're being resourceful.

As for the carry part. I agree.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

so they've decided to unilaterally gamble with a groups success... one thing if its a league run another if they're deciding to take that gamble with a bunch of randoms thereby wasting their time when the group asked for a 'tank' not an 'in between'.
  19. Tilz Loyal Player

just quote you here.

Atomic battletank is great.
    A friend of mine is doing it (and especially in harder content for some more dps).
    He mods Dom/Might and also uses soem DPS pieces from time to time.
    When i'm healing him, I don't see any big difference for me as a healer. The Atomic tank is jsut tanking as always with using his combos, but has jsut more might and still enough dom/health. It's more abotu getting the right ratio and knowing the content.
    You just don't have to play too different as atomic battletank.

I agree with healers/trolls. It can be hard for groups with battlehealers or Battletrolls (not too much for HL). Trying to find a good battleheal is hard, but not impossible (*cough* a celestial player who is also here *cough*
  20. Nebraxis Active Player

Talk about stirring up a hornets nest....

What I basically got from all that was learn how to perform both roles effectively before even thinking about battle tanking.

Going to be honest, I have never played the Tank role. I might start collecting tank gear and give proper tanking a go.

Thanks for everyone's input.
    • Like x 4