Sorcery and Earth... just a wishlist

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HymnOfMercy, Jul 19, 2016.

1. bmce84 Loyal Player

I wouldn't mind tray powers getting a buff, like Watcher is in Sorcery where he only compliments, but doesn't take over for the healer (thowatcher is weak as hell), but the main issue with them is how to balance the pet, because if the idea is to only give it more damage than it already does then hell I'll just delete all my toons and keep 4, Earth-Sorcery-Mental-Gadgets, a group with those 4 could probably 4 man DWF at CR 168 if devs do the same thing with pets as they did with the other 1234 powers, just buffs with no balance at all.
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Right now even with 1h, sorcery not hitting at melee, and right at mid-range. I know alot of players are going to be salty, but overall earth and sorcery need a buff
    • Like x 2
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

the tray powers do, but if that happens then pets need to be nerfed, if not then it needs nothing.
  4. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I see you do not know me. because I know me know that I spent years in this forum debating the earth and its powers.
    And I know that earth for five years and only changed now because of the atomic, but my secondary toon remains earth!
    I'm not here making a comment on who just entered the game and that choosing a power ...
    Even as I have a character with each of the powers! With the exception of the celestial I do not like.
  5. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

People see the pets as op because they own small content. At tier in a raid they fall behind outside of trash damage.

• Like x 4
  6. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

To be honest I do not see problems on earth as it is today!
    The things I worry about is the tank: Make a multiple pull.
    And in the case of DPS is a second possible option only WM. (Which may never happen).
    Moreover the earth is pleasing me much in the way that this.
  7. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

The big culprit in this case is how unbelievably front loaded they are. Earth and Sorcery can technically hit 40-45k in the first ten seconds of a parse while sustaining even 33-34k is pretty much impossible without a SC.

The simplest solution would probably be to weakened the big hitters and buff the standard attacks, maybe even adding AOE to them to make the attacks even more viable.

I would still absolutely love for them to make Aftershocks a competitive way to Dps but we've been asking the developers for years now

:(
    • Like x 1
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

No. You want thevam to be changed into a dot am.
  9. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Agreed. Its an illusion on the scoreboard.

I think this is going to be the toughest pair of powers to balance out. 30 30and 40. Should be the perfect balance between player and pet.
    For the player: 30% weapon 30% powers and 40% pet. That way it evens out to 60% player 40% pet. Its roughly. 52% player 48% pet with earth (excluding movement SC). For sorcery 54% player 46% pet without Grand Summoning.
    The pet shouldn't be doing such massive bursts IMO. That way they don't become these oneshot killers on adds and don't become Mewtwo's Judgement Unleashed when on bosses. (I know Ppl be using that Supply drop trick and try to feed them hella power.

It should be strong but sustained. That should be the buff pets get. Shouldn't need to depend on a Gadgets troll all the time in SM or long boss fights especially since half of them run Word of Power or another troll runs a shield SC that doesn't power pets. Healers have SC's that power them up but they can't cast them often. And you shouldn't need to use a movement SC IMO to get a lot out your pet.

Question for the devs:
    Why arent pets granted their own weapon based power regeneration? They need it for sustained fights.
    Buff their weapon attacks too. If they're gonna sit there and spam their favorite weapon attacks, they better mean something lol.

As for options.. for both power sets.. I think the pets should provide a scalar for player ability damage on par with the Wm crit window (as stated in my OP). That should open up all the aftershocks. I'd love to use afftershocks weapon clips and the earthquake SC while having crystal on the field.
    It shouldn't just be front loaded. Yeah front loaded on adds but sustainable on bosses and not all about pet/weapon. Yellow numbers should matter too lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

hummm .... What do you think of the idea of the WM be the trigger AM?
    That is, every time I used it causes the power both our as pet, be regenerated?
    Or maybe every two or three attacks using WM triggers recharging of power?
    And this can be done either with or without the pet's!
    (But still maintaining its proportion of pet damage idea and other powers).
  11. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Thanks for the vid, it's not bad in tank role, but I'm referring more to the DPS side of things.
    • Like x 1
  12. krytine Loyal Player

OK that was during wm when earth first came out your pet hit hard but at the time earth was all around way overpowered
  13. krytine Loyal Player

No I don't know you at don't really care. But I have been playing for years and each power was always meant to be a little different then any other. The devs continue to show this by have some of the am as front end damage or set up or back end. But in the beginning the pet powers were the focal point about them they have been changed and with the introduction of the am the pet became the am for sorcery and earth. Gadgets was the only one that was not a focus pet power and still is not to this day. So I say to you use a power that is a tray load out if that is what you like and let's not have the devs make every power be a cookie cutter of each other
  14. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

There's still some quality of life things that should happen for Sorcery and Earth.
  15. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

I'm just reading your post. Never showed up on my alerts for some strange reason.
    I knew you would disagree lol ;)
    Or they could make RSA a 7% might buff in lieu of WoD becoming a standardized PROC buff. It would slow down sorcery's rotations a bit though.. at least making it as long as Offering would suffice, and giving it more procs would be nice.

As far as the Pet Abilities on dots and stuff, that could be nice.
    Crystal had a dot before the first pet revamp. And Fury did too.
    a dot burst and finisher for both pets would be nice.
    single target and AoE based on PI would be tricky.. maybe a UI interface for the pets would be nice.. but I don't see that happening.
    P.I. should definitely still play a role in pet damage though. Maybe if you do an AoE the pet does an AoE or if you do a dot the pet does a dot. Or burst/finisher it would do burst/finisher.

I wouldn't want pets super weak. If they could be granted weapon based power regeneration then the sustainability issue is fixed on boss fights.
    They can be strong but not like a legendary Pokemon. I'd actually advocate for hits up 2-4k on a dot, 15k on a burst and 21k Max on its strongest or favorite ability.

That's one thing I noticed though. Pets have favored abilities.
    Why not make Fury's pulse beam hit AoE when the P.I. or when RSA is up..
    when Crystal is powered by FG (no pi is supposed to be required with that active) her handclap attacks should be conus and hitting much harder IMO.
  16. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

That wsa dps
  17. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I'm sorry to say, but Crystal wasn't doing her mechanics which indicates you were in tank stance, on top of that your symbol above your name says you were in tank role. (Sheild)

You probably switched role accidentally.
  18. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Well I'll be you are right I didn't realize I was flipped over whats really sad is I didn't notice the tank aura as I call it need to clean my specs
  19. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Lol it's ok, I don't think you'll get good results in DPS stance, but if you want to make a vid again, go for it.
    • Like x 1
  20. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Wizards use staves...witches use wands...would love a broom style for my 2h witch...