Work In Progress Mid-Year Development Update: Announcing Large Content Releases, Open Episodes, and Summer Plans

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i am honestly happy with all this news, tweeted it to everyone i talk to, Good job devs Hopefully soon we can see the Return of FNL
    • Like x 2
  2. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

Thanks for the update, I think most of us really appreciate you guys keeping us informed about what is going on.

I am kinda glad to see the game going away from monthly content again, it will give you devs more time to work on the new content instead of having to rush getting it out. My only concern is as many have voiced, when we get 26 this month, if that will hold enough people's interest till the 27 drops in either Dec/Jan (guestimaing using your description)

It will give people enough time to work on feats to build up skill points, and farm (although lets be honest, we all know, most won't do that, just complain and threaten to quit the game)
    • Like x 1
  3. Fun Dealer Level 30

QUESTION: Is there something planned for low cr/new players to be able to enjoy low cr content without it being easily beaten by high cr players?

I know this is not as important as the other things mentioned on the OP. But we have had our fair share of posts regarding this.
    • Like x 1
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

well least you got reasonable agreements as i would like to see those powers fix as well, instead of a new power coming out when other's aren't done. But right now i am really happy stats mattering is right around the corner. along with amazon fury part 3, 6 months can fly by just like that.
  5. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Just a new mab and style same broken pvp.
    • Like x 4
  6. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

No this is trash.. Im sorry but really!? U let a small group people crying about rebalancing powers stop you from releasing a power that the larger group wants! What kind of nonsense is this! Im sorry but i don't agree with this at all, say what yall have to say but this is trash for the players that dont use the forums to cry about powers not being balanced, who cares if they aren't equal! Life aint fair! As long as you can run the mission and beat it there should be no reason to cry!
    • Like x 5
  7. cassi Well-Known Player

Well the only good thing out of this for me is, Wow is finally launching a new xpack in a couple months, so looks like I am packing up and moving back. There will atleast be something to do over there while we sit on a long gap here...now my attention can turn back to my priginal game...this was a time filler because of lack on new content there, and once daybreak went monthly, I quit wow completely...Blizz will be glad to get my sub back lol
    • Like x 3
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

it's a lot more than that, i can pretty much say everyone wants this, everyone is sick of that CR System. lots of player (not everyone) is sick of the monthly, the powers Electric and nature both have been waiting over 2 years they deserve to get a fix. Water can wait the only person crying on any forums right now is you. as you said Life ain't fair so get over it and just wait and see.
    • Like x 2
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Doubtful we'll get any significant PVP changes but hopefully. I'm not gonna say they aren't gonna give us any at all because you never know. But the gear is a nice touch. Finally something to grind. Should spark a little PVP interest for a week or two.

I'm scared that new map is going to be some NPC spam fest though. A prison sounds like some aggravating NPC filled objective based map (ex. Safehouse). If it is no thank you. If it isn't though...woot!
    • Like x 7
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Why would you all think 3-5 months without content is a good idea? That make no sense to me. To me this feel like the 1st conversation out of 3 before i'm told the plug is being pulled from DCUO. You go back on your promises that was made at the beginning of the year, and top it off with no new content for atleast 3 months and pass it off as good news? Smh i just don't understand the logic
    • Like x 7
  11. Trexlight Devoted Player

Thats not necessarily true. The Large Content Episodes will still be a mixture of different Stories within them.

12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I understand many are complaining that this is a lot to process and that a 4-7 month wait is a lot but many probably stopped reading there. We still have seasonal and probably new Survival Modes and LPVES. We also have new PvP content (I'm extremely excited, no one understands :) ) since the game is not entirely PvE. We also have all the other content that many of us can do and most (at least in my experience) don't even understand the mechanics in older raids such as BD. This would be a great opportunity for noobs (don't mean this in a bad way) to learn and for the others to enjoy PvP. DCUo has one of the best combat systems I've ever seen. The blocking,the block breaking, and the involvement. Not to mention that PvP gear always looks amazing (super excited for deadshot gear). Lastly, I know some will miss monthly but with larger content they have more time and the content will definitely last longer. Although I think they should do 60 days instead of about 90 I am really happy with this update. The larger content is far better in quality and does not take an hour to complete.
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

I dont like your definition of right around the corner. However episode 27 launching in December or possibly January would give them a good arsenal to launch.

A given example is provided below.
    January 2017: Amazon Fury 3 launch
    February: All power balancing finalized and launch of 2 lpve maps
    March: Launch of Water and Survival mode and a possible new game mode
    April: Late april Launch of new storyline

Now that all sounds like a good lineup, but the question is right now. From August to December/January (5-6 months). You have to ask yourself what do you expect to do in that timeframe?

2 seasonals. No new gear( outside of new pvp gear( if that makes it this year)).

What i would do in those 6 months:
    1. 10 Rare loot weekends
    2. 5 Bonus pvp mark weekends
    3. 2 new survival modes
    4. 20+ community events ( Mepps spawn high CR enemies throughout the WT and open world areas that drop ERK and other small items)
    5. ( put your suggestion here)

Key thing is you have to do something to not have people drop their sub or quit for 6 months.

BTW devs I am all for this change 100%, but come september you are going to have to make an announcement or do something outside of open content to retain people.
    • Like x 8
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Idc how the sausage is made man, i just want to eat. We are consumers who was promised a lot of stuff at the beginning of the year who have just been told we are not getting some of it, and we will only get a little over half the content for the entire year. How is this good?
    • Like x 5
  15. RLManuel Committed Player

Will we be able to transfer or duplicate our skill points to alts we make or will we have to pay?
    Would it be possible to continue monthly content and only do solos? game needs more solo content.

What I really want to know is....
    Will quantum be uncapped?

Will Hard Light get melee damage when using range like the powers that are low risk high reward, and will Hard Light get interruptions lowered like celestial? Will Rage get more moves that are range that do melee damage at range? We cant melee end game because it means certain death. and spamming dreadful blast is not viable, it lacks the speed, power, and mobility.

Its not fair/not right, that Hard Light and Rage have to be 0, when the other powers only have to be at 7, which gives them the upper hand and more survivability.

I understand that weapons and the last 4 powers come first but I what to know what will be happening to Quantum, Hard Light, and Rage, with out changes these will replace Electric and Nature.
  16. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Nature needs it i'm sorry i got a leaguemate who does fine with Quantum, it doesn't need it electric and nature Need it!
  17. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I agree with the base destruction stuff.
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

when have you ever seen people actually use the developer thread
    • Like x 1
  19. Milutin Mujovic Well-Known Player

Are there plans for War of the Light III episode?
  20. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Perhaps open content because while we're doing waiting we don't need to be legendary to do end game content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.