Reason Why Roleless buffs need to stay

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Apr 2, 2016.

1. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

And the fortified blocking mod as well.
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

Until they add a reason for everyone to run all content we can't rely on LFG.
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

i agree it would do more harm than good to remove them from T1-T6... its hard enough to get the roles u need for low tier content...
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

U take 25% more damage w/out the roleless buff if u have no tank i think, it could be no healer. 25% is a good chunk. Instead of getting hit for 10k its 7500 obviously. And with about 20k health then yea its makes a difference for some groups. I dont think the issue people have is dpsing in support role or hitting T or an armory. Its the exclusion of roles in alerts is the reason this thread was started. The problem is people dont want to be forced into 1-1-1-1 every alert run and with there not being alot of support role players out there to begin with it would cause problems. But think about if there never was a roleless buff. Most people would probaly run alerts 1-1-1-1 cause that would be the norm. Of course some better players could do it with say 2-1-1 but most would be 1-1-1-1. Idk if having them is good or not good. I see both sides. Is there even an option to turn it off? Idk cause i dont blind queue ever.
  5. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Yes but BECAUSE of this, players have NO reason to duel role with this crap in place. It creates the problem...
    • Like x 1
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

I have never understood why players either refuse or just cant use LFG. Ive been using it since i hit level 30 3 years ago. I also dont understand how people blind queue. Because some content may require a certain role. Say thrones with 2 tanks when it was new. And if u blind queue and dont get 2 tanks what do u do? Leave and blind queue again? That seems nonsensical to me. With LFG i can form the group i want. The roles i want for the content i want to run. So if i form a thrones group (when it was new) i can shout for 2 tanks and get 2 tanks. Ok it may take a lil while. But what takes longer? Blind queuing 3 times and getting 1 or no tanks and keep leaving and queuing or forming through LFG and getting the roles u NEED? It baffles me that people do this. I know LFG isnt turned on for new players now (it used to be) but it needs to be turned on either right away or when u hit level 30.

I say all this because ive seen people on here say they only blind queue and never ever use LFG. I could not imagine playing the game that way. I know thats not what u meant with your comment about LFG. U just mentioned LFG and obviously the roleless buff, blind queuing, and LFG all come into play with this subject.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Actually unattuned gear starts showing up with Home Turf, T4 range. The weapon drops from the Ace Chemicals/Stryker's Island interior missions after 5 daily missions (I only have heroes so that's what I know lol) AND the Department of Corrections/Biohazard gear for running that interior mission are all unattuned.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Thanks to roleless buffs, running content is for me atleast enjoyable.
    Since its the content that you get to repeat month after month. Repeat.
  9. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Absolutely roleless buff should stay..

What people don't understand is that alerts, like pz, can be completed by EVERY HEALING POWER without a troll....I know this because I've done it...

By not having a tank, players get a defense buff....
    No troll, power buff...
    No heal, health regen buff....

I've ran portions of pz with 4 DPS....

Roleless buffs add options and fun to alerts, and allow more experienced players to truly showcase how well they've mastered their power....and they are also the only reason I still run alerts....lol

If every alert needed tank, troll, healer and one DPS, I'd stop running them...lol
    • Like x 1
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

It comes back to my point of giving everyone a reason to run all content. Today I tried making a group for New Genesis for a whole hour and gave up. I blind qued and got in within 15 minutes. In the long run you're better off just queuing when what you want to run isnt the latest content.
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

See ive had the opposite experience. I said i dont blind queue ever. Well i have tried. i wanted to see what happens and the type of players i would get and roles too. I tried a few times with different content. Queue never popped.
  12. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

They can scrap the role less buff once they pony up and give Two free armories to new players, unattune the gear in tiers 1-6, and remove the 3 hour kick cooldown because lets face it, some people have no business being in a support role, hell most people in low tiers shouldn't even be dps'ing but, they gotta progress somehow and 'bad burn' usually isn't the reason groups fail, bad tanks, heals, and trolls can/will make success impossible.

So, Seeing as not one of those things will Ever happen, i agree, role less buffs do more good than harm (In lower tiers) and should stay.
  13. metalfenix Committed Player

I don't know, I kinda agree with derio...maybe what is killing the roles is not the roleless buff. The only role that was actually killed by this, were the tanks, way back when the dlc 3 launched (the joker one). The other roleless buffs? honestly they are bad. health regen buff only works when the group is together, and only when the health is below 30%, extremely risky. And the troller buff? come on, is barely noticeable, having a troll beats it hands down. The thing that may have killed the troll role (or at least the battery part of it) is the power back AMs, and the fact that the CCs powers are not stronger.

Now, regarding healers, unless the group is overgeared enough to handle the damage, they are always welcome on any instance (except duos, and I always welcome them on duos, because if I cannot finish a duo with a healer, I suck as dps). On my main, besides solo and duos, I spend 90% of the time as healer on group content.
  14. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I get all content done blind qued, but I lfg while waiting.
  15. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

There not going anywhere sadly. Also where are the people who say "They see a 50/50 balance of DPS and Support roles when PUGing"? I find that highly exaggerated. If that were the case. Roleless buffs wouldn't of never need to be Implemented . The truth is DPS still outnumber other Support roles 3 to 1. You may see a slight shift in that since the server merge but its still very well accurate.

Roleless buffs are a catalyst of the reason you"ll rarely see Support Roles. An part of the reason players level up through Duos and Roleless buffed Alerts never playing or understanding they're support role. Cause the game blissfully allows you too. Leading to the normal group format for Alerts being done with 2 to 3 DPS. An one of the 3 Support Roles always being excluded.

Unbalanced PUGs and the high influx of Damage players was the sole reason Roleless buffs was implemented. Now Instead of buffs helping PUGs, Roleless buffs became more exploited. Used by the majority to stack damage in burst threw content quicker.

Thank God Roleless buffs aren't in Raids.
    • Like x 2
  16. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

This is why we can't have nice things.

Roleless buffs weren't implemented to be used like this. They were made so that content could be completed without needing every role. Not as a crutch to make it easier to stack DPS.

If you are truly experienced, then you don't need the buffs.
    • Like x 2
  17. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Getting rid of them will encourage more people to play support. Or they won't get geared, or if they are really stubborn about not playing support they will have to reset support players.
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

It's not just a matter of players being"Stubborn to play support role" It's also due to a lack of tutorial for support roles,

I mean this game does a horrible job at teaching you how a support role functions.

I've ran with several t6 controllers and I asked them to "please give power" They didn't know what that meant.

Then there's Also the issue of players like myself refusing to Buy Multiple Armories for each toon.
  19. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I think this is probably the more accurate plan that we need... because it does two things. One it addresses the "end game" issue where this is really a problem and two it ensures that the system could do what it's designed to do.. in a more limited capacity that folks can't abuse the way they used too.
    • Like x 1
  20. Backseid Devoted Player

Oh, I don't care if they do or not really. I have wayyy bigger issues with the game besides whether or not Support roles are in demand.

I actually never thought they were a good idea really. Seems kinda wimpy to me ;)

I do, however, have an issue with how focused the game has become on group content. I could see making it more difficult to make groups a bad thing.

But I really don't think the Roleless buffs are necessary with how easy the game is now. No one at end game should need a handy cap.
    • Like x 1