Arena Weapon FoTM

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Eminence, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Roguester Well-Known Player

The worst possible change was the removal of 3 tap being blocked,allowing 5 ,let alone 13.
  2. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

Yea I agree with you
    I think they should put 3 taps back
  3. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I doubt it's actually 13 for rifle.

Also, single target melee taps are "out of the question", and since they remoced HB'S AoE BB, 5 taps were implemented to compensate as a temporary solution. There are worse things that aren't changed that present bigger issues than 5 taps.

I hope there's a better solution, but I for the life of me don't understand why people would try to block melee taps instead of the combos just to get a counter. Anyone who can bb on reaction consistently will bb you before they hit even 3 taps.

Edit: If they can't bb on reaction consistently, they can just do a ranged tap to reset the counter, a much easier way to avoid it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Roguester Well-Known Player

Because 80% if not more don't know that there is a counter system and less then that don't bb on reaction,so this was useful for these groups and ofc as an addition to mind games ,sometimes even the big boys got blocked on taps.
    The more depth in the mechanic the better the gameplay and the experienced players will have more tools to work with,I see that change as a limitation.
    Now players who could not block brake don't need to wory,they can just tap and random combo as much as they like,as for the block on point,I cannot do it,I can only predict blocking a combo,but never on reaction,I get stunned by the combo with block symbol above my head, so i can only block before the combo.
  5. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Of course you can't "react" to a melee weapon combo, but to say you can't block them at all because of a melee tap change is just limiting yourself. And the more they attack you, the less they are blocking. Use that however you can. Force them to play defensively.
    • Like x 1
  6. Roguester Well-Known Player

Still don't understand how u can defend such a change,I loved using it against pattern readers,now u need to force them into defensive,instead of paceing them with a small block in between the taps to remind them to slow down.
    As a great pvper once said "Meh".
  7. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Curious as to who that PvP'er is.

Forcing opponents to play how you want them to isn't a sudden development because of this change. It's always been a part of PvP. People just don't use it very often.

And using something that makes you vulnerable to block break as a "reminder" to your opponent isn't the best idea either. You don't know what's in their head.
    • Like x 1
  8. Roguester Well-Known Player

Somehow u didn't get what I was saying, I meant the 3 taps was another form of control to the pace of the fight,one random block in the right time when the opponent could not block brake u would give u an advantage in the pace,if u snuck
    Another good block he would get blocked on taps,so after that the opponent would be forced to slow down if he was incapable of bb on reaction,like I said more tools for the experienced players,more control against mindless aggression.
  9. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Ok so you lost one mind game. That's not a tragedy. Mindless agression will only get you so far anyway. Why? Because it's mindless.
    • Like x 1
  10. Roguester Well-Known Player

Will miss it tho XD
    And DAT pvper was dendi from natus vincere a dota 2 player.
    The game changed in such ways that it lost most if not all pro strategy and mind games one update at a time,for new player ofc.
    When interviewed about these changes he answered "meh".
    That "meh" was worth 1000 words,he knew there is nothing he can do to bring things back,he had to adapt.
    So yeah "meh".
  11. Myxo Active Player

It is. Test it. I did. You can get 2 5 tap combos off and 3 taps into the 3rd before being countered...doubt all you want. Just spam left click! weeeee
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Seventy Percent Reduction in Uppercut Mastery...yeah Em...SEVENTY. lol.

I have to imagine even you are sitting there going, "Ok...that was a bit to much." :p

I am currently going through some weapon combos on Test after it was updated yesterday and they didn't reduce or increase any other attacks on Handblasters except for Uppercut Mastery but boy did they reduce it. Holy moly.
    • Like x 3
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

All these nerfs and the flip slash has survived. Must be working as intended.
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I was going through some of the test changes and saw ~70 myself.
    Glad to know im not seeing things and that im not batcrap insane.
  15. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I just got done testing Shield. I am imagining Shield is going to hard to top once these changes hit test. A big reason is because 6 tap hold is single target as far as I am aware and at base stats it hits for somewhere in the range of 3,747 - 7,283. At normal stats I imagine that will be somewhere in the range of 11-13k single target.

Translation...don't get hit by that s**t or you are probably dead. lol

Seriously though Shield has massive damage burst throughout it's weapon tree from 5-7 tap hold which it should as the longer it takes for a combo the more damage it should do. I'm just a little unsure of that single target 6 tap hold is all.

[IMG]

P.S: If I'm wrong about it being single target then I am fine with 6 tap hold.
    • Like x 3
  16. Eminence Dedicated Player

WHAAAAT?!o_O I can't believe this..
  17. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

#Irony
  18. Absolix Loyal Player

Only tap 5 and tap 7 are AoE. All the other nonWM melee combos are single target.
  19. Absolix Loyal Player

Are you being directly targeted by the Rifle user or are you trying to screen block them? Rifle's second melee tap and the melee tap 5x combo are bpoth single target, so even with the 3 tap rule it was impossible to screen block them as the taps would reset in the time of the single target taps.
  20. ChillCat Loyal Player

Ask and ye shall receive