People said Crossplay was a good idea....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eternal Flame, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Eternal Flame Active Player

Everyone said crossplay was a good idea, I don't think so, here is why....

THE LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

I have NEVER lagged so much, I never had this problem before crossplay, but what do ya know. As if by magic I have lag.
    • Like x 3
  2. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I was just on for hours without any lag whatsoever.
    • Like x 14
  3. Eternal Flame Active Player

Its only a matter of time.
  4. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I'm ps3 and no lag here
    • Like x 1
  5. DarthJafo Committed Player

No lag here either. I AM seeing though an increased propensity to join a duo or alert and just stand there, I'm guessing they hope I'm gonna carry them. Aint gonna happen
  6. GhostFly Killah Committed Player

I've had lag spikes all day in content. Then I was locked inside of bd, it said to leave but the portal to exit wasn't lit up, I couldn't click leave on scorecard, and couldn't warp to base.. had to close out completely. Never happened b4 crossplay :)
    • Like x 2
  7. darkscarletx Loyal Player

No lag here too. Ps4. Sorry it started for you.
    • Like x 1
  8. Harlequin Devoted Player

It is not constant or frequent but I have experienced some ability lag here and there since crossplay. Considering the amount of work that went into it, that's not too bad of a wrinkle to have. It will be solved, I'm sure.
    • Like x 3
  9. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

The lag will be more noticeable on the PC side. PC had the more extreme change. The PS population is much larger. So the addition of the PC numbers wasn't huge from a PS perspective.
    • Like x 5
  10. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

I went from 120mbs to 10mbs + Crossplay and I still have the same connection quality, mate. Also EU player on US server. It's you.
    • Like x 2
  11. Malachyte Devoted Player

Here is what I don't get...I have both PS3 and PS4 and I tend to switch off from time to time depending if my family is using the PS4
    Both are hardwired so there is no WiFi issue.
    PS3 - I almost never lag in instance, however as we all know the PS3 is much slower to render go in and out of the inventory, etc
    PS4 - I ran PBR and BN back to back without any lag issue and with PC and PS players in groups
    I ran DPR, and BDR on PS4 lag city and I mean laggigng to the point of not being able to do anything.
    PS3 - ran DPE no issues
    This morning, ran DPR and DCR on PS4..lag fest
    switched off to PS3 as a test ran DPR and DCE no lag

and its just not me having the PS4 lag issues...there is something going on with certain PS4 releases here...
  12. Curtain Active Player

I've actually encountered less lag since the merge. And that is even with multiple systems, PCs, and phones on my network all at once. I was surprised to be honest.
  13. BigAl Devoted Player

I, too, have noticed instances where there are delays in powers and throwing of items. Never happened before Friday came. League mate mentioned they were in Gotham and noticed multiple disconnects in a space, when attempting to travel thru, they disconnected as well.
    Zoning issues? Area patches without connection? What are we now, T-Mobile?:p
    • Like x 2
  14. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

incorrect, i am on PC everyday there has been no lag for me when crossplay happen, in fact just the opposite to me the game is running smoother i can play my rage toon aoe without getting lag before crossplay whenever i activate that move i always got lag.

i am grateful for crossplay players who aren't need to go away.
  15. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Note that the thread is about performance experiences, which may vary from player to player regardless of platform. No one is saying anything about being grateful or not. There are plenty of other threads for that.
    • Like x 3
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I've had a bit of lag at times, but my video streams have also not been as high quality as usual this weekend. I think I'd blame my ISP before I'd blame the game in my case.
  17. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I've noticed a lot of lag when it comes to the broker, however I'm able to fix that just by going to one of my lairs to use it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Backseid Devoted Player

I DC'd last night for the first time in maybe two years, and the last time was for a specific issue that was happening in game at the time.

That's the only issue I've seen so far. Although I've only played one Duo and the seasonal a few times so far.
  19. Minnion Devoted Player

That's not crossplays fault, that was something that used to happen PC side too once upon a time... (A conciquence of haveing more people on one server to begin with... Perhaps they need more bandwidth to run things smoothly?)
  20. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Generally, to the crossplay, [IMG]. There are more people (duh). Lots of people.... in HoD and more places.

Am not liking the DP user holding down Full Auto or the shield user repeatedly throwing his/her shield. I see your need to press a button and make noise, and I raise you the mute button and/or walk away. I had a HoD instance where I could not use grapple line.... I'd jump like i was on the moon with low gravity, and float upwards. I left that instance and it went back to normal.