The Civil War Begins – 1st Trailer for Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War”

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Yaoi Pope Dedicated Player

It's a little bit hard to compare the two tho in that way. Don't you think? With The Avengers and all the side movies that go with them. It's action pact from start to finish. That's why children go bananas for those movies. Christopher Nolan Batman movies were not made for people with a short attention span. DarkKnight Rises, I think it was something like 30 something minutes into the movie before you even saw him put the costume on. 10 year olds were probable falling asleep in that movie theater. I think DC has better story telling. But I give credit where credit is due. When it comes to a lot of pretty colors, I give that trophy to Marvel any day of the week.
    [IMG]
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Personally I'm of the school of thought that the Nolan Batman films are on the "overrated" side. Those films came out right around the time I was growing tired of the "reboot Batman if all else fails" plan that DC seemed to be following, but even so I gave Begins a fair shot when I sat down to watch it.

After finishing I had no real desire to see more in the series, even with all rave reviews for Dark Knight and Ledger's Joker performance. Not exactly a good place to leave a super hero fan.

And maybe it's because I'm a little tired, but as far as the "pretty colors" comment goes, at least Marvel isn't afraid to actually use colors on their iconic hope-inspiring heroes. ;)

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

But isn't that like saying the Nolan Films weren't made for Comic Book fans... I probably enjoy the Dark Knight Rises more than most people, but there are some serious problems with it's story. Just watch the final scenes with Batman, Gordon, & Catwoman on the freeway... Who is he putting that show on for? He clearly intends to run off with Selina, and is going to let Gordon know he's not gone anyways. Why lie to them about his impending death? The scene just doesn't make any sense except to "fool" the audience.

or how about when Superman destroys the multi-million dollar drone after leveling half of Metropolis, even if we are to believe that most of the damage couldn't be stopped. Maybe after all that it wasn't a good time for Supes to destroy more government property and be smug about it when he could have easily disabled the drone. No wonder they were trying to spy on him...

[IMG]
    New BvS trailer. Enjoy.:D
    • Like x 1
  4. Alex Denton Dedicated Player

Welp. In the comics, I was with Cap, even though most of this storyline was kinda dumb. In the movie, I think I'm gonna side with Tony :/ Ah well, seems like a good movie anyway.
  5. Dametria Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Totally cannot wait to see her in action again. :)
  6. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

The best looking Olson sister
    • Like x 1
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Only if they get her out of that grungy mallrat crap! :mad:
  8. Gotcha Level 30

Exactly...
    • Like x 1
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I with Cap til the end of the line
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. Alex Denton Dedicated Player

Personnaly I'm gonna follow this one, she looks like she plans on surviving this :

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Til the end of the line. What I gather from the trailer is that Cap isn't against the registration per say but he's leery at what governments will use them for. It's basically what happened to the Winter Soldier when he was a brain-washed assassin for various government agencies.
    • Like x 1
  12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Exactly. It's cliche because such a plot is found in comics, and as seen on AOS, people with abilities are often placed in government custody, confined to be studied and abilities tested to later become a military asset and work under the government's thumb
    • Like x 1
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well, actually Cavill's suit isn't as dark as many think, it's during post production that it comes out that way. Guess it's to Snyder's taste
    [IMG]
  14. MainMan52 Well-Known Player

This trailer was epic! I got chills all over my body. I think this will surpass Captain America The Winter Soldier in almost every possible way. And I loved TWS.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dametria Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Looks like they did. :)
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It's a start anyway
  17. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

18. Yaoi Pope Dedicated Player

I'm not crazy about DC following the trend of connecting all these movies together like Marvel did. I like Batman movies but like iv said, I'm not really into Superman. Don't want to feel like I have to watch the Superman ones just so I feel like I am caught up with everything before seeing one with Batman in it.

[IMG]

If only Marvel could have made Superman.

[IMG]

Look at all that Hope that could have been XD
  19. Yaoi Pope Dedicated Player

You gotta listen to this then.Your gonna love it.

Ralph Garman think Chris Nolan's was trying to have an "M. Night Shyamalan moment" with a lot in that movie.

Best and most hilarious Kevin Smith podcast ever.
    • Like x 1
  20. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Yea I've heard this one before although I do disagree with some of the critiques he makes like saying Batman didn't do anything between 1 & 2, I thought they made it pretty clear that Batman's priority was taking down the mob, even over Joker from the end of the first film. And we can see the results in part 2 when the joker chides the mob bosses about being afraid. By the third film, Batman had retired. But a lot of people seem to mistake that as quitting because of Rachel or whatever when he actually had won the war against organized crime. But other than those nitpicks, I always enjoy listening to Kevin Smith and his guests.
    • Like x 1