Test Discussion Atomic Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Nope and that was my point they aren't the same nor should they be treated that way. A heal is used to counter damage you already took. Mitigation is used to reduce damage you will tank. Mitigation is the best thing a tank has in it's arsenal no matter what tank it is.
    • Like x 1
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

This is all I have...
    [IMG]
  3. Roomba Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Removing the tails, as they were not complete or buffed rotations, that brings us to a mean of:

29,833 dps at midrange using the same rotation I believe:

Beta x2 > APA > Nuc Burst x2 > spam the two

This was done on 3 targets in LH at mid range.

CR 126
    DPS base mods equipped
    Might gen mods equipped
    League dps mods active
    Might 10034 unbuffed (low)
    Prec 3350 Unbuffed

EDIT: I realize it's a small parse but I'm heading out the door now
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Just curious about the tanking aspect have you been looking into more survivability ? Seems the concensus is we will be the most vulnerable tank while doing our tanking mechanic
  5. Sore Steadfast Player

Would you be able to retest this to see if anything else was going on or if you can replicate that result?
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm comfortable throwing out a single test result based off either a dev request, request from original tester, or two or more other results contradicting the result in question.
  7. ACW37162 Loyal Player

@spord

Know your busy and thanks for the feedback anything you can share on the possibility of changing/buffing energize or density?

EDIT: Curious thought; is making density a resto/dominance percentage buff in tank stance to much of a buff? Even possible?
    This helps both forms for healing possible with atomic and keeps away from absorption/reflection type of mechanics other tanks posses
  8. Karasawa Loyal Player

Mean: 33785
    High: 37536
    Low: 27842

This is out of 30 parses. Exact rotation is:

Nuclear Blast, range tap, range tap /clip/ Beta Surge /clip/ Atom-Powered Assault
    Nuclear Blast, range tap, range tap /clip/ Beta Surge, range tap, range tap
    etc.

I asked some other people to try and replicate the results. Again, the main thing I did differently was not bothering to refresh Atom-Powered Assault.
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

Are you okay if I dump the original 35,519 result as a fluke?
  10. Karasawa Loyal Player

Yes. I didn't expect it to be used because it was only 14 parses. I kind of expected other people to try it out and give their results but it didn't happen.
  11. Karasawa Loyal Player

I just did another 30 parses but this time I refreshed Atom-Powered Assault every time it was off cooldown.

Mean: 33805
    High: 44300
    Low: 27473

Now I'm not so sure APA made all the difference.
  12. Sore Steadfast Player

Maybe the clip consumed just as much animation as the ability it was clipping?
  13. Elusian Crowd Control

Density says its "Usable While Controlled" in description now but in fact its still not available to use when being stunned, knocked downed or whatever else can happen. I can use Proton Remedy just fine but the Density button remains grey until being back up on my feet. I assume this counts for Mass-Density SC too since it got the same change happening but havent checked for myself today.
    • Like x 1
  14. Absolix Loyal Player

Has anyone noticed whether or not the two AMs generate supercharge at all? Since the combos are Might based they wouldn't be able to generate via the hit counter like the other AMs, and the Geiger powers should generate supercharge the same way the other AI AM finishers do.
  15. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

It does.
    • Like x 1
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

Checklist:
    1. 126 CR
    2. Full VII Mods (Might)
    3. Might 6.2 Generator Mods
    4. LH Proficiencies: Damage Out, Critical Attack, Might & Precision
    5. HT Mods: Escalating Might, Core Strength, Max Damage
    6. Might: 10426
    7. Prec: 3457
    8. 30 parses at 10 second intervals
    Mid-Range Rotation:
    Thermochemical Explosion, melee tap, melee tap /clip/ Beta Surge /clip/ Atom-Powered Assault
    Thermochemical Explosion, melee tap, melee tap /clip/ Atom Splitter, melee tap, melee tap /clip/ etc.

I would refresh Atom-Powered Assault by using "Beta Surge /clip/ APA." I used Beta Surge because using one of the melee tap combo abilities would throw off my timing for some reason. Feels like Atom Splitter's animation is just a hair over 1 second.

Mean: 31749
    High: 38052
    Low: 19853

I also did 30 parses without refreshing Atom-Powered Assault.

Mean: 32557
    High: 36872
    Low: 24710

I guess the only conclusion I can make is that Atom-Powered Assault has questionable value beyond merely acting as a shortcut to Quark-Gluon Aura.
    • Like x 1
  17. L T Devoted Player

That should bring it into line with Ragebringer, bitter Winds, and the other tank pulls. SHAMELESS PLUG: any chance you'll maybe look at some of Fire's Power costs? Before the 20% reduction, Fracture costs the same as Fireball.
  18. spord Developer

Yes, I'm still looking at it. The option that I don't like is giving blanket damage absorption while the Quark-Gluon Aura is active. That just makes blocking better. Damage absorption isn't the problem there just how it would be applied.
    • Like x 4
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I was gung ho about testing and I have a ton of parses but then I realized my sp weren't up to snuff so the data is worhless.
  20. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Do you not have the tech to make the Quark Aura simply raise the mitigation cap to 80%? That way block doesn't do anything to add to the mitigation? Essentially you are making the Aura the like the fortified blocking mod but it doesn't require you to block.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.