Atomic Is Orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BlazeChamp, Sep 23, 2015.

1. War Star New Player

Have any of the alpha powers effects remained the same though ? Hardlight was a generic blue, earth more brown, electric added a color. Those files are four years old and are probably being used by the Omacs. You really think they will reuse the names ?
  2. Ghostof91 New Player

Hey, you do know issues vary, depending on perception right, this has been going on way before the Atomic was teased.

That said I can only guess What color you represent.:p
  3. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Me if I had to pick a color for Atomic it wouldn't be Orange or Green....rather pink...I'm that kinda girl. But since a lot more boys play this I would say they have gone more yellow and make it glow more.
    • Like x 1
  4. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Btw.: l just caught look of Nuclear Winter Leader's weapon trails. They were changed.
    [IMG]
    Oh, God, please no! It's not orange it's just bloody red. Almost indistinguishable from Rage (if only don't count absense of ring). Absolutely not combine with his powers (which are yellow-green look 100% better). l just hope it's NOT final variant of those trails.
  5. Krypton Dedicated Player

Just wondering why is Orange bad?
  6. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Because it isn't appropriate for radiation. Elementary particles is often accompany with ionizing radiation, which is high frequency-electromagnetic waves. While colors like red or orange are low-frequency waves. It's more appropriate for thermal or microwave radiation. Of course microwave-related powers can get their way into powerset too & l will be glad to see orange color in them. Additionally ionizing radiation is followed by Cherenkov effect, which's (in real) cyan-blue colored, as shown there.
    [IMG]
    In comic often is used yellow-green color to represent Cherenkov radiation. Yeah, exactly that color that is shown by Atomic NPC's & was supposed to be playable since closed Alpha.
    Generally, why can't be Atomic dual-color powers, with orange color for certain its abilities and yellow-green for another? Just like Electricity has yellow-colored powers to damage enemies and blue-colored to heal allies, since electricity is owten shown in comics both with yellow or blue (or even white) color. Unfortunately Mepps said at start of this thread, that they don't want to have anything green at all. Which makes many people upset - why not include something, that we can include there.
    • Like x 5
  7. Krypton Dedicated Player

Wait I thought this was inspired by Firestorm. Last I checked he was Orange?
    Also this is a comic book game. Relax dude. take deep breaths :
  8. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Lmfao Dude really broke that down. That was awesome Krushmor.
  9. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Munitions are inspired by Sgt Rock, but where is shown him RocketJumping, pouring enemies with particle guns, railguns, dropping mini-nukes & all of it emerald-colored? Captain Atom is never shown stopping time as well. Powersets are based on concepts, not on single DC characters. Only iconic powers do, that's why they called iconic.
    Looking at words representing radiation inside new Atomic preloaded file l came to conclusion that it's true for Atomic too. Names look great should l notice. And because Atomic powers are based on radiation concept rather than exclusively on Firestorm (or whomever), that's reason why l would be disappointed to not see so familiar good ol' yellow-green rays.
    • Like x 3
  10. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

l just thought - maybe devs would make two skins of Atomic powers & put them on Marketplace as separate items for 600 DBC. One would be called "Atomic: Fusion" with red & yellow color scheme, for Firestorm-inspired characters, while another "Atomic: Fission" with green & yellow color scheme. Note, that VFX & SFX effects would be absolutely similar, only color differ, that's why it won't take more PS3 memory than necessary. We DO have option to just change color of powers - exaplme is that OMAC fighting in middle of OMAC-related Duo, its effects have Atomic related powers, but these are recolored to bloody-red. Fire (character) has green flames and Batman's gadgets recolored to yellow & violet.
    Having those power skins would make precedent to put stuff of that kind at MC, such as: blue fire, green fire, white sorcery, dark sorcery, blue electricity, violet electricity, emerald mental, pinkish quantum & many other possible things, whose would be paid option.
    • Like x 3
  11. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Orange isn't bad, what's bad and why this thread is still going is that Atomic has been green for around 5 years, many people have requested those animations for years, so Devs decide to release it... only that it's orange...

I don't care less if it's orange good for Firestorm, Neutron, whatever people, I, many others want our green version that we've been requesting for years.

Just release a variant and everyone's happy and takes a small amount of memory.

A good 1/3rd of the community want OG green I estimate.
    • Like x 4
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just give it a rest, the DEVs have said it's going to be Orange, you wanted Green for Radiation, tough, you are not getting either but Orange Atomic

Would you rather the DEVs decide to go "Screw it! Too much complaining, let's move this to the Blue Lantern folder and work on the Turquoise Water!"
    • Like x 5
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

The power is orange and devs aren't changing it.

/ Thread
    • Like x 1
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

how is this thread still going? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

I think the key thing people are forgetting is that this power is inspired by Firestorm. What characters or animations that used the green Atomic version ages ago is irrelevant because that's not what the power is based on. If we were to get the green version i'm almost 100% sure it would be nothing like the Atomic they are giving us right now.
  16. HumanoidThrills Well-Known Player

Atomic is not radiation. Atomic focuses on molecular manipulation. A major part of this is the way each atom in every molecule acts and is made up. Molecular manipulation can be used to create heat and radiation, but it also gets into transmutation. I imagine it will have similarities to Fire, Quantum, and Sorcery while also having a somewhat unique feel to it.

Orange makes sense when talking Atomic, Green would work for a radiation power.
  17. SkullGang Devoted Player

I think they are more stuck on some form of Atomic being green back in the day. Had it been any other colour they would feel exactly the same.
  18. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

you should be happy that your power is coming out the devs have the contractual license to change things in game i'm still waiting to see if shadow and serums will come out
  19. Fyrepit New Player

Something to think about; "Radiation Mechanics" is listed under the Atomic powerset. If this is the case, then perhaps it will turn out like this; one power tree will be based on molecular manipulation and be orange, while the other power tree would focus on radiation, and be muddy green (this is what I'm hoping for, anyways).

For now guys, I think we just need to wait and see. :cool:
    • Like x 3
  20. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

l support this idea! Firestorm powers may look orange-colored. But Atomic powers are not Firestorm powers. They're ALOT wider than Firestorm's. There will be radiation too, not only molecular manipulation. For instance: in comic Firestorm is exceptionally rarely seen dealing with radiation. That's actually more like Captain Atom powers. And here, in DCUO, Quantum power inspired by Captain Atom can stop time & create artifical gravity. Which is, according to lore, more related to Time Trapper/Rip Hunter or even Geo Force.
    l found many of insignations for elementary particles - beta, electron, neutron, photon, particle, proton, neutrino inside game files. And having red or orange tints on them would like squishy & weird, that's why l'm fighting that.
    • Like x 3