Dev Discussion GU 47: CR Differential Adjustment Update

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Tunso, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlequin Devoted Player

I'm starting to believe they released an earlier version of what was on test, a version before a ton of fixes were implemented. Evidence is piling up.
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, I was curious, so I took my CR 112 Earth toon, removed all the armor, so equipped CR was 0. I queued for Regal Hotel T3 Challenge. I had 440 base defense and 1630 base health. Adds were hitting me for over 300, even through block, and I died pretty easily. However, I had Crystal up, and if I stood back and let her do the talking, she was destroying NPCs with over 111k hits, lol! I'm going to guess that Sionn was using a pet class.
  3. Sionn Committed Player

No, a nature villain on T1 duo. I wasn't at zero in the duo. I removed most of my gear to get to CR 39. Still had my weapon, waist, and utility belt. I suppose I could have called my companion to check that.

I started with a T1 solo before queuing for the duo.

Gates, and Gotham were on my 114 light character, but my CR in both was 17, not zero. Though I had no gear equipped that had any defense.

I initially did it to test my damage after seeing a huge damage increase on sparring targets after removing my gear. Except for weapon, and utility belt. Which revealed that the sparring targets were bugged. Even though all my stats were cut way down, I was still able to solo kill every mob I tried in Gates, until the boss spawned. It was no go then.

I can prove it easily enough.
  4. Sionn Committed Player

I just did the T1 Raven solo again with no armor, a cr 34 weapon, and my utility belt, and it was easily survivable. My equipped CR was 10. I had 2474 hp, and damage adds up quick with that little health. I called no pets, but used soders.

I also did it again geared, and just used range taps so I wouldn't get credit for unnecessary damage. I noticed something though. The ones just named "Demon" in there required about 3500 damage to kill as a CR 10. While I was geared there were a few I did not one shot with only 4700 damage. Make of that what you will.

I don't think solos have the same issues as raids, and alerts though.

I ran a Family Reunion today with all of us 93 to 95. 3 DPS, and one heal. We couldn't get past the first part we were getting hit so hard at times. One group would be easy, but the next group would slaughter us. I have done this mission several times as a healer before I took a break from the game before sons of Trigon, and successfully completed it with 3 dps, and a healer. It was tough, but not that tough. We all noticed that sometimes the mobs were not losing health, and those mobs hurt us more. Of course, we had people drop. I don't know why these people who are seeing these things won't post here like I do. I even asked, and no one replied.

Then later I did a Strike Team with the same configuration, and no high CR to carry us, and we had no problems at all. Other than one guy who quickly learned to stay with the group.

It's just inconsistent. Maybe the old stuff prior to WoTL got buffed more, and bugged more by the update.
    • Like x 1
  5. Southbeatz Well-Known Player

Maybe the devs tried to change too many things all at the same time. Maybe they should have adjusted things per tier in separate updates then at the worst only 1 tier as a time might have problems.
  6. lanternknight Committed Player

1) the basic game still had two tiers. T1 mark of triumph and t2 marks of distinction. We did not complete a full set to progress to the next. Yes, by the time the next dlc came out we were at max gear when it was released. Which is the case for all the previous dlcs up until now. Yet, even with thkse dlcs out we skipped to gear up faster when leveling alts. You said you are 110. Did you get full t1 gear before doing the outer raid? Did you get full f2f gear or its equivalent from duos before doing fos raids? I highly doubt it. You like everyone else skipped up to what your cr said you could do even though you weren't appropriately geared for it.

2) all I do is pug raids. Throne was no exception. Yes some can beat it and some cant. That always doesnt have to do with someone not k owing their role. A lot of it has to do with lack of knowledge being passed to them to complete the raid. That is why raids are always hard to beat at first. Less knkw what to do to beat it. Once more of the knowledge is spread the easier the raid is to beat. Which has less to do with knowing your role amd more to do with knowing the raid and npc mechanics. Teaching those willing to learn helps more than anything. No fix will ever help deal with those unwilling to learn.

3) 111 to 110 is a very small difference. That tank knew what he was doing. Are wipes came from learning the mechanics. Once we knew what to do isnt the rooms and what the bow master and punisher did lab was cake. We were also a pug group at that.

4) That is my point. No one is teaching anymore. To concerned about themselves and finishing the content as fast as possible. We need to take the time to teach people. A lot of these people that don't fully know their roles are in leagues. A person in a league with that lack of knowledge is unacceptable.

On a side note. The blame also falls on low levels complaining about high levels coming in and just burning thru the content to the bosses. Just like I said the high levels should teach when they see someone doesn't know their role, the low levels should keep up if they see a high level take off.

I think this change was really stupid. Especially since the devs and most of the players in the community don't have the common sense to realize this won't fix anything. It just continues with making the game less enjoyable.

On a side note. This change shows just how crappy Rage's melee awesome mechanic is. Im leveling up a Rage toon (70cr) and he is getting killed by adds in gates (80cr), while using the melee AM. Even with canceling my rage crash. Rage's range attacks need to be boosted.
  7. lanternknight Committed Player

Now that the change happened and a lot thought it would be a good idea, I see nkw think otherwise. Next time stop being lemmings and going with every change the devs suggest. Step up and say no. You have a right to ensure the game stays enjoyable.
    • Like x 2
  8. Sbel Devoted Player

I did. I even had a complete set of Central City gear before doing any FoS raids.
    • Like x 1
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Welcome to the family <3 Oh those mornings running the CC bounties with the league before going to work... how I miss them ^^
    • Like x 1
  10. lanternknight Committed Player

Really!? I could say I don't believe you, but I will just say good for you. In my opinion, that is just bad leveling. But, I know what im doing so that's why I say that. I dont waste marks on gear when I level up my alts. It was all about the drops from duos, alerts, and raids to boost my cr into the next dlc and I knew what feats to focus on while leveling. So, you said you are 110cr. How many skill points? Honestly.
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

How long have you been around in the game? And what you asked Sbel was never about alts, you asked him how he did it and I suppose it was his main that went through this kind of gearing process. As did many old alts back in the days where every tier had it's own marks.
    Plus you got Marks of Momentum (Central City) faster than Marks of Krypton. It was like 15 MoM vs 8,2 MoK per day. On top SPARC weapons were the best and the Trinket was also one of the best. There was a reason older toons went through the Central City Progression entirely.
    • Like x 2
  12. Sbel Devoted Player

I'm not the person you originally responded too. o_O :rolleyes:

My SP? I could tell you, but you basically called a liar twice in one small paragraph. Look it up if you're so interested, I'm not hiding my name.
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

LAplusBELLE Rouge EUPS 43 SP lol n00b

:D
    • Like x 1
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

That actually all sounds legit. You'd be able to do some decent damage with a CR 34 weapon in a T1 solo. You'd also take a lot of damage, if not careful. The demon damage difference is just overkill damage. The add health wasn't really different. The FR anecdote sounded legit, as well. The scaling isn't as steep as the stat growth was before. Early T5 won't seem really easy until you're at the end of T7.
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i have had luck after a few tries with utility belts but even after all weekend I am still unable to unlock anything in my main frame with out being disconnected. every single time no matter what toon I am on if I try to unlock the mod boost it disconnects me from game
  16. RCMPenguin New Player

I started up a couple of new characters, just for the heck of it. The missions are just ludicrously easy. Sailed through like they weren't even there. Never had to use powers. A couple of charged shots and bosses folded like paper. It's really no fun at all.
  17. Dedgurl415 New Player

Well thank goodness! That's certainly a relief to hear. Glad to know all problems have been resolved. Thanks!
  18. freakazoid67216 New Player

This Change is PATHETIC!!!! You change the game to make thins more challenging, but in the end, you ruined it. Every time I have gone into a battle in a Raid, or an Operation, the ENTIRE group ends up raging out and quitting, disconnecting, or disbanding the group. There is NO way to finish a challenge now. I have gone into the Prime Battleground with a group of level 100+ CR's and NONE of us were able to even defeat the first Avatar. I go in under my Munitions character, load the same mission, find a full group of level 70 - 80's, and WE COULD NOT FINISH. I loaded up the Inner Sanctum 4 man, we could NOT defeat Brother Eye with all level 70's. You have effectively RUINED a once fun game. I had just recently spent the funds to become a Legendary Player and that cost has now gone to waist.

I was just recently in game no more then 5 minutes ago and an entire group of 8 people have said that they felt like quitting playing DCUO all together because of this fiasco of an update. More and more people that I have spoke to are complaining about the changes that have been made in GU47. One person told me that they hated the loot changes because it now makes it IMPOSSIBLE to gain Marks of Victory because you have restricted the Raids and Operations to select levels within the tiers so that ONLY those levels will gain marks. How can a person progress when you screw up a game like this? How can a person continue to enjoy a game with a botched idea like this?
    • Like x 2
  19. freakazoid67216 New Player

I agree with you on this one. They have ruined the game. My Quantum character, my Munitions character, my Earth tank, and my Rage Lantern are all now weak. I dont like the changes they made with the armor systems either. The whole idea of having to complete a past set JUST to move on to the next is a full on WAIST of time, marks, and patience. This fact needs to be changed. I have heard several people complaining in chat at the Watchtower where this has made things frustrating. Like myself, I was bouncing around between different vendors to upgrade my toon as quickly as possible. I was about 4 parts in to the armor vendor that stands next to the teleporter that takes you to New Genesis. Now I cant compete that set because I have to work on past sets and I have NO idea which set I need to work on. And with the restrictions on collecting marks, that makes it even worse because now I have to take 3 to 4 times as long gaining enough marks to get the set that I need to continue on with my characters leveling of its combat rating
  20. Eyeofthelight New Player

Why does my ice tank CozyBeast shields never seem to work for t6's and does sp really have to matter that much in the game I like to enjoy my games not try hard and get everything and I think a lot of people said this already but the tiers are messed up im going into t4 as a t6 and getting destroyed? I loved this game I just wish everything can be balanced out to make it fun again not harder and worse. there's so many ideas I have for this game you guys don't even know but I don't want to sound like a jerk but please fix it

and can you guys stop buffing and debuffing powers kinda annoying now just shut down the servers n buff all the powers instead of keep debuffing and buffing weak powers or buffing new powers and then debuffing them making people waist there money switching powers back and forth

thank you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.