Dev Discussion GU 47: CR Differential Adjustment Update

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Tunso, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dedgurl415 New Player

That's what I'm reading. Instances are too tough for "at tier" but if you bring in a higher tier you only make it tougher. This is a no-win scenario.
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

No, that's not how it works.

When your CR is lower, your receivs more damage, when you are higher you will receive less. The increase of stats was flattened and balanced out, so that high levels can't turn into gods, just because they are one tier above.

They need to be two tiers to be able to solo an alert (which still won't be an easy thing to do) and more to be able to solo raids.

There is a guide in Oracle's Database with the full explanation of stat flattening. You can also use the link in my signature and find it in the guide index.
    • Like x 2
  3. metalfenix Committed Player

But according to that, if one high tiered toon joins a T3 instance with me (I'm CR 66 at the moment), difficulty will be augmented?? that's not fair for anyone, especially the low CR ones. That would explain why some runs on T3 alerts have been hellish to me, and easier to others. In my runs, I had players with higher CRs join (some in the 70s, some in the 90s), so the T3 instance upped the difficulty on purpose just because an higher CR joined??
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

no, you got it all wrong.
    The high tier toon is augmented, not the NPC: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...ive-cr-scaling-what-the-heck-are-they.249944/
    In alerts the role-less buffs can have a big impact: eg. a tank who doesn't do his role will screw up the entire group, because you all will receive more damage than with no tank at all.
    • Like x 1
  5. Godzilla313 Level 30

I am telling you, the gamers are not liking this at all, and I am one of them! Last night I went in and took up one of my toons who was CR 65 before the change, and 71 after. While I thought that was good, I discovered with horror that that made me no longer relative to T3, and worse, trying a 4 man mission, even at T3, was nigh unto impossible! Worse, I can no longer gain marks unless I am T4, and there is only 3 missions for T4! Now, how in the world am I going to get enough of the new marks to advance enough to play without going through months of bounties and such just to get what I need. They made this waaaaaay to hard now. I know it needs to be a challenge, but come on! There has to be a scrap of hope in making it. Moreover, if it came down to it, one should be allowed to get marks against any foe that is above the m in CR and they yet succeed! Now, I can understand new toons starting in this system from the beginning, and I have one that I am testing to see how it goes. But, for already established characters, it is a nightmare! I am now very sorry Sony handed this over to Daybreak! They messed this all up! What do I have to do? Do I erase all characters and start all over again in the new system? I put too much time, love, and effort into the toons I have now. This is a bunch of nonesnes!
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Only 3 missions for T4? o_O
    - 2 open world solos
    - 2 4-man content
    - 2 bounties
    - 4 8-man content

That's 12. plus: vault and 2 daily on-duty rewards. But I agree that we need T4 duos and one more 4-man content.

Also be careful with Promethium rings and necks: They are currently bugged and have stats like item level 20 ;).
    • Like x 1
  7. metalfenix Committed Player

According to this post, the npcs are the ones who gets the buff, not the high tiered teammate.

From now on, if a high tiered toon joins an instance with me, I'll have to expect an increment on difficulty on the instance.
  8. Godzilla313 Level 30

But what about all the issues about making the missions almost impossible to finish when they weren't as bad before? I really don't like this. This is geared more for new toons coming up in the new system. Everyone else has been left to rot! I don't want to start them all over again! That's just too much!
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

They based their tests on the scorecard, which has been known to be unreliable for years.

Good testers use the combat parser, like one in the guide linked...
  10. Godzilla313 Level 30

IN the meantime, I am going through the steel mission at ace and whatever other mission might yield something to me. Also, I've never done any real bounties.. I never saw the need. Where in the open world are they?
  11. same Johnny Dedicated Player

It's actually the other way around, you need to be on her face to not get damage. It's always been like that, whenever that attack comes up, lunge her and you should be in the safety zone. I bet it's doing insane damage right now... Sigh, so many shenanigans...

Edit: Note to self, Sbel beat you to it, Johnny, hahaha! :oops:
    • Like x 1
  12. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Near the T4 solo-mission-hub.
  13. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

Oh what a tangle web the Devs have created. They alllowed people to steamroll content one then take it away and expect their customers to accept it ...
  14. Sionn Committed Player

I think it's all scaling. A thing they said they were not going to do. If things weren't scaling to CR, then why can I go in Gotham under siege, remove all my gear, and complete missions as normal? Anyone? I shouldn't be able to dent those mobs, much less survive a hit.

Also, I did the same thing walking into Gates solo. Not only was I able to kill mobs in there, I was getting close to the same damage-in number with gear, and without gear.

What that tells me is that stats don't matter at all. That's just wrong.
  15. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Ok, this is just a question, not being accusatory, though I realise how it will sound.

Are you sure about this?

I tried doing what you are describing, walked into Arkham, then removed my gear, and was destroyed by the first add. Zero survivability. I'm willing to test this right now. Did I do something wrong?
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

On one of the test server builds, the relative CR scaling was based on your max CR, which doesn't change like equipped CR. People were doing just as Sionn described. Tunso adjusted it to key off equipped CR, before the GU dropped. That shouldn't work anymore.
    • Like x 1
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

18. same Johnny Dedicated Player

So it was either shenanigans or outdated info. Thanks for clearing that up.
  19. Sionn Committed Player

I have no idea. I just did it Gotham under siege, and Gates. You have a smaller health pool without gear you know. I went into Gates after removing my armor, though I did leave on my weapon, and utility belt. I also went to Gotham under siege portal without armor. Maybe that had something to do with it.

I also tried to avoid hits.

Now that you got me thinking about it, just a little bit ago I removed most of my gear to queue for a T1 duo, and it was waaaay easy. The other guy died once, and dropped, I finished it solo. I had much less armor than 40 cr, and it wasn't bad at all.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

That shouldn't happen now. What was your equipped CR? Tunso was going to make the scaling go with that, rather than max CR. I guess it's possible that didn't happen, though. I haven't tested it specifically.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.