Work In Progress What's Next For DCUO: New Plans For Future Episodes.

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

The other factors are already there.
    the tiers aren't equal.
    Tier 6 has been the most complete so far and has had the most of every type of content and even within that single tier, the content would be divided further.

No solos from t3 until t6 with my own character

No duos in t4 or 5.

Very few t4 alerts.

If anything the rare style vendor guarantees people not running certain things now.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

1. Yes, that's exactly what we mean.

2. We expect to make instances, but there may be other options or ideas from time to time. We have a lot more flexibility here, to respond to your desires for what stories and characters you want, and to what type of gameplay experiences you want.
    • Like x 6
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

cause now the cr 100-108 with that being said you're cr is now too high for that content.
    you are cr 114 you are on the second part of t6.
  4. ErnieB Loyal Player

you wont even need to finish the content if you have a feat half way through, or get that last piece of gear from Zatanna in L&W, just get what you need and leave, not saying we should do this, but I'm sure many will.
    • Like x 1
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Questions so if I read this right. So all we will need is set gear from now on? We won't be getting like 5 different level items from now on? Or will elite raids and alerts drop a bit better gear? Also you mention we should change in our marks early. How early and will we have that option? Can we do it after the update exchange marks since we can only have 100 marks. What about rare style vendor, how much will it cost? One last question I can think of, on lower tier content, will still be able to get loot since certain styles only drop in certain content?
  6. Ichiro Loyal Player

7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We know better what we're doing with the last four years to lean on. It's important to note, it's the same overall stuff that we have been consistently delivering every three months, just split up and delivered more often. We've proven we can hit 4 DLCs a year, and this is an extension of that. #ITrustLoche
    • Like x 11
  8. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

Would this not be the perfect time to introduce stat-clamping for "qued" instances, it only makes sense I think, if a high CR player wants to run some older content but already has the feats and styles involved rather than steam rolling it and receiving nothing I believe 1 or 2 marks would be some what rewarding and fair.
    With this new system according to the chart I would receive something only for the current dlc and anything in the future within a 5 or so cr range, making WotL2 and everything below it obsolete except for styles and feats, but what if someone has all the styles and feats that would make all content below WotL2 completely obsolete, stat-clamping would fix this I believe if there was a "small" reward involved with it. Or even some kind of incentive reward if high cr players helps a person or persons with there 1st time in a particular instance. I know of another game which will remain nameless but some of you may know which does this and stat-clamping and high tiered people luv it when a newbie joins because that means extra marks, Woot! Woot!
    • Like x 2
  9. BumblingB I got better.

It just seems like this system would go hand and hand with clamping lower content. Gear you gain helps you with higher content and if you want to go into lower content to earn rewards, it's relevant with you.

I don't like the idea of forced clamping either and would prefer and option, but there has GOT TO be a reason to help lower players. As it is, there isn't. You stick with your bracket and stay in that wave. It will hurt lower content. So if you want to help leaguemates you are literally doing it just for no reward other than "maybe" salvage. It also hurts if you take a break and you can't catch up to your peers that you were with that week. Then there is an alt issue. Bye bye alts.

Really, there needs to be something to help. This is a good idea, but there is so many little things that hurt slice of life because of the new restrictions. It's worse than symbols addition then.
    • Like x 2
  10. Valsmurf Loyal Player

So this confirms you guys are slowing down progression for new players and alts right? Basically you're saying you want to concentrate on current players right?

how do you guys plan to improve new player retention and the experience for new players?

This change seems to make it infinitely harder to catch up to current tiers. You need to grind each tier like at launch, except now nobody plays the low tier content and people have even less incentive to run it than ever before since it will not grant them anything

I' sure you're probably tired of seeing this video, but how do you plan to combat the negative and intimidating effects of power creep as described in this video?

• Like x 6
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We've removed symbols, due in large part player feedback. This means those marks are fully useable for progression, and we've expanded that to a full six months of content going forward. There's some give and take, but at the end of the day everything can't reward marks in an environment where there's an ever-increasing amount of it.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

They remain the same forever.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There is just ONE level of boost now.
    • Like x 7
  14. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

4.5 years into the game I think we're in a much better spot then before. Before, it was almost guaranteed that you would freeze 2-3 times a night (I had worse nights) and now, I freeze once every month if even that much so from an overall server stability standpoint, we're leaps and bounds ahead of the game. The game was also brand new at the time, the playerbase was erratic and, frankly, not very profitable (hence the need to merge servers and go F2P in the first place). I think, from a development standpoint, they have much more information as well as better preparation to do something like this. I don't even think monthly updates were scrapped because they were too difficult, I think they were just scrapped because of the transition to F2P and a need to generate profits from content sales.
    • Like x 3
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is explained in the post. Check out the visuals. We still have Normal, Vendor, and Rare gear. In elite instead of elite gear (with higher item level and stats) we now have set gear (with set bonuses).
    • Like x 1
  16. alexia New Player

Hello.
    I'm from Brazil, How would the cost of each of the episodes?
    Currently episodes are $ 9.99 us dollars = $ 31.28 equivalent real brazillian.
    Then each of the episodes will cost $ 9.99 dollars to month?
    sorry my English
    • Like x 1
  17. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

alright Thanks for the info. This will be a real challenge.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

On the contrary, players coming up have even more content available - the whole tier through 5 - to make leveling faster if anything.
  19. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Sorry Mepps I have to re-post but i know you want the conversation in this single thread, I would really like an answer to this:

• Like x 1
  20. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Hopefully some of the hard ends are hammered out, I love the new content ideas but this seems disastrous for progression of new players and alts, and the greatest gift to current players at the top of gear progression
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.