Work In Progress What's Next For DCUO: New Plans For Future Episodes.

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

But doesn't that make it more unlikely to have enough people to run that bracket or to go back and get it? As you've mentioned that older content's marks already are non-relevant, getting a group to run kahndaq or batcave is a nightmare.

The way this is setup, the bracket cycle is good for new players that go with the cycle, but players that are casually running content will get hurt the most as going backwards or catching up will just... hurt.

I like the idea of more content at a faster pace. I don't like the idea that content is less relevant as you go up.

QUESTION: Are there plans to do stat clamping of older content to keep the relevancy up and the enjoyment and rewards to further your character?
    • Like x 5
  2. Radium Devoted Player

Do you know that they will?
    • Like x 1
  3. ErnieB Loyal Player

don't know lol, and yes the cost will be the same but with the new mark.
  4. Sore Steadfast Player

Correct. I was serving up just one example to focus on the difference between set gear and non-set gear.
  5. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

It seems odd to give less incentive to run old content when some tiers rely nearly solely on group content for progression.
    • Like x 2
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

Correct. I'm contrasting today to tomorrow. Today, running old content for MoT isn't relevant anyway with the exception of running AF1 and HOP1 stuff. That said, losing that won't be a big deal because rent costs just got cheaper.
    • Like x 3
  7. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Please I would like to have an answer to this.

Here I will expose my concerns to this new system as well as giving you what i've liked about this.

What I liked:
    The whole Idea behind the 1 single mark I think is really good, meaning it's easier and will look better rather than having 165k marks of triumph there and then marks of fury etc.

I loved the changes that were done to the Mainframe boosts and same with the cost for utility belt.

I can't argue about having new content every month I think is a new concept we'll just have to adapt, It might be intresting it might not, but It's something I guess we should just have to experience, and my guessing is that if it doesnt work it will get changed as you always do.

My concerns and what I didn't liked.
    -One of my biggest concerns is the loot locks for the Elite raids if they're only going to be there for 1 month, If the loot locks will keep the way they are like Elite Throne, It will mean we'll only have 1 month before next tier content drops, meaning only 2 chances to do the raid without loot locks. And with the drop system it will probably only be 1 drop from elite content.

And that's it if the raid is beatable, like throne of the death wasn't beatable even for the most "elite" groups in the game for well more than a month. That will mean if you want to have more than 1 piece of "elite" gear you'll have to 100% replay, while with the previous system you could have at least a couple without replaying.

Even if you replay, and you get elite gear, your elite gear will become useless pretty soon with the release of new content mearely one month after.

-Another concern, how this 1 month releases are going to be tested on PC test server? we'll have them 1 month prior to their release?

- Leveling up alts and already exsisting alts.
    I'm going to expose this with some examples:
    I have a 111cr Villain on PC. He's not my main and have a decent amount of skill points, now if i want to get more skill points i have to get styles or feat from lower tier content.

Let's say the "pick up one" feat from Halls of Power 1, that's a feat I must run and do it with my villain, because i can't unlock it ,even if i have the feat on my hearo, because the difference in villain side they have Mr Miracle and Barda not Kalibak and mantis.

This feat hunting can happen but Its going to be way more difficult to get since no one will be intrested in running an old raid that won't give them marks. And the problem is you already take 30 mins or more making a group or just simply queuing up for a 20 minute raid like lockdown. ( 20 minutes using previous dlc's+ hop gear)

Or just the fact of getting old styles with that same character let's say t5 vendor styles from mogo, I would have to spend marks of victory on them to get the style when I should be getting new gear.
    The thing I see here is also the limit of marks we will be able to get since we won't be getting marks from previous dlc's it will make hard work on those styles while getting new gear. <- This right here will make leveling alts really and I mean really difficult.

-Let's pick another alt example, Let's say I just created a new character and I'm doing content to get my cr up, the difficulty to get a group going that will be a good group and that will listen and try to work together it's going to make really difficult to make it happen.
    The population that will run lower tier content it's going to decrease except for lower than t4 that will probably remain the same since people wouldn't run things like khandaq unless they want styles or feats.

Going t5 fowards that popultation of people running stuff will decrease considerably, since people was mearly intrested in running things like paradox for marks.Getting a group together to run just a normal paradox and people that will listen and won't wipe each time will become more difficult and will take longer to look for, since there won't be experienced people in the group, searching for a group for necropolis that's a 15 minute raid (speed feat) will first become a 30 minute search for people and then a 25 minute while you explain mechanics to the group and that's if they will listen to them. You can tell me well do it with your league, and yes, but what will be intrested for league mates that won't have rewards on running stuff with me? I mean yes i'm sure they will help but still it's just complicating stuff.

And don't stop at leveling alts, think of the difficulty the new players will have to get to new content.

-The concern I have with my main character:
    First I like running old stuff like paradox/lockdown etc... and now without getting a reward I won't be running it because I have all the feats on those older content, now i won't get a reward for those, and as I said I could run it with alts but doing it will be more painfull than ever. Even if i'm having a new content to run each month it will easly get boring because maxing out on one thing one month, on next month you won't even want to run it, and you'll stick with the new stuff for the month.
    Wereas with the old system you would do the transition, starting with duos/solos and alerts maybe stoping a bit, running raids, then going back to do feats on alerts or solos, it wasn't a linear transition you could do whatever you'd want here in my opinion it will be more linear. It's of course something we'll have to try but i'm not really a fan of it as exposed.

Another small concern with my main character let's say when this change comes up, I'm capped at marks of fury and marks of triumph, what is going to happen to the amount of marks of triumph I have ?

As another question, the Set gear from elite alerts will have a top item level correct and will be part of the set of the elite gear from raids, meaning i woudln't have to mod again new pieces when we get the elite raid gear?

And just as a final thing.
    You put in place the symbols to expand the life of the DLC, basically what can happen now, is Day 1 new dlc I get 2 or 3 pieces of new gear if i'm maxed out of marks of victory.
    Next month when new gear is realeased, same.
    Sorry but that's all against what you guys tried to do in the first place, I think people will get tired faster than before.
    • Like x 4
  8. ErnieB Loyal Player

that would really kill old content for high players, but honestly maybe that's their intent, keeping each player on their tier only.
  9. Xanomol New Player

Oh okay so you can get them from a vendor but only at the end of the DLC cycle
  10. Ryan_Ragenolds Active Player

Does this means that, if a premium player only buy the last Episode he will automatically get all the pieces from the vendor gear toghether at once?
    Does this include the rare and set gear? because if not, then the problem still remains.
  11. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

nearly all of them with more then half the threads saying it wasn't a problem, others wanting walk ins, and the styles still drop in those alerts, so it actually changes nothing, in that regard.
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

But getting into content to even get to that point will be difficult.

I leveled up a HL toon recently and even now it can take quite a while for Q's to pop and generally your groups are filled with 110+ characters. It's difficult to shout in chat for lower content (particularly the Tier 1 through 4 content) and not everybody has a pool of friends to pull from. Now, with these changes, players have no reason to come back to that old content because they won't receive anything of value. New players are going to have a rough time getting their CR up, particularly as they hit T4.

Additionally, I want reasons to go back into that content. I would love to see something added that makes me want to go back in there. At least MoT kept the stuff from the tier before relevant, now it just won't get touched.
    • Like x 4
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

This solutions is a result of those that stated the following...

1. I do not want high tiered players ruinning my instance
    2. Make content revelant so that we do not speed through it
    3. Create a one mark system or a unique mark system for each tier
    4. Make content last longer
    5. Make content revelant
    6. It is so easy to level up toon, slow the progression down
    7. Find a way to make....

They listened to us and came up with this solutions. As I have stated, instead of simply stating the problem, provide solutions to the problem. The problem I saw with end game content is that the first week or two there are tons of players on running daily, solo, duo alerts and raids. Once players get best gear for their toon, they are done until the next content is released.

The solution here will simply make what we see today as a quick exist after a couple weeks change to a days instead. The solution here will help slow some progression down in tiers and keep higher tiered players out of lower tiered instance, but at what cost? Will que times now for T1-T5 take longer? Will an instance like A&B now be filled with players with 85 gear and not be able to complete it due to no player being 103+? Just curious if we will see people coming here complain due to a lack of not enough players selecting or setting up ques. I bet the wait time on T1-T5 will now go up. GREAT! Good move, maybe?

Let me continue my rant, this idea is plain out crazy....sorry but it is. From a business stand point you may actually rob yourself of replay sales. The idea I presented does not rob you. Instead players can replay alerts, duo, and solo to obtain extra marks if there is a limit on the number of times you can replay content during a set period. Maybe not daily maybe you can only replay content once based on how often it resets. This means raids can only be played 2x a week for loot drop. Slowing progression done and making raids revelant for the long term. This also makes Alerts and small content revelant for all.

I'm not a fan of this update...This actually may make me quit, sorry but this udpate and thoughts on this is just enought for me to consider it.
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm saying the marks from that old content was already trivial. Going from trivial to irrelevant doesn't seem odd to me. It's only a baby step from where we were.
    • Like x 5
  15. ErnieB Loyal Player

lol except that all gear would cost the same, so running old content, even if not for the full mark amount will help you get high end vendor tier, but not getting any marks would pretty much keep each player only grinding the current tier and not bothering with anything else, and besides the ones looking for styles or base items, players like me who have every low tier feat and are only missing a couple of styles, but not enough to grind the content, will have no real need to run it if I can't get the one relevant thing about the new system, the unified mark.
  16. Isikel New Player

Appreciate the response, though I have a couple follow-up comments:

If I take off most of my T6+ gear to drop my CR (and stats) down to level 70, then running Inner T4 is certainly not a faceroll. Perhaps easier for me than the average starting player, but only because I've done it 100 times.

I don't know what the costs will be for each tiered set of gear with the new marks system, but I have to assume it is going to be scaled exponentially like it currently is with Marks Of Triumph. Just seems reasonable to allow us to spend an extra 20 hours a week running old content (with equivalent CR) to scrounge enough marks for an extra piece of T7, or piece from the rare style vebdor, or a mainframe unlock... while helping out new players in old content with our seasoned experience.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No plans for this currently.
    • Like x 1
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

not the 1s I've read lol

the 1s I've seen have insulted or have had choice words for high CR ppl. More or less saying they will be glad when stat clamping comes so higher CR ppl will no longer run lower tier stuff.
  19. Tazpocalpse Well-Known Player

This is all exciting news. I am most excited about more collaboration with DC/WB . Man this is great. I feel like breakdancing. I am so excited.
  20. ErnieB Loyal Player

it will be interesting to see what It gives once you have 4 pieces of set gear, maybe an extra mod slot, or even permanent role boosts as long as you have the gear.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.