Test Discussion GU46: Rage Advanced Mechanic Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

With Game Update 46, we have made improvements to Rage DPS. Rage's advanced mechanic is still based on performing Rage Combos. However, the Rage Combos will now deal more damage when performed after hitting an enemy with a Rage Combo and being put in a Savage state. Below is a list of changes:

These Rage Combos cause increased damage while in a Savage state and in Damage Role. They will also put you in a Savage state when hitting an enemy with them.
    • Eviscerate
    • Outrage's Extra Measure
    • Dreadful Explosion
    • Frenzy
    • Revenge Spin

These abilities restore Power when performed immediately after damaging an enemy with a Rage Combo in Damage Role
    • Eviscerating Chain
    • Galling Eruption
    • Outrage
    • Dreadful Blast
    • Frenzy
    • Plasma Retch
    • Revenge

These abilities will extend the duration of a Savage state in order to continue using Rage Combos with a high damage output
    • Channel Hate
    • Eviscerating Chain
    • Galling Eruption
    • Lacerate
    • Outrage
    • Rage Blast
    • Violence
    • Bloodlust
    • Dreadful Blast
    • Frenzy
    • Plasma Retch
    • Revenge
    • Like x 6
  2. PhantomVision New Player

Spord, could you please include Mangle supercharge to extend the duration of Savage state and deal additional damage with it ?
    At least one SC working with Savage state would be a nice addition.

Also please, look into current cooldowns of Galling Eruption and Outrage in Dps role.
    - Galling Eruption's cooldown decreased from 14 to 12 sec will finally put it in line with Bloodlust.
    - Outrage was first introduced with instant cooldown which led to the abuse but current 2,5 sec cooldown is an overkill. If u could reduce it to 2 sec that would be ideal. 2 sec cooldown still wont allow clipping Outrage combo part with another tray Outrage which is enough of a restriction.
    • Like x 7
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Sweet, love the changes. Like others have said can Gailing Eruption's cooldown be decreased to 12s?
    • Like x 6
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Sounds similar to the Celestial changes. You folks will like it. ;)
    • Like x 3
  5. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

I don't think they expected anything less. Though they do get some cool pi attributes extending their buff which is nice.
  6. Rokyn Dedicated Player

A couple of things I caught while messing around.

- No descriptions for WM crit excluded? Because I believe you might be able to fit in a Brawling Shuriken storm WM in there.
    - Do we still get the 5% crit weapon damage when not specced into WM and performing the AM?
    - I'm sure that Savage State is when you have a ring around your head?
    - When performing the AM, does the PI play a factor into the damage alongside Savage State or does Savage State become the only mechanic that increases the damage of those Rage combos above?
    - And finally before I start testing, do the melee combos in savage state do more damage due to the high risk vs high reward component?

And a couple of proposals:

- Decrease the cool down on GE to 12 seconds to match Bloodlust for a quick and free flowing rotation.
    - Decrease cool down of Outrage to better match the cool downs of other Rage damaging burst powers.
    - Increase duration of Beserk SC? It would be nice to have some time to pull a lot more damage out and plus Beserk has a lengthy animation.
    • Like x 5
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

If it's like Celestial, you can't even work in a ranged tap, let alone a WM combo.
    • Like x 2
  8. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Is a proximity damage dmage increase for DB doable?

Can frenzy or E-chain get a range hold or tap triangle option?

Can we get some visual message for savage state?
    • Like x 1
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

It seems if you clip any of the following powers:
    • Eviscerate
    • Outrage's Extra Measure
    • Dreadful Explosion
    • Frenzy
    • Revenge Spin
    You get no power back on the follow up power :\.
    Is this intended? If so it kind of really hurts Rage in PVP.
    • Like x 1
  10. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

I am somewhat happy that it isn't doing ridiculous damage as Celestial and Quantum. In terms of "balancing" this is the only one among the last 3 updates that actually feels like focused towards DPS balancing.However it also shares the same major problem the last few AM updates have. In order to make power sets more approachable, you guys are really dumbing down the game-play mechanics. Ice: 3 powers clipped then just 1 power spam, Hl/Celest: one power hold/tap, Quantum: 4/5 power face rolling...there isn't any room to actually use/improve on skills needed for any of these power sets. Now seems to me Rage will be pretty much spam Dreadful Blast over and over again. I cant believe I am saying this, but even WM rotations take more skills than these new AMs.
    Any way here are some suggestions:

Reduce Galling Eruption cooldown to 12 secs as others mentioned

Increase Galling Eruptions precision versions damage

Introduce An alternative to Dreadful Blast as a ranged attack. Right now the options are incredibly limited for rage DPS loadouts

Berserk- Not asking for huge buff, just make it long enough so that its actually worth using again.

Thank you
    • Like x 4
  11. Rokyn Dedicated Player

You have to follow up those combos with one of these to get power back:
    Eviscerating Chain, Galling Eruption, Dreadful Blast, Plasma Retch, Revenge, Outrage, Frenzy
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Yeah but if you clip any of the powers I listed you don't get power back from any of the ones that is suppose to give power back.
  13. Lightws Dedicated Player

It's not Celestial At all. Rage has literally 0 range moves besides Dreadful Blast. There is 0 damage with this AM range wise. This AM is purely Melee. The issue with that is you can't melee in this game anymore unless you do alerts or lower content. So pretty much this AM is completely worthless in Raids. No one will ever choose this over WM. So Rage fits in with Sorcery/Earth/Fire/Electric when it comes to AM's. Bravo.
    • Like x 7
  14. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Hmm interesting. I'm not getting this issue myself but if anyone else is then please let us know.
  15. Wanning Comet Committed Player

When I did the Qward solo and was using DB, I noticed that it took three combos before I got power back, but on the third combo, I got enough power back that it was like I only used one, if that makes any sense.
  16. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Yeah having another Ranged Savage State enhanced move that we can clip into after Dreadful blast would be helpful to say because with current content it's extremely difficult to pull some of these melee rotations off. Now unless there was some type of defensive side effect to Savage Mode such as extra HP then it might be too over powered but could help somewhat.
    • Like x 2
  17. Lightws Dedicated Player

There are pretty much 2 choices needed from the Rage AM. Either make more options for range dps, Or change the way the top content works to I don't know aggro to the tank. Without needing to stand next to them. Rage AM is going to fail brutally if it touches live like this.
    • Like x 4
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Definitely weird if you aren't getting the issue man. Because me and Clutch spent a good 30 minutes testing Rage and we discovered that if you didn't let the animations play all the way out you didn't get power back on the power that followed it.

Two quick examples of what I'm talking about:

Outrage's Extra Measure - If you clip this as soon as you start it with Eviscerating Chain you get no power back.
    Frenzy - If you don't play out all the taps (which is suicide in PVP as all the taps are vulnerable to block) you don't get power back when you use Eviscerating Chain.
    • Like x 3
  19. Lightws Dedicated Player

I think that may be only in PvP. Because I did thrones before getting off and I clipped ASAP and it still resulted in power back.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

Could be similar to the issue we were having with some of Celestial's combos. If you clipped them too quickly, you didn't get the damage buff or power return.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.