Throne of the Dead getting shut off!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Norwegian ninja, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

simple make vendor 101 gear, and expert gear 102 with the ex 101 gear 103

and new alert drops 99, like 98 gear just tied to solos, and 99 drop in alerts.

so when it is fixed ppl have something to chase after still and it will be a even leveling field still
    • Like x 1
  2. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Gonna go out on a limb and say its not just about the glitch in the raid but people also tittled about popular powers, as usual.

This is an mmo where you play with at most 8 people at a time but everyone is SUPER DUPER into who in XYZ group is doing more damage, whose league is higher, who's troll has highest pot, who is taking advantage of an exploit, who should be banned because they have better gear. I literally went into this dlc after seeing the drop rates pretty much expecting to sit around 113 unless im willing to pay.

I actually got to 113 and started doing a villian alt, instead of being upset that no one needs healers in the only raid i have left to run for the week due to a glitch

Why is no one suggesting how to fix the broken raid, if it were straight forward enough and had rewards consistent to effort involved people wouldn't even resort to glitching it.
  3. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

If they were going to take the raid down just take it down don't tell people your taking it down and then leave it up all day.
    • Like x 1
  4. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

My guess is they need to do a server restart to remove it. This will probably happen during the normal restart.
  5. RogerBlack Committed Player

All the 'glitching' can cause bigger (community) problems that affects EVERYONE imo.

Think about it....

Not everyone is able to run that ToD raid solely 'with their league'.

If you log into the game, and have limited time available to play DCUO...sometimes folks will choose to PUG it. (ie maybe their league is already running ToD and they've only got say 3 hours available to play DCUO)

But if all the 'glitching' tactics goes completely unchecked.....

- It can lead to hours of 'shouts' in LFG of players looking for specific powersets ONLY... which ostracizes ALL other powersets. So certain folks will be able to run the raid multiple times in a day.... while other players will have the exact OPPOSITE 'gaming experience'.

- Which means that some players will definitely get unfairly 'kicked' out of raids (or not get picked up at all)... because they are not the right role required to 'glitch' the raid.

- Eventually, it could lead to massive IMBALANCE in the entire 'player base 'when the vast majority of Quantum players have much higher CRs than every other role in the game.

- Also, it could lead to longer 'wait times' for certain folks to form (end content) raid groups if they want to run the raid 'legitimately'.... because they will have these 'glitch seekers' constantly leaving their group as soon as they find out the rest of the team is NOT willing to glitch.

(For example: Say you just waited a 1/2 hour - 45 minutes to find a Tank... then the Tank leaves as soon as they learn you are NOT glitching the raid.... Now you must wait ANOTHER 1/2/ hour to find a NEW tank who wants to run the raid 'legitimately')

If you have a limited amount of time to play (because you have to go to work, or school, or tend to family matters, or whatever) this could impact your 'enjoyment level' of the new DLC.

Just saying.
    • Like x 7
  6. Silly Lizards New Player

Spot on
  7. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

There's always been people who only want to run with some powers there was a time if you were a fire tank you weren't getting in raids same with an electric healer and a gadget troller .
  8. Ink Eyes New Player

LMAO, if I did sorry, but I honestly never ninja anyone.
  9. ACW37162 Loyal Player

As if purchasing replay badges and respec token makes cheating ok.

And As if they are swimming in money and leaving glitches so they can make money.

Such a load of horse s&&t
    • Like x 3
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It will be disabled after restarts.
    • Like x 8
  11. RogerBlack Committed Player

You never ninja'd anyone... but you also never responded to the multiple folks (in this very thread) who noticed you had 7 pieces of 101 gear from the Elite Thrones Raid - lol.

How ironic.

Maybe you were too busy 'glitching raids' to have time to 'ninja loot' anyone.... is the main point I got from all those comments about you in this thread.

Just saying.
    • Like x 7
  12. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

So everything will continue lol.
    • Like x 2
  13. Sin Cattvo New Player

I never said it was ok to cheat as far as horses haha..Think aout it they FIXED clown boxs..but how did they think people were gettin thru the door... they knew Quan tunneling was how but didnt fix it ..Its not like people were poping clown boxs and gettin ported in they fixed half the glitch and left the resrt
  14. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Really I don't understand why they don't go ahead and take it down for an hour or two to disable the raid.
  15. BOXIE Well-Known Player

Btw bro. I'm the leader of the dropouts. I only have 2 quantum dps in my league. I rage and will always be rage. But I will not sit here and have some one accuse my guys and my league having so many quantums. We are mix with every power and above all else don't cheat. My guys pug a lot which is ok. Im 113 cr and some of my guys as well. We do stuff str8 up cause we are good enough.
    • Like x 2
  16. HunterThe1st Well-Known Player

Roll back the 101 gear show the players that it matters that you are taking it down and that dcuo cares
    • Like x 6
  17. Ebon Angel New Player

So that means it's fair for you and your league to lose your 101 gear because of the actions of others? And your league agrees with you on this, even though they got their gear honestly and the drops are rare?

Punishing the whole to reach a few will just make more players find other games to play. I, for one, was punished unfairly for the mail glitch and it caused me to spend very little on this game besides my membership. They need to find the actual cheaters and punish them.
  18. wick3d Well-Known Player

Curious to see how they "fix" this issue.

We all remember sorcery and clownbox. Instead of changing/removing clownbox, an iconic power that NOONE EVER USED other than for glitching, they changed how transmutation worked. , rendering it totally useless until the sorcery revamp. Fail.

We all remember Moon base arena. Instead of fixing the flag (rock?) so that you couldn't walk through the door with it, or end up respawning in your base with it if you died while holding it, they took the map down for freaking ever and when it FINALLY came back we no longer had ANY capture the flag arena game types. Whats worse if that people still walk through the closed door. Epic Fail.

If you devs are going to "fix" an instance, then fix the instance. Don't find a quick easy work around by changing something else that is actually useful or fun in the game.

/EndRant
    • Like x 2
  19. Kal~el Committed Player

Someone explain to me how anyone would have known the clown box would have transported everyone? How the heck would anyone know that unless they tried to glitch.

How does that even work unless it was purposefully placed in game to do that?
  20. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

ps3 rendering issues as I understand it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.