Throne of the Dead getting shut off!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Norwegian ninja, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

They turned off ToD temporarily to evaluate the exploits and exploiters...........

Now roll back all 101 gear, ban the glitchers, keep the raid down until it is fixed.
    • Like x 18
  2. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

How do we help the developers distinguish the people glitching for rewards from the people earning the rewards as intended?
    • Like x 6
  3. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Agreed. Unfortunately rolling back 101 gear is, in my opinion the only way to wipe out any unfair advantage that the cheaters have gotten. I am aware this will impact those HONEST players who have gotten 101 gear but for the good of the community at large I would reluctantly do this.
    • Like x 7
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

All I have to say is I approve of this action.

• Like x 3
  5. Solmes202 Loyal Player

I don't think we can can authroatatively sepate them. But I do think the vast majority of honest players who have gotten 101 gear would agree to take the hit for the good of the game.
    • Like x 4
  6. Gokaigerbay New Player

Hold off on approval before we see if they actually do anything other than let the exploiters off free or a 1 day suspension or something.
    • Like x 2
  7. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

Produce a video of getting it legit in order to keep it. I think that is fair.
    • Like x 4
  8. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

Although it won't happen, it would be wonderful if somehow they would be able to pin point those who received their glitched gear and strip their arses of it. Make them earn it the way it should be.
  9. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

Look there not going to ban anybody they not going to take away the gear. If they did I be happy. But truth is its not going to happen.

You want to hurt them without having to refund their money etc.

Make the Vendor gear 101. So that everyone can have it which makes all that money they spent on cheating worthless.
    • Like x 17
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I posted this at 3:11am GMT:

This was 14 hours 40 minutes ago.

As of right now, there are:

221 Characters at CR115 or above. 139 of 221 are Quantum.

That's an increase of 48 new CR115s, and 33 of those 48 are Quantum.

Whilst they stick out like a sore thumb, it's still impossible to tell from the data we have access to whether they earned it "honestly" by beating the first 2 bosses and resetting without glitching or if they glitched the entire thing. The developers will have better data on hand to help them here.

If it's impossible to tell, then I think a better solution would be to bring vendor gear up to 101 > Fix the raid > Release it again with 102 gear as the reward for beating it. This way, those who already have it get to keep their gear but a better set is still available for people to earn honestly.

However, if it's possible to tell, permanently banning those players accounts is the best option.

Based on the data you can find out from the census, it's quite sad really that so many "elite" players with SP around the 200 mark have to exploit content they should be able to handle. They deserve to be banned permanently for their sheer arrogance.
    • Like x 18
  11. Ink Eyes New Player

Some of the names I see crying are the same names I saw running the dox glitch, LMAO
    • Like x 8
  12. Solmes202 Loyal Player

While I don't have control over other players actions, as the Leader of my own league I have had rules in place for members forbidding glitching. When I catch them, and I do, I immediately boot them from the league. We started this with the Dox glitch and this policy has worked very well. We now very rarely have Glitchers in our league.
    • Like x 5
  13. Laz523 Well-Known Player

if the glitching is that bad, just put 101 gear in vendors and the 100 gear as drops from the raid plain and simple
    • Like x 7
  14. Ink Eyes New Player

Everyone MMO have glitches, and exploits, just play the game how you want to play it and stop worrying about the next guy getting better gear. Are you worried them having better gear will make them a better player than you? Smh
    • Like x 2
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I fully agree. I said the exact same thing yesterday:

16. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

They need to roll back all 101 gear obtained in Throne from Saturday on-wards on USPS server. If you did it normally just the first couple of bosses, that's unfortunate but blame the others that cost you this and maybe the community will start to right itself.
    • Like x 14
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Congratulations on your 7 pieces of Elite gear, by the way.
    • Like x 34
  18. Crackin New Player

So now they sell more respecs since many just went quantum for this exploit without a doubt.
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

so did any1 finish the elite version of tod without glitching yet?

if not all who have gear cr101 glitched.
    • Like x 1
  20. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Do you mean the Dox glitch were half the set of traces in time weren't in the game for months and they made a ton of money off replay badges from people trying to complete the set.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.