Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Give me 1 reason to be optimistic. 1 positive from the PS Perspective.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Some PS players I know have told some pretty yucky stories about the amount of punk kids on PS.
    I mostly just cue for everything and I like it that way. I have to say tho that I'd rather spend a few minutes more waiting than running with a bunch of rude little monsters calling me n**** every 2 seconds or whatever other nastiness.
    I'm not saying everyone on PS here guys as I have made some good pals on the forums I'd love to play with, but honestly the main reason I play on PC and not PS(which I still owned when I started DCUO) was I figured I'd have fewer kids to deal with......ewwww kids.
    • Like x 4
  3. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Pessimism is a forum and community specialty.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Just to throw this out there as well.. How are macros that much of a problem when the devs have turned dps into a face roll 1 through 5 anyway?
    • Like x 1
  5. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

The PC players who have had it good will be brought down to our level
    Haha, it's making me laugh
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

You clearly were not following the "wrongfully banned" threads over the past month. Many players were banned just for having keyboards/mice that had macro capability even though they were not actually using the macros through them. You also seem unfamiliar with how PC software works. Those gaming mice and keyboards also have gaming drivers (required software to allow an operating system to interface with hardware) to be able to use them through Windows, and the drivers themselves can be identified, flagged, and then used as evidence to suspend/ban players.
    • Like x 3
  7. Kalancarra Level 30

The animation dovetails and timer normalization took pretty much all the advantage out of macroing so it's a moot point.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Unfortunately.
  9. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Where should I validate my characters names? Or is it something for people with new characters or the ones that were out of the game for long time?
  10. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Why? BC you're in the watchtower? I can't remember the last time i even went to the watch tower. There's no reason to go there. So you feel a good reason to cross-play is because the watchtower is under populated on the pvp server? smh NO ONE uses the watchtower, you have everything you need in your base these days.

Cross platform is a bad bad idea. Apart from the fact that PC and PS suffer from very different server related issues, if "hacking" is a reality, it is bound to be far more prevelant and likely on a PC than it is on the PS...
  11. Kalancarra Level 30

It'll go by older account... fortunately since all the inactive accounts have had their toons renamed, that'll be older, still active account. Because of the shared name validation that means people who renamed now will get to keep their names, since people on the other server cannot get them.
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

How I see it...
    PvP could be revived because it's nearly dead on both sides
    the economy could deflate
    Villain population jumps to a more respectable number.
    • Like x 5
  13. Yui Loyal Player

Well, good to know. :oops:
  14. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Yeah, that's a tragedy. I can only wonder how many people refrained from playing because they couldn't have the name they wanted. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  15. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Omg!!! I get to play with Enickma again and Felsa and Yui and Proxy and MintStilleto and Splinter Cell and BlackDawn and Dametria and Mermaid omg so many!!! I am seriously crying right now! It's about damn time!

Omg I'm so excited
    • Like x 8
  16. Proxystar #Perception

You played with me before? lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Fella I will get to play with you again!!! I'm tear you up in Legends, no lag ;)

My chance for vengeance has come!!
  18. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

No, I just miss blowing you kisses in Magic Wing broker area.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

oh ok... well um I guess I look forward to those kisses... I think :p
    • Like x 1
  20. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

You will love them. I'm a Star Sapphire now
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.