Nerfs not in patch notes

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by pitbullb3, Nov 5, 2014.

1. ErnieB Loyal Player

well now you know, they even break the weapon combo counter, so testing the neck precision mod on them is useless.
    • Like x 1
  2. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Watch this

You can no longer sychro cast EMP > P Dart which by itself cut 60% off of max damage.
    Stealth is giving 1/2 the boost 3 PI > EMP or P Dart

Battle awareness doesn't carry over when you switch armories anymore T_T (This is even bigger than the loss of EMP > P Dart because after the steps shown in the video you could just switch to a loadout with distract where stealth is and get the damage every 20 seconds instead of 30) in addition to doing either EMP > P Dart or having EMP + robot sidekick + distract (great for soloing))

I don't really have the time to test right now but those are confirmed so far.
    • Like x 1
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

And that is what you are calling a "nerf" rather than a fix?

I'm speechless...
    • Like x 1
  4. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Haven't changed a thing on my gadget toon (armor, loadout, rotation) wise, but EMP numbers are lower now.
  5. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Well, if losing a mere 43% is considered a nerf,..
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

If it is due to unintended behaviour of skills and mechanics towards and how they work with or towards each other, it is a fix in my eyes. Synchrocasting was never intended.
  7. Terri Ashra Committed Player

I think it's both a nerf and a fix. I'm more upset about battle awareness not transferring anymore. That's a MASSIVE loss.

You asked lol.
    And you're right about synchrocasting, it was never intended.
    The problem is that you don't care who reported it or why.

And despite that it was sacrificed, to avoid a nerf to our AM it still got nerfed.
  8. Crackin New Player

These ninja Nerfs are the typical Omens the DCUO gods send as a new OP power draws near. It only takes a respec token to be saved from DPS hell. Lol
  9. ACW37162 Loyal Player

The word you are looking for is exploit but if you want to say they nerferd the exploit then we agree
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Maybe it isn't a nerf; maybe the developers fixed soemthing that was broken that was resulting in players getting extra damage out of certain powers that should of never exited in the first place.

What I am hearing from this community is that players are now unhappy they are not criting for 10+K in damage with certain powers. Well,maybe the mulitpler was broken and they fixed it.

Or mabye your league info isn't up to date and resulted in your damage numbers going down. I thought the same thing last update, but found out that the league stat increases were no longer active and work with a league mate to fix it.

Maybe your generator mods are not working because you forget to pay the monthly fee.

There are so many variables you have to make sure it is not on your end first.
  11. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

I'm curious as to what about fire got adjusted. Does anyone have any info on that?
  12. areacode8O8 Committed Player

FIRE?????

[IMG]
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The Gadgets EMP changes are intended and in the notes. Can you post exactly what powers you are seeing differences on beyond that so we can follow up?
    • Like x 2
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Mepps has stated that EMP was hitting twice so they elminated the second hit, which is why EMP damage should now be cut in half. I wonder if the developers did the same to other powers where a variable was set too high and adjusted it to the correct value.
  15. DC_The115 Well-Known Player

On an unrelated note can you see that Winter Ward gets fixed when the Ice AM comes around? Please

On a related note those who have complained about the number difference for other powers are using sparring targets so the information is unreliable.
  16. Trykz Dedicated Player

Sorcery- transmute is doinghalf the damage with transmute on a single target that it was a couple weeks ago. Where it would crit after a wm combo for anywhere from 8-10k on a single target it is now hitting for a consistent 4.5-5k. @mepps plz respond if there have been any intentional changes to sorcery that were not listed in any patch notes
    • Like x 2
  17. DC_The115 Well-Known Player

With 5100 might I hit 5 k with transmute before and after the update . I don't see a change but also be aware that uh additional pi damage is sometimes blocked by the initial hit bubble .
  18. Trykz Dedicated Player

I have 6037might and transmute has definitely been changed there are multiple threads about it.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

To confirm, we don't believe any changes were intended. Any details will help us confirm or fix.
    • Like x 1
  20. eanur Well-Known Player

IM no Celestial person but from what I am reading non stop on forums they seem to have a 43% reduction in dmg and 30% reduction in healing